Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Warehouse Deal: Sony RX100 VI $835 (Very Good condition) [deal gone]

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2020 9:19 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1773 posts
977 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon.ca] Warehouse Deal: Sony RX100 VI $835 (Very Good condition) [deal gone]

Saw this when I was "window shopping" on amazon.
MSRP $1299. $835 for "Very Good" amazon warehouse deal is a steal. Cheaper than the US/eBay price.
Lowest price ever per CCC (average $1000+)
Would have bought it if I don't have a A6300 and A6000 already...

[it seems it is sold out]
Last edited by ericw on Jul 20th, 2020 8:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2064 posts
1747 upvotes
I bought the VI on Kijiji in June to replace my broken RX100 V.

The average price, used, is $900-$1000+ for listings in Southern/Eastern Ontario, and doesn't drop much. Also very, very few listings for the VI on the second hand market.

This is pretty good, congrats to the lucky person who cops it.
Sr. Member
Jun 10, 2020
978 posts
996 upvotes
Highest-end compact camera by Sony? Zeiss lens, Damn @ original price... I can appreciate these have a role for some people though,and VLogger's probably driving up prices..
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1773 posts
977 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sports1 wrote: I bought the VI on Kijiji in June to replace my broken RX100 V.

The average price, used, is $900-$1000+ for listings in Southern/Eastern Ontario, and doesn't drop much. Also very, very few listings for the VI on the second hand market.

This is pretty good, congrats to the lucky person who cops it.
How do you like VI vs V? I understand VI has more reach, but do you miss the F1.8 lens on V vs F2.8 at the widest only on VI ?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1773 posts
977 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kaycee8877 wrote: so is this expired? not sure what a ""Very Good" amazon warehouse deal" is .. does that mean used in 'very good' condition?

man, the M1 still sells for almost $500.. crazy
Yes, it seems it is gone. I agree how crazy RX100 price holds - especially for CAD price.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 6, 2003
17550 posts
9883 upvotes
Ottawa
I still have the VI and VII on the radar as my next camera, but the longer I go without one, the less likely I'll buy one unless there is some spectacular deal. These things hardly seem to go on sale.
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2064 posts
1747 upvotes
ericw wrote: How do you like VI vs V? I understand VI has more reach, but do you miss the F1.8 lens on V vs F2.8 at the widest only on VI ?
That was the biggest debate for me as well. For me, the RX100 is a compact travel camera that can do more than my phone (S10), with a compromise on quality of most DSLRs (for me, T4i). So both wide aperatures and reach (zoom) were important. And yeah, they're typically tradeoffs (especially for my wallet... lol).

Ultimately I decided the full stop was a worthwhile trade off for the reach (1.8 vs 2.8; 24-70mm vs 24-200mm). I've only had a chance to use it a handful of times since I bought it (naturally, due to Covid), but so far in the daylight and shade (ie. not low light) so far - I don't notice the fullstop step up being an issue.

My rationale was that for anything nighttime, I'm likely to be doing stills (so, tripod/fixed camera placement). For anything low light (evening, dusk) - I'll have to see if I made the right choice. But given that 2.8 is still pretty damn wide, I don't anticipate any issues (based on my experience with the VI so far).
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2064 posts
1747 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: I still have the VI and VII on the radar as my next camera, but the longer I go without one, the less likely I'll buy one unless there is some spectacular deal. These things hardly seem to go on sale.
These things will almost never go on sale. Trust me, I've been eyeing the RX100 since the MK3 came out, got the VA when the VI was out, and eyed replacing my broken VA for a solid year (same reason as you: couldn't justify the price tag).

There's a reason for that: Sony knows its competition and its niche. No one can touch them in this format, the quality of pictures the RX100 produces AND the features it comes with is really damn good compared to its competition.
Sony proved there's a market for a 'professional' compact point and shoot. I looked at alternatives for a while (read a bunch of reviews) and honestly found nothing else I'd consider.

One thing about Sony's nomeclature for the RX100: each "mark" (e.g. I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII) is intended to cater to a different audience with different feature sets. While the cameras tend to get 'better' over time (quality, pictures, speed, etc.), each new mark doesn't replace its predecessors. That's why you can still find the MK1, MK3, MK5 etc. being sold. Not everyone wants to trade F1.8 for 200mm zoom, so you can get the V instead of the VI.

As a blanket statement, you can just consider the VI over VII. The VII is catered more towards vloggers and video in general (they included a microphone jack in the VII). The extra $$$ IMO doesn't justify it unless you do vlog/video a lot.
Jr. Member
Nov 23, 2007
117 posts
261 upvotes
Toronto
Got the new Sony ZV-1, which is the vlogger focused camera sharing a lot of attributes from the RX100 series. I've been very happy with it.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 6, 2003
17550 posts
9883 upvotes
Ottawa
sports1 wrote: These things will almost never go on sale. Trust me, I've been eyeing the RX100 since the MK3 came out, got the VA when the VI was out, and eyed replacing my broken VA for a solid year (same reason as you: couldn't justify the price tag).

There's a reason for that: Sony knows its competition and its niche. No one can touch them in this format, the quality of pictures the RX100 produces AND the features it comes with is really damn good compared to its competition.
Sony proved there's a market for a 'professional' compact point and shoot. I looked at alternatives for a while (read a bunch of reviews) and honestly found nothing else I'd consider.
I agree. I almost pounced on a VA when the Dell site had it for 150$ cheaper than MSRP (It seemed to be an approved discount since others had it too), *AND* I could stack a electronic $ coupon on it ($50 off or something) AND there was 10% off ebates. That was the closest thing to an actual deal that I ever came close to.

Sony sure has mastered the art of Mk NNN down to a science, with all their cameras, technically none of their cameras ever replace the previous. It's a good scheme to keep raisin the price points.
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2064 posts
1747 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: I agree. I almost pounced on a VA when the Dell site had it for 150$ cheaper than MSRP (It seemed to be an approved discount since others had it too), *AND* I could stack a electronic $ coupon on it ($50 off or something) AND there was 10% off ebates. That was the closest thing to an actual deal that I ever came close to.

Sony sure has mastered the art of Mk NNN down to a science, with all their cameras, technically none of their cameras ever replace the previous. It's a good scheme to keep raisin the price points.
Yup.. they know their niche, and it's cornered damn well.

I was close to pulling the trigger with the recent dell AMEX discounts... 10% statement credit, + $250 off $250 statement credit, + 8% ebates. After tax, the VI was ~$970 accounting for all rebates. Sat on it for a few days and was pretty close to checking out, but ultimately didn't end up buying.

I got very lucky though, the VI I got ended up being "like new" (only used a handful of times) for $800 on Kijiji. But that was a one of a kind deal in the few months I was perusing the RX100s on and off... it was also one of the only times I saw a VI put up for sale locally. I think the only other VI I saw was ~1k. eBay has a few more listings (but again, also very few) around 900-1k CAD + shipping.

Top