Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca, Walmart

Melitta Pour Over Coffee Maker - $3.98 + $3.00 off (instore only w/ coupon)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2021 8:50 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5348 posts
6184 upvotes
Alberta
Happy with this purchase. Been making some pretty great coffee at work the last 3 nights.
Apr 2, 2018
424 posts
3319 upvotes
Can anyone share the cupon I'm not getting the cupon in my mail after trying with different browsers. Is this a unique cupon or a general one?
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1261 posts
1149 upvotes
Montreal
HamsiBrain wrote: I'd stay away from plastic or similar items for brewing/infusing as possible release of harmful odors/chemicals under boiled water.

We got David's Tea stainless steel infuser (or any trusted brand stainless steel infusers) for single coffee/tea brewing over the cup/mug/porcelain kettle for years and happy with it. You do not need cone filters, just wait brewing to your taste and recycle the coffee grounds :)
Filters reduce the cholesterol. If you drink a lot of coffee, it can make a difference. I have a ~20 year old Melitta, it's not significantly degraded after thousands if not tens of thousands of coffees and many dishwasher cycles, so I don't think harmful chemicals is an issue.

I always get inconsistent results from infusion coffee makers. I think the Melitta pour over is the simplest way to get great tasting, full bodied coffee if you just don't rush it. I always pour some hot water through the filter before adding coffee. If you try the water on its own, it has a bitter taste from the filter that is reduced after this initial pour.
Nov 20, 2013
466 posts
603 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Folks, do you think the coupon from the first page will work on this Melitta coffee at London Drugs?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Public Mobile customer, as well as Vancity, Novus, Modo, Evo and Endy mattress
Jan 21, 2007
601 posts
539 upvotes
Thanks OP, picked up the dripper from Walmart for 0.98 with the $3 coupon. Also got 50 cents off 100 filters
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2005
5371 posts
3062 upvotes
GTA
davidm wrote:
I always get inconsistent results from infusion coffee makers. I think the Melitta pour over is the simplest way to get great tasting, full bodied coffee if you just don't rush it. I always pour some hot water through the filter before adding coffee. If you try the water on its own, it has a bitter taste from the filter that is reduced after this initial pour.
After trying an aeropress for the past week and a half, I'm inclined to agree that pour over is the simplest and taste wise, it can be just as good. The aeropress has made great coffee in the few times I've tried and I still have to experiment but there are certain things I like better with the pour over.

I make larger cups of coffee... I need enough for a 20oz mug to take to work. With pour over, I think the coffee might be a little stronger because you're running all the hot water through the grounds. With the aeropress, I'm limited to the 10oz or so that it makes and I have to dilute the coffee a bit via the bypass method to top off my mug.

I've seen people claim the aeropress is easy to clean... and sure, it is but compared to pour over, it's not even close. You just dump the filter in your green bin and rinse the cone. With aeropress, I'm still having to rinse the plunger because coffee grounds get attached to it when I plunge all the way down. Then rinse and clean the filter holder.

The con with pour over is I'm impatient. Watching it to drip and waiting before I can pour again does annoy me.

All in all, I highly recommend this for anyone who is still buying their coffee at Tims everyday. You'll get much better coffee and for far cheaper.