• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2019 11:24 pm
[OP]
Feb 7, 2003
271 posts
136 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] WARM: Casio Men's GWM5610-1 Square G-Shock Atomic Solar Watch $123

Item: Casio Men's GWM5610-1 G-Shock Solar Watch with Black Band
Prince: $122.99 ($60 off listed price) + taxes.

I think it's a warm, but decent deal for a square G-Shock with 6 band atomic sync. Personally, I think the black screen version with the combi bracelet looks better, but that one is not on sale and about twice the price of this listing. It's a few dollars higher than the lowest price according to CCC.
33 replies
Jan 6, 2004
702 posts
151 upvotes
Vancouver
I think there needs to be a casio / G shock thread of something. I swear a new thread pops up everyday :P
Dec 10, 2014
989 posts
864 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This is a great watch. I have the black out version with a combi bracelet and the red version that I also bought a separate combi bracelet for. Depending on what Trump feels like though, the USA may shut down their atomic sync tower so there will be no atomic syncing within North America if that happens just FYI.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2011
3633 posts
442 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
xsf wrote: Item: Casio Men's GWM5610-1 G-Shock Solar Watch with Black Band
Prince: $122.99 ($60 off listed price) + taxes.

I think it's a warm, but decent deal for a square G-Shock with 6 band atomic sync. Personally, I think the black screen version with the combi bracelet looks better, but that one is not on sale and about twice the price of this listing. It's a few dollars higher than the lowest price according to CCC.
That black screen version is never on sale. On the other hand I got this same watch for $80 from Best Buy four years ago.

Just a warning that the sensor used to detect when the user turns their wrist so that it will turn on the illuminator automatically is often faulty or not working at all.
Jul 17, 2018
416 posts
416 upvotes
The dw5035d at the bay was a better deal a couple weeks ago. Also with these it's cheaper to wait and buy one off Rakuten Global when Ebates does their 20% cashback days. Still for convenience sake this isn't a bad deal
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1368 posts
249 upvotes
Vancouver
How durable are these casio watch faces to scratches?
Jan 4, 2008
632 posts
547 upvotes
Toronto
artofwar wrote: How durable are these casio watch faces to scratches?
I am a very clumsy and with every one of my metal case watches I have scratched it. This watch has become my near daily wear, especially on work days off-site, gym and outdoorsy stuff and knock on wood I have not scratched it amazingly yet.

There is also a easy clip on mod for bull bars that make it looks very cool available from a seller on Etsy. Your text to link here...
Nov 4, 2012
793 posts
292 upvotes
ocisnicola wrote: That's from amazon.com. Wouldn't the exchange rate and shipping kill the price in comparison to the amazon.ca listing?

Edit: also says does not ship to Canada
Just realized that. I will delete it.
Nov 16, 2015
686 posts
1384 upvotes
Toronto, ON
loserga wrote: That black screen version is never on sale. On the other hand I got this same watch for $80 from Best Buy four years ago.

Just a warning that the sensor used to detect when the user turns their wrist so that it will turn on the illuminator automatically is often faulty or not working at all.
I got the same one from the same bestbuy sale. The EL works perfect on mine but ended up turning it off as it uses too much power (I wear this watch when I sleep)

The case has a few dings on it but the glass is perfect. Had to replace the band as that disintegrated last year.

I’d wear this watch every if I didn’t have to wear something nicer for work
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2003
1372 posts
374 upvotes
Ottawa
redflagdealsguy wrote: This should be $22 at best. 1988 called and it wants it's tech back.
For a guy that calls himself "redflagdealsguy" you need to learn that there are products that command a premium price and have a cult following because they are timeless. Case in point.
In every watch forum there is a subsection dedicate to the G-Shock.

It might not appeal to you in particular, but then just scroll away.
To be or not to be...where is the question?
Dec 20, 2018
23 posts
39 upvotes
BuyNowAndThinkLater wrote: The dw5035d at the bay was a better deal a couple weeks ago. Also with these it's cheaper to wait and buy one off Rakuten Global when Ebates does their 20% cashback days. Still for convenience sake this isn't a bad deal
Hi there, im looking into purchasing a casio watch from Rakuten Global. My question to you is do I have to make an account on Rakuten Global in order to receive that 20% cash back? I tried searching Rakuten Global on ebates but no results came up for that, Please help.
Jul 17, 2018
416 posts
416 upvotes
cromdaleking wrote:
Hi there, im looking into purchasing a casio watch from Rakuten Global. My question to you is do I have to make an account on Rakuten Global in order to receive that 20% cash back? I tried searching Rakuten Global on ebates but no results came up for that, Please help.
You don't necessarily need an account on Rakuten Global for Ebates, but I strongly recommend you do. Because if Ebates doesn't pick up on the order, you can go into your account for proof that you ordered and show it to Ebates customer service.

And the reason Rakuten Global doesn't show up on Ebates is probably because you're using Ebates Canada, you need to use ebates.com

There hasn't been any Ebates 20% for it in a while though (like 4+ weeks ago) so maybe in January there could be one.

Also if you have never used Rakuten Global before, it can be tricky since most sellers don't speak English, so I'd suggest triple checking a seller if they ship to Canada. Seiko specialty store 3s and 1More ship here no problem.
Dec 20, 2018
23 posts
39 upvotes
BuyNowAndThinkLater wrote: You don't necessarily need an account on Rakuten Global for Ebates, but I strongly recommend you do. Because if Ebates doesn't pick up on the order, you can go into your account for proof that you ordered and show it to Ebates customer service.

And the reason Rakuten Global doesn't show up on Ebates is probably because you're using Ebates Canada, you need to use ebates.com

There hasn't been any Ebates 20% for it in a while though (like 4+ weeks ago) so maybe in January there could be one.

Also if you have never used Rakuten Global before, it can be tricky since most sellers don't speak English, so I'd suggest triple checking a seller if they ship to Canada. Seiko specialty store 3s and 1More ship here no problem.
Hi,

Thanks for the help, just wondering can I link my ebates canada account to the ebates american account? Also can you suggest any stores that you had purchased a casio watch from on Rakuten Global ?
Jul 17, 2018
416 posts
416 upvotes
cromdaleking wrote: Hi,

Thanks for the help, just wondering can I link my ebates canada account to the ebates american account? Also can you suggest any stores that you had purchased a casio watch from on Rakuten Global ?
Not sure about linking the Ebates accounts, I just have separate ones but only really use the US one since it's better and works with Canadian banks since it's just PayPal.

I haven't bought a Casio yet from there, but one store I think is called G-supply I think ships to Canada. And they have probably the best prices from anywhere.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)