Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] [WARM] Weiser Premis $157.80 Touchscreen Smart Lock Compatible with HomeKit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2019 9:17 am
[OP]
Aug 16, 2018
8 posts
8 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] [WARM] Weiser Premis $157.80 Touchscreen Smart Lock Compatible with HomeKit

Weiser Premis Touchscreen Smart Lock Compatible with Apple HomeKit, Electronic Deadbolt Featuring SmartKey, Satin Nickel is currently at all time low on Amazon for 157.80$. Make sure you click on the link that lists all the sellers, otherwise it shows up at $199.99.

The lock is Homekit ONLY and does NOT work with Android phones. It also does not come with any hub and needs to be within bluetooth range of an Apple TV or Homepod for it to have a remote connection.

It is a decent deal if you're looking for a smart lock and your doors are near your Apple TV or Homepod, but otherwise without support of Android phones, it is not the best smart lock out there.

• Featuring SmartKey re-key technology; re-key the lock yourself in seconds in 3 easy steps
  • Deadbolt operated by touchscreen electronic keypad or key; backlit for increased visibility at night
  • Capacitive touchscreen featuring SecureScreen technology. Codes cannot be identified by examining the touchscreen for fingerprints
  • Premis is an Apple HomeKit (only) enabled touchscreen smart lock
  • Use Siri voice control to check lock history; remote access to monitor, lock, and unlock available through Apple TV (4th generation or later)
5 replies
Dec 4, 2011
10 posts
6 upvotes
BRANTFORD
I have had this key lock for the past year and it is not good at all, drains any battery that you put in it. We’ve been locked out a few times because the battery died, thank goodness we had our keys with us. Better to get the push button key lock. Also the screen numbers are a pain to press and won’t always react to your touch. Just my 2 cents.
Oct 29, 2016
70 posts
93 upvotes
Markham, ON
I also don’t recommend. I had this for 30 days before returning it to Amazon. App is crap, lot of issues with connectivity and syncing to HomeKit etc.

Switched to August and the difference is night and day, way better ecosystem.
Nov 9, 2009
80 posts
47 upvotes
Brampton
Scodino wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 9:26 pm
I also don’t recommend. I had this for 30 days before returning it to Amazon. App is crap, lot of issues with connectivity and syncing to HomeKit etc.

Switched to August and the difference is night and day, way better ecosystem.
can i ask what august lock you got
May 2, 2017
46 posts
48 upvotes
I second comments above about the cons of this Weiser touchscreen lock. The most frustrating problem is the screen itself which responds poorly to touch unless you have warm dry clean fingers. I definitely wouldn't use this for a perimeter entrance where outdoor temperature and humidity can have greater impact. If all you want is reliable keyless entry and nothing fancy, Weiser actually makes some decent electronic keypad locks. I replaced my deadbolt with this one myself for my house years ago and never have any issues: https://ca.weiserlock.com/en/products/9GED17000-002/
Oct 29, 2016
70 posts
93 upvotes
Markham, ON
arejay wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 9:35 pm
can i ask what august lock you got
I ended up getting the combo August Pro + Connect and the pin pad. Haven’t replaced the August Pro battery so far (using it since January). The pin pad replaced the batteries twice already. This is the only flaw in my experience so far. The pin pad drains the battery quite fast. And I use those expensive Energizer Lithium batteries.