• May 16th, 2020 12:30 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 9, 2018
115 posts
413 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] (WARM/temporarily oos ) Wahl performer hair cut kit - $19.97

It's temporarily out of stock for several weeks on the website, but I got my order shipped today. Worth a try for people who have Prime membership.
Last edited by Shaner on Apr 30th, 2020 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added price to title
18 replies
Banned
Nov 20, 2009
1323 posts
958 upvotes
39.0392° N, 125.7625…
OP, fix your title: .ca, not .com
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
1874 posts
465 upvotes
I bought this kit and the Conair from Costco. In the end, I returned the Conair because it was 1) more expensive and 2) much harder to get a decent fade with the Conair. Most of the tutorials on YouTube illustrates how to use clippers to get a fade so I was much more confident using clippers than the Conair. I think the Conair would be very good for an even buzzcut all around your head but otherwise, the clippers offer more versatility.
Jul 1, 2016
905 posts
458 upvotes
Toronto
Dash wrote: ok. so this vs. the conair from costco? which one is better?
Depends on the cut you're going for; the conair only has guards for up to 10-12mm I think...
This Wahls one goes much higher - up to 18mm (double check needed)

While they're both clippers, they're fundamentally very different in design and operation.
The Conair is cordless (lithium battery powered) vs Wahl - wired... so take that into consideration.

I've been doing weekly light trims using an Philips battery powered trimmer (single adjustable guard 0 - 23mm) in the shower. It's great and works well for me.
Last edited by ProjectPixelation on Apr 30th, 2020 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pixelation~
Sep 6, 2016
258 posts
125 upvotes
GTA
I would go for this one over the Costco Conair simply because it's cheaper and has way more attachments.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2013
1246 posts
918 upvotes
Brampton
Thx. Also returning the Costco Conair. I decided to use my philips 7000 and it cut hair surprisingly well. It has limitations though, and would prefer to try the adjustable blade (open/closed) to get better fade results.
May 2, 2019
332 posts
403 upvotes
I bought the Conair one should I return it and get this one?
Sep 6, 2016
258 posts
125 upvotes
GTA
haroldliang wrote: I bought the Conair one should I return it and get this one?
I would. I plan to do the same. I have a 25-year old corded Conair with the same 4 attachments as the Costco one, and the end result of the cut was not to my satisfactory.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
42390 posts
6744 upvotes
bigzinc10 wrote: Thx. Also returning the Costco Conair. I decided to use my philips 7000 and it cut hair surprisingly well. It has limitations though, and would prefer to try the adjustable blade (open/closed) to get better fade results.
Is the Conair unused and sealed? I'd like to buy it for the same price as Costco if that's cool with you?
Blanka
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
3797 posts
2384 upvotes
Toronto
This is Wahl's "Performer by WAHL" line...it is their lowest tier product for the "bargain" market.
It is quite lightweight compared to "real" Wahl clippers (I've owned/own 5 different Wahl's from consumer to pro grade). I bought one a few years back from a department store in the states when I forgot to bring my own on a vacation.
It does the job fine but it's not very robust and ergonomics aren't the best. It's probably made by a third party company with the Wahl licence...I suspect similar/identical to Aliexpress stuff.
For touch-up's every 1-2 weeks it will get you by. This wasn't designed for much more though as the little motor will die/burn out sooner compared to higher grade clippers but I'm guessing most won't be doing multiple cuts/heads weekly anyway.
Last edited by Fightguard on Apr 30th, 2020 12:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
1011 posts
112 upvotes
djemzine wrote: Is the Conair unused and sealed? I'd like to buy it for the same price as Costco if that's cool with you?
None of mine came sealed.
Jun 2, 2015
45 posts
74 upvotes
Bought this for the same price at Walmart a few weeks ago when you couldn't find clippers anywhere else. Good value. They work well.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2014
1248 posts
943 upvotes
Toronto, ON
djemzine wrote: Is the Conair unused and sealed? I'd like to buy it for the same price as Costco if that's cool with you?
I have a brand new one that I never used if you want it for cost. I ended up getting a good set of clippers on Amazon but couldn’t cancel my costco order.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1757 posts
663 upvotes
Toronto
Forgot i had ordered this when it was out of stock, and it arrived today. Nice surprise! Seems great for $20.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
3546 posts
942 upvotes
GTA
Everyone should keep an eye out on this. My card has now been charged but no ETA yet. Im guessing it'll just show up in a week or two.