Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] [Warm] Sengled Element Plus White Warm to Cool Ambiance Smart Bulb Starter Kit - $40

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2018 10:45 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2010
1249 posts
567 upvotes
Surrey

[Amazon Canada] [Warm] Sengled Element Plus White Warm to Cool Ambiance Smart Bulb Starter Kit - $40

Black Friday price guys. Lowest on CCC. I personally like this hub and still not sure what the difference between this one and the other one is.

0 tolerance for BS.
17 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
1531 posts
1022 upvotes
Not a fan of hub required smart bulbs but this seems like a decent deal. The only sengled I have is one of the motion sensor bulbs in the garage.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2699 posts
1951 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Anyone know if the Element hub will work with Hue bulbs? Or, do I need a Philips Hue hub? Can't find a straight answer
Nov 20, 2018
19 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
It was less then a month ago that the individual bulbs were on sale for $12.50 each.

I bought a few, I also picked up a couple of the 3 bulb color kits when they were on sale for $70. I'm still on the fence about how much I like them. Sometimes the app wont respond so I'll have to close and reopen. Also some of the bulbs were increasingly annoying to add, you can only add one at a time and each new bulb you add the hub seems to get increasingly temperamental.

The bulbs with this hub will already be added however so you wont have to worry about those two.
Nov 20, 2017
96 posts
80 upvotes
Shucks - did I miss something? I've been waiting for the 4-bulb starter kit to return to sub $40....

Also, is it possible to program it for irregular sleep schedules each week? Or does it only accept on/off times?
Jul 11, 2018
699 posts
498 upvotes
Is there any difference between this hub and the more square-like hub I usually see with the Element Classics?
Best deals:
Jul 11, 2018
699 posts
498 upvotes
Is there any difference between this hub and the more square-like hub I usually see with the Element Classics?
Best deals:
Dec 25, 2012
628 posts
264 upvotes
Kingston
Gtaphotog wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 2:03 am
Not a fan of hub required smart bulbs but this seems like a decent deal. The only sengled I have is one of the motion sensor bulbs in the garage.
Hub required bulbs are far superior than direct wifi connected bulbs if you plan on installing A LOT of bulbs and replacing your entire house. If you just want a couple, then sure, direct wifi connect is fine. Issues arise when you have many as you don’t want to have 50 bulbs directly connecting to your router and slowing down your network for you other devises. With these, only the hub connects to your router and then it manages all the bulbs on a separate frequency that doesn’t interfere with wifi.
Dec 25, 2012
628 posts
264 upvotes
Kingston
WalletAnnihilator wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 2:07 am
It was less then a month ago that the individual bulbs were on sale for $12.50 each.

I bought a few, I also picked up a couple of the 3 bulb color kits when they were on sale for $70. I'm still on the fence about how much I like them. Sometimes the app wont respond so I'll have to close and reopen. Also some of the bulbs were increasingly annoying to add, you can only add one at a time and each new bulb you add the hub seems to get increasingly temperamental.

The bulbs with this hub will already be added however so you wont have to worry about those two.
I’ve had no issues with my setup and I’m running over 30 bulbs in my house right now, for a fraction of the cost that a Philips Hue system would have cost me. Mind you, I only use the Sengled app to add bulbs. Control and automation is strictly configured using Google Home and Amazon Echo devices. Perhaps something is wrong with your hub. I’m using one of the smaller square ones that comes with the other kit. Are you using the bigger one that comes with this kit?
Dec 25, 2012
628 posts
264 upvotes
Kingston
Nikhilvoid wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 2:05 am
Anyone know if the Element hub will work with Hue bulbs? Or, do I need a Philips Hue hub? Can't find a straight answer
It will NOT work! Pretty sure this has been answered numerous times.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2010
1249 posts
567 upvotes
Surrey
nuxper wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 4:16 am
I’ve had no issues with my setup and I’m running over 30 bulbs in my house right now, for a fraction of the cost that a Philips Hue system would have cost me. Mind you, I only use the Sengled app to add bulbs. Control and automation is strictly configured using Google Home and Amazon Echo devices. Perhaps something is wrong with your hub. I’m using one of the smaller square ones that comes with the other kit. Are you using the bigger one that comes with this kit?
That would be good thing to find out if anyone with the big hub is having any issues. Reviews seem good.
0 tolerance for BS.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2008
1208 posts
191 upvotes
TaurusJudge wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 3:08 am
no, i emailed the company this question and they said it's the same
Deal Addict
May 8, 2008
1208 posts
191 upvotes
this is a good deal IF you also need the hub, otherwise the bulbs themselves might drop to $12.50 each as it has before
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
2355 posts
387 upvotes
Ottawa
Crap exactly what I wanted missed it.