Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca, Walmart

Melitta Pour Over Coffee Maker - $3.98 + $3.00 off (instore only w/ coupon)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2021 8:50 pm
Jan 3, 2013
671 posts
286 upvotes
Winnipeg
Been using this for years. Love it, especially when camping. Nothing like a perfect coffee if in Banff mountains, Manitoba Whitesell or Ontario parks.
Banned
Apr 23, 2021
1 posts
Makes delicious coffee! I would highly recommend for anyone making only 1-2 cups of coffee in the morning. The package also comes with a 4 compatible coffee filters for your first few brews. I purchased a reusable coffee filter on amazon for $10 for a reusable/ low waste option.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15493 posts
10160 upvotes
Southern Ontario
If you like your coffee fuller and faster (what she said), use an Aeropress but it's $39, not this $1 killer price. I take a Go and grinder camping.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5348 posts
6184 upvotes
Alberta
Thanks. Finally got one after looking at this option for a while for use at work. Bought 100 Melitta #2 filters for $4.17 (lowest CCC price) to go with it.
Nov 20, 2004
739 posts
1080 upvotes
Vancouver
AncasterRFD wrote: If you like your coffee fuller and faster (what she said), use an Aeropress but it's $39, not this $1 killer price. I take a Go and grinder camping.
I looked at the Aeropress too before buying this cone and the biggest thing that turned me off were the reviews that said the seal on the plunger wearing out eventually
Apr 1, 2019
167 posts
174 upvotes
Ultimate guide to QUALITY coffee taste on the ultimate budget. Especially if you're the type to grab a timmies or mcdonalds coffee on the way to work. I now hate the taste of Tims and McDonald's after this discovery and probably save a few hundred dollars a year on coffee.

1. Melitta pour over coffee maker
2. 100 pack #2 coffee filters for $2-4$ average
3. Cheapest mini coffee grinder you can find at walmart ie. Hamilton beach for aprox $12
4. Zavida whole bean Colombian medium roast coffee from costco (when on sale in store aprox $10 for 907 grams) or if not wanting to brave costco, costco online 2x5lb bags for $65 delivered.
5. Large portable mug of your choice (I splurged here since I'm saving so much from not buying coffee out anymore and don't regret it for a moment) Yeti Rambler 887ml (can honestly keep your coffee warm until noon at minimum if you remember to close the magnetic lid.) (Must have decent sized cupholder)
6. Save a ton of money on coffee yearly
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5348 posts
6184 upvotes
Alberta
NamesJeb wrote: Ultimate guide to QUALITY coffee taste on the ultimate budget. Especially if you're the type to grab a timmies or mcdonalds coffee on the way to work. I now hate the taste of Tims and McDonald's after this discovery and probably save a few hundred dollars a year on coffee.

1. Melitta pour over coffee maker
3. Cheapest mini coffee grinder you can find at walmart ie. Hamilton beach for aprox $12
4. Zavida whole bean Colombian medium roast coffee from costco (when on sale in store aprox $10 for 907 grams) or if not wanting to brave costco, costco online 2x5lb bags for $65 delivered.
5. Large portable mug of your choice (I splurged here since I'm saving so much from not buying coffee out anymore and don't regret it for a moment) Yeti Rambler 887ml (can honestly keep your coffee warm until noon at minimum if you remember to close the magnetic lid.) (Must have decent sized cupholder)
Thanks. How much coffee grounds do you use?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1618 posts
987 upvotes
Hamilton
I'd stay away from plastic or similar items for brewing/infusing as possible release of harmful odors/chemicals under boiled water.

We got David's Tea stainless steel infuser (or any trusted brand stainless steel infusers) for single coffee/tea brewing over the cup/mug/porcelain kettle for years and happy with it. You do not need cone filters, just wait brewing to your taste and recycle the coffee grounds :)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2005
5371 posts
3062 upvotes
GTA
NamesJeb wrote: 1. Melitta pour over coffee maker
This is almost my exact setup Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Went from being too lazy to make my own coffee and just went to Tims or McDonalds... to getting a french press and then switching to pour over.

if you buy your coffee on a daily basis - $2/day - $700+/year just on coffee

down to $10-15/month on beans since a 2lb bag lasts me a little over a month. You'd save almost $500/year if you're someone who buys their coffee elsewhere instead of making it yourself. Crazy to think about if you previously thought "well, it's just $2 a day".
Last edited by Dave98 on May 24th, 2021 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2005
5371 posts
3062 upvotes
GTA
Lush78 wrote: Thanks. How much coffee grounds do you use?
I fill up a 20oz travel mug to take to work. I use about 30g of coffee. Could probably use more tbh. There are some people who use a scale and all that but nah.. I do a rough estimate and it's good enough for me
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
11178 posts
4438 upvotes
Hario has been my go to but the filters are pricey and hard to find, might try this.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Apr 1, 2019
167 posts
174 upvotes
Lush78 wrote: Thanks. How much coffee grounds do you use?
I roughly aim to fill my mini grinder with beans to the rim, grind them fully and then estimate using 1/3 of the contents per cup of coffee. It isn't an exact science for me, but you just trial and error until you find the strength you most prefer. You will quickly learn to eyeball it consistently when you can see how full your filter is.

Fyi for the "wasteful" aspect, the coffee filter and used coffee grounds can just be placed directly into your green bin/ compost. Or if camping/ cottaging right into the firepit.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2005
5371 posts
3062 upvotes
GTA
blexann wrote: Hario has been my go to but the filters are pricey and hard to find, might try this.
Couldn't you just fold most #2 filters to fit a Hario?
Apr 1, 2019
167 posts
174 upvotes
Dave98 wrote: This is almost my exact setup Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Went from being too lazy to make my own coffee and just went to Tims or McDonalds... to getting a french press and then switching to pour over.

if you buy your coffee on a daily basis - $2/day - $700+/year just on coffee

down to $10-15/month on beans since a 2lb bag lasts me a little over a month. You'd save almost $500/year if you're someone who buys their coffee elsewhere instead of making it yourself. Crazy to think about if you previously thought "well, it's just $2 a day".
Exactly! I also always thought bahhh Tims and Mcdonalds is decent enough coffee, ordered with 2 milk and a sugar. Then I tried buying some ground coffee PC brand and a few others and thought it was half decent. The first time I ground the Zavida Colombian whole bean coffee and made coffee I was stunned. By the 10th time I only put a small splash of milk in because it actually tastes GOOD.

Not that this exactly correlates, but I 've been drinking coffee this way for the past 5 years. Just prior to the pandemic I went on a two week trip to Colombia with the girlfriend and went on a coffee tour in Salento. I had a chance to taste the freshest, best coffee Colombia had to offer. This trip was approximately $1800 staying in pretty nice accommodations, different towns and cities every 2nd day, and doing some kind of exploration adventure EVERY DAY. This trip was basically free from the 3 years of money I saved making coffee this way.

Let that sink in!
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
11178 posts
4438 upvotes
Dave98 wrote: Couldn't you just fold most #2 filters to fit a Hario?
and that's exactly what I do from time to time.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Mar 18, 2008
546 posts
221 upvotes
Dave98 wrote: Couldn't you just fold most #2 filters to fit a Hario?
They can be used, but they don't give the same results as the V60 filters.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15493 posts
10160 upvotes
Southern Ontario
flameboy54 wrote: I looked at the Aeropress too before buying this cone and the biggest thing that turned me off were the reviews that said the seal on the plunger wearing out eventually
Pour overs like Melitta give more clarity and less body while french presses give more body and less clarity. Aeropress and siphon methods fall somewhere in the middle. Balanced taste is what I'm after so I'm fine replacing the plunger or just getting a new AP after a few years. And as a bonus takes <1min to make a great cup.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
11178 posts
4438 upvotes
mopex wrote: They can be used, but they don't give the same results as the V60 filters.
Yea because of the fold the one side will be a little off
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12160 posts
3513 upvotes
For us Ontarians, are these with the coffee makers (off limits) or in with the beans on one of those display hangers? Would like to go get one but I think they're prohibited. Lol.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.