Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

WARM: Casio Men's GWM5610-1 Square G-Shock Atomic Solar Watch $123

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2019 11:24 pm
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Not a fan of the retro chiq watch thing, but nobody can argue against them being tough.

Still for this type of watch I found a new Suunto xlander for 110 a while ago that I find a much better watch overall.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
8554 posts
5570 upvotes
Trudostan
artofwar wrote: How durable are these casio watch faces to scratches?
Fairly durable, because the glass is of fairly small surface area compared to round analog watches, and the glass is recessed below the plastic/rubberized bezel by a fair amount.
loserga wrote: That black screen version is never on sale. On the other hand I got this same watch for $80 from Best Buy four years ago.

Just a warning that the sensor used to detect when the user turns their wrist so that it will turn on the illuminator automatically is often faulty or not working at all.
+1, still remember that BB deal, never seen it come close to that price since. I'm surprised the auto-EL is still an issue? I assumed they'd have corrected it by now even though It's a feature I don't use anyway.
redflagdealsguy wrote: This should be $22 at best. 1988 called and it wants it's tech back.
You're thinking of the "classic" battery powered DW-5600 that has been around since '87 and is flight qualified by NASA. This is solar-powered, has atomic time sync and world time in addition to the standard digital watch features (chrono, alarm, count up/down, backlight) . Comparable analog eco-drive AT watches from Citizen cost considerably more and with the exception of the titanium models tend to be much larger and heavier (the skyhawk, for example). This is one of the cheapest, lightest, and smallest watches for the feature set. Even other Casio G-shocks with radio sync and solar tend to be more expensive and bulky.
SAMSUNG SUCKS! NO SSD WARRANTY IN CANADA > https://forums.redflagdeals.com/has-any ... d-2098075/
Dec 20, 2018
79 posts
52 upvotes
BuyNowAndThinkLater wrote: Not sure about linking the Ebates accounts, I just have separate ones but only really use the US one since it's better and works with Canadian banks since it's just PayPal.

I haven't bought a Casio yet from there, but one store I think is called G-supply I think ships to Canada. And they have probably the best prices from anywhere.
Just wondering how is the american version of ebates better? Since they only use american stores doesn't it cost more for shipping items to Canada?
Jul 17, 2018
432 posts
420 upvotes
cromdaleking wrote: Just wondering how is the american version of ebates better? Since they only use american stores doesn't it cost more for shipping items to Canada?
Yeah because Ebates Canada usually only does like 5-10% Max on cash back and won't work on stores outside of Canada. But Ebates US works on everything even Canadian stores. And yeah it'll cost to ship stuff here but sometimes that's the only way to get what you want. I collect watches and almost always need to buy them from the US or overseas since Canadian sellers never have what I want or if they do I can usually find a better deal outside of Canada even after duty and shipping.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
8554 posts
5570 upvotes
Trudostan
Forgot to report there was a $90 and $80 offer minus 20% from the amazon warehouse deals after boxing day, hope someone claimed it.
jacobe wrote: How authentic are G SHOCK watches on Amazon? I see very low prices that seem too good to be true compared to other places.

For example, I have been looking at this one: https://www.amazon.ca/Casio-DW5600E-1V- ... d88769bc79
Never had an issue, but you have Amazon CS to take care of you so no worries.

How is that price too good to be true? That's the basic battery powered G-shock, it's roughly $50 USD or less on sale. The models with solar, radio-controlled, and ABC/temperature/tide features are the ones that usually go for $150-300, more for come colors, limited editions or JDM models. The models sold at the Bay and BestBuy are usually inflated price-wise if they are not on "sale".
SAMSUNG SUCKS! NO SSD WARRANTY IN CANADA > https://forums.redflagdeals.com/has-any ... d-2098075/
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2008
2095 posts
129 upvotes
North York
M1K3Z0R wrote: Forgot to report there was a $90 and $80 offer minus 20% from the amazon warehouse deals after boxing day, hope someone claimed it.

Never had an issue, but you have Amazon CS to take care of you so no worries.

How is that price too good to be true? That's the basic battery powered G-shock, it's roughly $50 USD or less on sale. The models with solar, radio-controlled, and ABC/temperature/tide features are the ones that usually go for $150-300, more for come colors, limited editions or JDM models. The models sold at the Bay and BestBuy are usually inflated price-wise if they are not on "sale".
Thanks.
I guess I just have been used to seeing high markup prices for GSHOCKS from physical retailers in the GTA.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28753 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
BeverlyHills90210 wrote: Good to see it looks exactly the same as 30 years ago.
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Kidding.

Save this for the 80's Theme party you'll be dragging yourself to one of these days...
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $5342 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Viberg, Allend Edmonds, Red Wings, misc,*
*Various Szs Vintage: Florsheim Imperial
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2007
1567 posts
1534 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: This should be $22 at best. 1988 called and it wants it's tech back.
That's not how watches work, the more outdated, the more expensive. That's why mechanical watches cost more than quartz and tourbillon watches (which feature a complex mechanical system that was designed to increase accuracy, BUT DOESN'T) are outrageously expensive.

P.S. If you want a watch like this one, the non-"atomic" version is a lot less expensive.
Jun 15, 2015
201 posts
75 upvotes
Winnipeg
i remember this regular price is $119, now is $180.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
Flunk wrote: That's not how watches work, the more outdated, the more expensive. That's why mechanical watches cost more than quartz and tourbillon watches (which feature a complex mechanical system that was designed to increase accuracy, BUT DOESN'T) are outrageously expensive.

P.S. If you want a watch like this one, the non-"atomic" version is a lot less expensive.
Your attitude is much more hospitable than the folks earlier in this thread. Upvoted.

The explanation resonates with me, I think it's garbage reasoning on the part of buyers, but such is the watch market.

God bless.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2011
1168 posts
1253 upvotes
Pearson
redflagdealsguy wrote: Your attitude is much more hospitable than the folks earlier in this thread. Upvoted.

The explanation resonates with me, I think it's garbage reasoning on the part of buyers, but such is the watch market.

God bless.
Casio has plenty of watches to suit your budget. Here's one.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
CanKon wrote: Casio has plenty of watches to suit your budget. Here's one.
Yes, this is a great beater when I'm out in the field.

Thank you.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Dec 20, 2016
41 posts
21 upvotes
Can't believe how expensive this watch got. I remember when it was 100 or so dollars, now it's 140.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)