• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2016 5:03 pm
[OP]
Nov 29, 2015
166 posts
94 upvotes
Hamilton, ON

[Amazon.ca] Warm *** [Lightning Deal] WeMo Switch

Hey guys, this is the first time I'm posting a thread here so please go easy on me.

Both WeMo Swith and WeMo Insight Switch are on Lightning sale today at Amazon.ca

The WeMo Switch is 39.99 down from 49.99. CCC shows the best price for this was 34.99 back in Oct 2015. It does apparently come down to this price frequently.

The WeMo Insight is 49.99 down from 59.99. CCC shows the best price for this was 44.99 also in Oct 2015.

I was looking to add some basic home automation and found this.

Hope this is useful
9 replies
Sep 27, 2008
98 posts
73 upvotes
Meh. Had this switch, couldn't get it to reliably work on my Wifi even with full signal strength. Don't know if it's just me, but I returned it (non-insight).
Sep 25, 2007
532 posts
190 upvotes
Orvibo wiwo - S20, half the price, works well too. I was able to get it integrated in a home automation app I wrote as it is easy to control via command line scripts.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2447 posts
1158 upvotes
Montréal, QC
I have this Switch and it's not reliable.
Always having trouble connecting to Wi-fi.
Go with a Z-Wave or Zigbee switch.
I have Aeon Labs products from Amazon.com and it works great.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2007
1231 posts
542 upvotes
Toronto
I had the insight switch. Pairing was okay, fixing lost wifi problem was a pain (25 feet no walls), setting up schedule was a pain.... I had to RMA it but was coincidentally lost in shipment. Not gonna bother with it again until few more years.

edit: it worked fine for about 6 months before it would randomly miss schedules, and eventually won't fire at all. Then it became a regular on/off switch losing all scheduling abilities.

edit: typos
Last edited by eeto on Sep 6th, 2016 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
2073 posts
2129 upvotes
Living the dream
I have the Wemo switch and haven't had any issues with it. I've been waiting for these to go on sale or drop in price but it's still overpriced at $39.99. I need at least 3-4 more of them but I can wait until a proper sale on them.
The name is pronounced El‧u‧àr‧do. I am the ultimate deal hunter, y'all just gatherers. I was the first openly black man to get a Costco membership.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2003
15049 posts
1362 upvotes
Markham
Mine is working fine so far (using it to turn on my front exterior lights at sunset and off at sunrise)

The initial setup was a PITA though

I bought a wifi extender just to give it more signal
ShadowVlican
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1174 posts
939 upvotes
This works far better on iOS than on Android. If you only have an Android phone in the house, I'd stay away from purchasing.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10643 posts
7227 upvotes
I have the Insight Switch....pretty much just a glorified on/off switch.
Sep 17, 2007
844 posts
662 upvotes
Toronto
joelones wrote: Orvibo wiwo - S20, half the price, works well too. I was able to get it integrated in a home automation app I wrote as it is easy to control via command line scripts.
Mr Robot is watching you!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)