• Jan 23rd, 2018 12:13 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4299 posts
4988 upvotes
GTA

[Amazon.ca] Warm: All-Clad Tri-Ply 4 quart sauce pan $149.99

Amazon has an All-Clad Tri-Ply 4 quart sauce pan on sale for $149.99, reg. $215 (Amazon US also has it for $215). Good price if your into All-Clad and a single piece buyer. Yes, it's not D5/D7 with the improved handles, but it's still said to be a great performer.
29 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4299 posts
4988 upvotes
GTA
I'm looking at the Paderno Canadian Professional Clad (made in PEI) 12 piece set on sale at CT for $349, or $315 if you use 10% off CT gift cards at Loblaws this week.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/pader ... 4519p.html

Anybody own this set? Good quality? Wondering how it compares to the Cuisinart MultiClad Pro or Cooks Standard
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8700 posts
5086 upvotes
ON
For that price it better know how to cook de sauce on its own...
I doubt people who cook for a living would use such expensive utensils, I sure can't justify it.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2012
1019 posts
862 upvotes
MARKHAM
Can this make Kraft Dinner?
Deal Addict
May 11, 2003
2601 posts
417 upvotes
There are two versions of this pan. The one listed by OP doesn't have the helper handle on the other side, which means it is tougher to lift when full. There is another one in the same family that has a helper handle, but it is way more expensive.

I've seen David Chang from Momofuku use these pans in a bunch of videos. They look quite well worn.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Oct 23, 2005
616 posts
200 upvotes
e-man wrote: I've seen David Chang from Momofuku use these pans in a bunch of videos. They look quite well worn.
that's +ve?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3343 posts
5015 upvotes
Langley, BC
moufasa wrote: Can this make Kraft Dinner?
No, that requires the $499 version.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3531 posts
3123 upvotes
Toronto
e-man wrote: There are two versions of this pan. The one listed by OP doesn't have the helper handle on the other side, which means it is tougher to lift when full. There is another one in the same family that has a helper handle, but it is way more expensive.

I've seen David Chang from Momofuku use these pans in a bunch of videos. They look quite well worn.
those were most likely the restaurant/commercial grade MC2 line, where the exterior is brushed alum. these look like polished SS
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2006
1501 posts
746 upvotes
Edmonton
These are the top saucepan from ATK and Cooks Illustrated basically since forever. Hard to find a better pan
Deal Addict
May 11, 2003
2601 posts
417 upvotes
dasiuyan wrote: that's +ve?
My point was that they have definitely been used, not just show pieces.
(\__/)
Deal Addict
May 11, 2003
2601 posts
417 upvotes
dracolnyte wrote: those were most likely the restaurant/commercial grade MC2 line, where the exterior is brushed alum. these look like polished SS
MC2 is supposed to be a lower-end product.
(\__/)
Nov 2, 2007
203 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
Warm? I'd say this is hot. I'd like to get the 4qt casserole pot.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
1135 posts
567 upvotes
Toronto
People are still buying All Clad, with all the great options these days?

Before you buy, go to the Bay or Williams Sonoma, and see if you can deal with the terrible handle, and unrolled edges.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4299 posts
4988 upvotes
GTA
mawzi wrote: People are still buying All Clad, with all the great options these days?

Before you buy, go to the Bay or Williams Sonoma, and see if you can deal with the terrible handle, and unrolled edges.
I'd like to spend less, so what's better?
Jun 14, 2017
48 posts
68 upvotes
I've been looking into this new line, trying to find reviews that aren't just paid advertising:
https://madeincookware.com

But on the surface, it's comparable with the 2nd highest level of All-clad (5 layer, stainless steel and aluminum, dishwasher safe, pouring rim, made in America, lifetime warranty, etc). Anyone here have any experience?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2007
2133 posts
747 upvotes
Would be all over this deal if it had the helper handle. Lifting this thing filled with water/stock using the one handle would be a bit of a chore every time.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1884 posts
1105 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
Kfox wrote: I'd like to spend less, so what's better?
Cooks Standard saucepans on Amazon .

I don’t like their sauté pans though.
Aug 22, 2011
766 posts
508 upvotes
Montreal
Had the same hesitation between the Paderno Pro Clad and the Cuisinart Multiclad. Finally opted for the Multiclad mostly because of reviews and price. I would have loved to purchase the Paderno set because it's good quality and made in Canada. Unfortunately, Paderno was sold to CT, who in the same transaction sold Paderno to Meyer (which is a good company) but, since the transaction, there are no more online sales on Paderno's website and no possibility to order single pans or pots and CT sells sets only.
So, I bought the Multiclad 12 pieces set for $179.99 on Amazon early December 2017. Quality is fine and it looks really good. I would say that thickness and weight are the same as Paderno. I also like the fact that I can purchase additional saucepans, saucepots and sauté pans as single items on Amazon. I've been using the set since December and it performs well.

Kfox wrote: I'm looking at the Paderno Canadian Professional Clad (made in PEI) 12 piece set on sale at CT for $349, or $315 if you use 10% off CT gift cards at Loblaws this week.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/pader ... 4519p.html

Anybody own this set? Good quality? Wondering how it compares to the Cuisinart MultiClad Pro or Cooks Standard
Montréal, Québec
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4299 posts
4988 upvotes
GTA
MiniTatou wrote: Had the same hesitation between the Paderno Pro Clad and the Cuisinart Multiclad. Finally opted for the Multiclad mostly because of reviews and price. I would have loved to purchase the Paderno set because it's good quality and made in Canada. Unfortunately, Paderno was sold to CT, who in the same transaction sold Paderno to Meyer (which is a good company) but, since the transaction, there are no more online sales on Paderno's website and no possibility to order single pans or pots and CT sells sets only.
So, I bought the Multiclad 12 pieces set for $179.99 on Amazon early December 2017. Quality is fine and it looks really good. I would say that thickness and weight are the same as Paderno. I also like the fact that I can purchase additional saucepans, saucepots and sauté pans as single items on Amazon. I've been using the set since December and it performs well.

Thanks for your input. I looked at the Paderno set today. Thought the weight, balance and handles were nice but the lids were too loose fitting for my liking and the saute at 2L was too small.
My concern with the Cuisinart is it's not 18/10 steel --rust potential-- too lazy to wash, I often leave pots in the sink overnight

I might get a friend to bring me the 8 piece version of this Tramontina set from the US ($140 at Walmart.com) https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-cookware-set/