Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] [WARM] Logitech G MX518 Gaming Mouse - The Nostalgic Legend!

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2020 7:14 pm
[OP]
Feb 24, 2007
447 posts
21 upvotes
Arviat

[Amazon.ca] [WARM] Logitech G MX518 Gaming Mouse - The Nostalgic Legend!

Price drop on the relaunched MX518. This mouse is exactly the same as the original but with 16,000dpi. It fits my palm much better than all of the new smaller mice.

Best Buy also has it on sale now for $49.99 and Staples has it for $59.99 for a PM opportunity.
23 replies
Nov 20, 2008
728 posts
285 upvotes
Unless they fix the buttons that double-click or wear out due to the spring deforming, skip.
Sep 15, 2015
977 posts
933 upvotes
Abbotsford
Picked this up from staples, with a price match to Amazon.
Been using it for 3 days. Its a nice mouse. I habe large hands
Oct 20, 2003
616 posts
82 upvotes
the mouse, the myth, the legend - this was my first work horse gaming mouse going way way back. Still using my original old beast on a server that requires infrequent action since upgrading to better tech. Anyone considering a solid quality gaming mouse on a budget should consider this deal.
RFD brings out the m00t in everyone!
Sep 7, 2006
883 posts
531 upvotes
logitech also had it for the same price. Basically I moved from my +10year old MX518 to this and while I'm happy about my purchase there are a few things that were a let down. Scroll wheel wasn't really improved upon, the side buttons require a higher level of activation force and feel too gummy, rubber around the mouse isn't as grippy, and the body creaks too much. All of which is forgiven due to the better sensor and the higher poll rate.

I'd recommend the purchase for sure, but you're not going to feel whole about it. Feels like an MX517(not quite there)

PS. I used to overclock the old 518 so I've gone through hell and back with the thing and it still works like a champ
Nov 21, 2018
37 posts
59 upvotes
cyberspyder wrote: Unless they fix the buttons that double-click or wear out due to the spring deforming, skip.
While I don't doubt that this could be a possible issue with some of these mice, it doesn't seem to be very common at all. There's always an expected failure rate for any manufactured device, this one is no exception and I highly doubt it is higher than any other mouse (I'd lean towards it being better). Plus Logitech will send you a replacement under warranty with absolutely no hassle.

Countless people still even have the original ones in use today. I have had an MX510, 2 "old school" MX518s, and now the MX518 Legendary and only 1 of the MX518's died out on me after probably 3-4 years of solid use. All the other ones still work fine...
Jul 9, 2017
160 posts
92 upvotes
Thanks but barf, that's an ugly mouse.
Apr 18, 2008
525 posts
955 upvotes
BC
IceCreamGee wrote: croll wheel wasn't really improved upon, the side buttons require a higher level of activation force and feel too gummy, rubber around the mouse isn't as grippy, and the body creaks too much.
For those that claw grip their mouse, expect non-stop Creaktown.
Anelephant wrote: Logitech will send you a replacement under warranty with absolutely no hassle.
Just a heads up-for those of you buying from a B&M store, make sure you keep that receipt. Logitech wants all receipts for warranty claims. (Couldn't find my G602 receipt from LD-it's still sitting in a box with a broken scroll wheel.)
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2007
1132 posts
806 upvotes
Best mouse ever. I still use mine from way back in 2008 to this very day.
Jan 8, 2007
544 posts
167 upvotes
Edmonton
tdotcbc84 wrote: I think this mouse goes side by side with the Razer Deathadder!
I personally feel this mouse if superior to the Deathadder. It fits perfectly in my hand, tracks amazingly well and the gaming performance is top notch. I just bought mine through Amazon a few weeks ago and I bought 3 to have replacements in the future.
I got kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
Jul 27, 2010
456 posts
116 upvotes
Used this mouse for many years back then, and then bought the Logitech G400s when they stopped selling the MX518
Jan 17, 2017
149 posts
52 upvotes
Regina
agreed. Best mouse ever. I had the red back in the day though.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2105 posts
620 upvotes
Montreal
Currently using my old Logitech G5.

This one looks quite similar, tempted to buy one as a backup.
Last edited by AMD on Jun 23rd, 2020 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 26, 2013
749 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
how is this compared to G502 HERO SE