Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1808 posts
527 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Warmish? Orient Mako II Blue Automatic Watch

Edit March 2 2018: Deal is dead, price back to nearly all time high

Original post:
Around $200 at the moment.

Haven't joined the club yet but was kind of settled on this being the first one. According to CCC the price has been steadily dropping. In late 2016 it was ranging from $240-250. Over the past 6 months it's been ranging from $220-240 but Black Friday was the best price ever (~$158). I'm in no hurry personally so I might wait it out until the next BF, but figured I'd post for others who might be interested.

https://www.amazon.ca/Orient-Japanese-A ... dpSrc=srch

Similar price for the black version.

Pepsi bezel is way more expensive on Amazon; better off going with another seller eg Long Island Watch which sells blue and pepsi versions for the same price. ($175 USD as of Feb 24)
Last edited by notfromqc on Feb 24th, 2018 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
19 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2013
1369 posts
874 upvotes
CALGARY
Waiting for Sun and moon in blue to go on sale.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9965 posts
5118 upvotes
Markham
I don’t understand why people downvote
Nov 23, 2012
414 posts
242 upvotes
Sherbrooke, Qc
smartie wrote: I don’t understand why people downvote
They probably are the same people who upvote overpriced fashion quartz watches.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
15223 posts
3108 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Pick up a double dome sapphire crystal for it on ebay for around $40-60 bucks. It will last a lifetime.

I miss my mako.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
9431 posts
2177 upvotes
Toronto
It'd be nice if they sold the USA version with the sapphire crystal on amazon.
Jun 7, 2016
83 posts
88 upvotes
I have this watch, which I bought from Amazon for $160. Beautiful blue face. Get compliments on it all the time. My only complaint is that the bezel does not rotate as per most diver styles.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1375 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
ipse wrote: If you have a parcel forwarding solution (I use Mymallbox) you can get both Mako II and Ray II (all colors) for 135 USD with free shipping to US address.

https://www.passthewatch.com/catalogsea ... t/?q=faa02 code RAY40

https://www.passthewatch.com/catalogsea ... ?q=faa0200 code MAKOSALE
do you happen to have a code for bambino on that site?
kthxbye
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
2267 posts
832 upvotes
Toronto
MCAndroid wrote: I have this watch, which I bought from Amazon for $160. Beautiful blue face. Get compliments on it all the time. My only complaint is that the bezel does not rotate as per most diver styles.
The bezel should rotate, it's 120 click unidirectional. Though I've read that it can be very stiff.
15+ Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1808 posts
527 upvotes
ipse wrote: If you have a parcel forwarding solution (I use Mymallbox) you can get both Mako II and Ray II (all colors) for 135 USD with free shipping to US address.

https://www.passthewatch.com/catalogsea ... t/?q=faa02 code RAY40

https://www.passthewatch.com/catalogsea ... ?q=faa0200 code MAKOSALE
Thanks for this! Even better than Amazon

I have MMB mail forwarding before but for freedompop SIMs, did you use them for watches? Curious how much they charged for that. Also when it got turned over to Canada Post surely you had to pay GST+PST or HST, was there any other duties?

MCAndroid:
As the above poster said, the bezel on the Mako should spin CCW. Take a look at Long Island Watch's Youtube channel, in one of his videos he changes out a bezel on a watch. It's a different watch but it's a dive watch and very similar. Good explanation on how the bezel works. Edit: oops he doesn't change the bezel itself, but the spring that provides the unidirectional ratcheting action.
Here it is:
Last edited by notfromqc on Feb 25th, 2018 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5850 posts
2390 upvotes
Debtario
The dial is amazing, one of the best dive watch style watches you can get for the price ever since the Seiko SKX went up in price.

I was tempted during the BF sale but I have too many watches. I've also become really lazy and stick to quartz lately, always accurate grab and go.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1024 posts
647 upvotes
damn you guys with your positive reviews... i was gonna pass and now i bought it.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
3097 posts
1185 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Love this watch. Now I am waiting for the Sun & Moon v3 to go in sale
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8712 posts
5093 upvotes
ON
smartie wrote: I don’t understand why people downvote
The downvoting is used by people who do not think this is a hot deal, or a good quality item.
I don't understand why people care so much about downvotes.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1185 posts
3050 upvotes
New Brunswick
boldventure wrote: Love this watch. Now I am waiting for the Sun & Moon v3 to go in sale
I can't believe Amazon still hasn't gotten any in; just overpriced 3rd parties right now. Pretty sure they had the v2 up within months of its release.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1808 posts
527 upvotes
Damn RFD effect! I guess enough people bought it so the Amazon AI noticed

Around ~$253, near its all time high as of yesterday I think.

I have reported the deal as expired.