Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

[Water Bottle] Nalgene 32 Oz HDPE Wide Mouth Bottle - Green $7.95

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2022 12:14 am
Dec 15, 2017
753 posts
853 upvotes
Rome wrote: What is the difference in materials?
Made from Nalgene's durable Tritan material
vs
High Density Polyethylene

This one has the High Density
HDPE is soft and good for stuff like cutting boards and wear surfaces. Those thick commerical white cutting boards are HDPE.

Tritan is copolyester which is hard and good for impact resistance.
Nov 23, 2021
28 posts
54 upvotes
Yeah, this is just the normal price for the HDPE bottles. They're lighter and more flexible than the transparent Tritan ones, and I generally prefer them. They don't handle boiling water particularly well though, they get a littler softer than I'm comfortable with.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
4528 posts
6880 upvotes
BC
Couldn't tolerate the plasticky smell/taste, went back to the regular tritan nalgenes.
Jan 25, 2016
730 posts
1135 upvotes
Toronto
AS2012 wrote: This type is pretty much only good for water.
Isn’t that why it’s called a water bottle and posted on the website as such?
Jun 8, 2012
334 posts
450 upvotes
Ottawa
HelloNanaimo wrote: Isn’t that why it’s called a water bottle and posted on the website as such?
I've found they absorb odor. So if you put a soup, or other things in it, it may stain, or keep the smell from those foods.

If you only carry water it won't matter since water doesn't stain, and doesn't really have an odor.
Nov 4, 2006
542 posts
600 upvotes
Vancouver
Still using my 35 year old Nalgene purchased from Coast Mountain in Vancouver. No need to replace unless I have been ingesting phenols all these years.
Jan 11, 2010
850 posts
168 upvotes
Can you carry these bottles securely from the lid strap?
Aug 24, 2016
830 posts
719 upvotes
I have one like this and every time I take a sip of water I spill some over my clothes. The large opening is very annoying.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
1703 posts
2452 upvotes
Toronto
I'm surprised people would put other sorts of liquid in these bottles instead of water.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
4528 posts
6880 upvotes
BC
Broskah wrote: I have one like this and every time I take a sip of water I spill some over my clothes. The large opening is very annoying.
Been using this nathan big shot bottle when lifting, essentially a nalgene bottle with a narrow spout for easier drinking. SC used to carry a wide range of colors but looks like they're being phased out.

https://ca.shop.runningroom.com/gear/na ... ottle.html

https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/sho ... 84914.html
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7173 posts
3634 upvotes
West GTEH!
Broskah wrote: I have one like this and every time I take a sip of water I spill some over my clothes. The large opening is very annoying.
I use this Cap for my Nalgene water bottle. I bought it at MEC for $6.95, back in the day.
It works very well for filling water/ice cubes and drinking from.

https://www.amazon.ca/HumanGear-340471- ... 7607&psc=1
😎
Jan 15, 2016
732 posts
746 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Theres an insert you can get for that
Jun 24, 2019
119 posts
265 upvotes
Guelph
They're back in stock, albeit with 1-2mo shipping
~ Tummers!
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2018
1064 posts
343 upvotes
Markham ON
It's the normal price at mec. No reason to JUMP the gun...especially if you have a nalgene like me. Besides, the tritan versions are better (aka the clear ones)
Think Less, Imagine More
Costco is Bliss

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)