Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] WARM? [$114.78, 32% OFF] Fossil Mens FS5241 Grant Chronograph Luggage Leather Watch

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2018 10:58 am
[OP]
Jul 2, 2017
48 posts
108 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] WARM? [$114.78, 32% OFF] Fossil Mens FS5241 Grant Chronograph Luggage Leather Watch

Pretty good looking watch. The price seems to be pretty great as well. Valentines Gift, anyone?
Images
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 8.29.36 PM.png
10 replies
Jul 14, 2008
937 posts
1338 upvotes
Montreal
Friends don't let friends buy a Fossil watch. For the same price get something from a reputable WATCH company (Timex, Casio, Swatch, Seiko, Citizen, etc). These guys don't know a thing about watch making
May 31, 2007
322 posts
191 upvotes
lostchild83 wrote: Friends don't let friends buy a Fossil watch. For the same price get something from a reputable WATCH company (Timex, Casio, Swatch, Seiko, etc). These guys don't know a thing about watch making
Blah blah blah, its a 100$ watch, if you like the look, buy it.
Jul 14, 2008
937 posts
1338 upvotes
Montreal
N8DOGG wrote: Blah blah blah, its a 100$ watch, if you like the look, buy it.
Very constructive comment. Keep up the good work.
Would you rather have a 100$ watch that will last you 10 years, or one that'll last you 2?
Feb 25, 2017
137 posts
105 upvotes
BC
Excuse me. I've had a Grant watch for nearly 4 years; I wear it almost daily, and it still has its original leather strap completely intact. It's never fallen out of sync and I've replaced the battery only once.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
2267 posts
832 upvotes
Toronto
lostchild83 wrote: Very constructive comment. Keep up the good work.
Would you rather have a 100$ watch that will last you 10 years, or one that'll last you 2?
I personally don't mind Fossils as long as they are significantly discounted. They're just fashion watches, if you want a certain look to coordinate with outfits, they're fine for that. I've owned a few over the years and have never had any issues.

My rotation is mostly Seiko and Orient automatics these days. I also have a Fossil Q Smartwatch which comes in handy. I've probably gone though a couple dozen Timex and Swatch watches in my lifetime. :)
15+ Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
2012 posts
634 upvotes
lostchild83 wrote: Friends don't let friends buy a Fossil watch. For the same price get something from a reputable WATCH company (Timex, Casio, Swatch, Seiko, Citizen, etc). These guys don't know a thing about watch making
This is my first and only "fancy" watch I have courtesy of RFD. Kinetic technology is great. No more changing batteries-at least for a while.

https://www.amazon.ca/Seiko-SNKK71-Auto ... eiko+watch
Temp. Banned
Apr 13, 2016
747 posts
491 upvotes
What a dumb comment.
[Inappropriate signature]
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
3200 posts
900 upvotes
Mississauga
I've had my Fossil since 2002. It's my "vacation" beater. Still runs fine and perfectly water proof. In fact I've tried to kill this thing with no success. Now I'm kind of attached to it.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8275 posts
1834 upvotes
Toronto
So much unwarranted hate against Fossil.

Sure, Fossil is a fashion brand. Big deal, just don't pay full retail for them. At the Fossil Outlets you can often find their quartz watches on sale for 50% off.

If you like how the watch looks, buy it. Not all timepieces much be mechanical or haute horology in order to be enjoyed.
May 31, 2007
322 posts
191 upvotes
Lol ,ok buddy. The issue is, you have no idea what you are talking about. Fossil uses Seiko VD53, VD54, VD57 (all chronographs) and Citizen/Miyota OS10, OS20 (chronographs) and 2315 (3 hand with date).

That means, the same watches you are touting as better, have the same movements.... also, Fossil makes fashion watches under contract for Adidas, Burberry, Diesel, DKNY, Michael Kors, Tory Burch, Marc Jacobs, Emporio Armani, Emporio Armani Swiss Made, Armani Exchange, Karl Lagerfeld.

Are they amazing watches? Not really but that their price point, no matter what you get, its all similar movement in different cases.

I have 2 fossils that have been going strong for 11 years and counting and have a grand sekio and 2 Omegas that have been in the shop 6 times between them because of keeping garbage time. Its happens to all watches.