Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Warm $131.56 - Capresso 560.01 Infinity Burr Coffee Grinder, Black

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 12th, 2019 6:59 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
3908 posts
1044 upvotes
Vancouver

[Amazon Canada] Warm $131.56 - Capresso 560.01 Infinity Burr Coffee Grinder, Black

I've been following several burr type coffee grinders under $200 since after Xmas.

Typically it has been at about $142 on Amazon Canada. The humpy mammal site says this is the lowest it has been. I saw it at Bed Bath and Beyond for $150 this past weekend. The price has creeped down a couple of $$ at a time over the last couple of days so possibly if it keeps creeping it may go lower.

The one thing that concerns me are the comments in the reviews re the warranty not being honoured in Canada.

5 replies
Mar 11, 2018
45 posts
51 upvotes
Lethbridge, AB
NewsyL wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 1:22 am

Typically it has been at about $142 on Amazon Canada. The humpy mammal site says this is the lowest it has been. I saw it at Bed Bath and Beyond for $150 this past weekend. The price has creeped down a couple of $$ at a time over the last couple of days so possibly if it keeps creeping it may go lower.

Why don't you buy it at BBB and use one of their 20% off coupons? That would bring it down to $120.

I was looking at grinders but after reading the wirecutter went for the OXO burr grinder (without the scale) for ~$130 off amazon.
Sep 7, 2018
155 posts
97 upvotes
Paid $110 for this on overstock Canada for a refurb so decent deal...
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
2320 posts
612 upvotes
Windsor
NewsyL wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 1:22 am
I've been following several burr type coffee grinders under $200 since after Xmas.

The one thing that concerns me are the comments in the reviews re the warranty not being honoured in Canada.
I bought one for myself maybe 3 years ago (the metal one, 565.05, supposedly slightly quieter than the 560.01, but I doubt it); solid performer, really quiet for a grinder anywhere near the price I paid (~$89 USD IIRC). Got one for my father Christmas 2017 (the metal one, again); he uses his like 4x / day and it's still chugging along like day 1.

I had a visual defect in the lid of mine, and Capresso sent me a new one in a few days. Not sure if it was something more substantial, if I'd have gotten the same level of service, but that was my experience.

If you buy this grinder, you might consider doing something to the lid, as it's so transparent, you really can't see it. More than once, I've made a disaster with the beans :).
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
3908 posts
1044 upvotes
Vancouver
jeremiah164 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 5:06 pm
Why don't you buy it at BBB and use one of their 20% off coupons? That would bring it down to $120.

I was looking at grinders but after reading the wirecutter went for the OXO burr grinder (without the scale) for ~$130 off amazon.
Odd that Amazon Canada offers that OXO model but at $274 CAD where Amazon USA has it for $100 USD. I like that no mess hopper feature.

It would look OK next to my OXO ON Barista Brain 9 cup coffee maker, also endorsed by The Wirecutter.

Mar 11, 2018
45 posts
51 upvotes
Lethbridge, AB
NewsyL wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 6:23 pm
Odd that Amazon Canada offers that OXO model but at $274 CAD where Amazon USA has it for $100 USD. I like that no mess hopper feature.
Just checked and those are 3rd party sellers, mine was sold by Amazon, maybe it will come back into stock from Amazon. Mine was shipped from a US warehouse though.