Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Waterproof Phone Pouch for All Devices up to 6.5", $9.99 for 2!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2019 8:52 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
7400 posts
3739 upvotes
North York

[Amazon Canada] Waterproof Phone Pouch for All Devices up to 6.5", $9.99 for 2!

One of the feature deals being run today on Amazon is the Mpow Waterproof Case Universal IPX8 Waterproof Phone Pouch Clear Dry Bag,
Compatible with iPhone Xs/XS Max/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus, Galaxy S10/S9/S8 Google Pixel and All Devices up to 6.5"
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06Y5XD4MC

Shows on 3camels that the average price is $13, it's now priced at $9.99 for 2!
https://ca.***************.com/Mpow-Wat ... B06Y5XD4MC

I find it very useful to bring these along on outings to water parks and summer water sports/activities.

• This one includes dual swivel lock and sealable closure clip design protecting the cellphone up to 100 feet under water.
  • The premium transparent PVC also allows for screen-touch while mobile phone is put in the bag, so you can continue to take those important pictures without worries that it may get water damaged.
  • It fits all large Smartphones below 6.5 inches, plus extra room for your cash and credit cards etc.
  • Comes with detachable lanyard which lets you hang the phone from the neck so your hands can be freed up for other activities.
waterpouch.jpg
38 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2009
1025 posts
204 upvotes
Is it similar to this one from Eddie Bauer? I returned it because it was too much of a pain to use--remove phone case, etc. I am looking for one for golfing.
EB phone...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
7400 posts
3739 upvotes
North York
Philbert wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 10:32 am
Is it similar to this one from Eddie Bauer? I returned it because it was too much of a pain to use--remove phone case, etc. I am looking for one for golfing.
EB phone...
Hmm, this one doesn't have the float included like the Eddie Bauer one, but you shouldn't need to remove the water pouch or phone case to use. I am still able to use my phone and its camera functionality with the phone still inside the water pouch.
Mar 10, 2017
254 posts
233 upvotes
Bat Cave
Got these last year for my trip to the Caribbean. Amazing! Best part is, your touch screen with still work while in the case. Good buy!
My horn can pierce the sky
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1299 posts
115 upvotes
Can one hold a conversion with this on (i.e. use it a a phone) or does it need to be taken out of the case?
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11813 posts
5893 upvotes
Southern Ontario
What’s the newer model offer $5 more?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
7400 posts
3739 upvotes
North York
bobor wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 10:46 am
Can one hold a conversion with this on (i.e. use it a a phone) or does it need to be taken out of the case?
Yes you can still hold a conversation when the phone is in the water pouch, just turn the speaker on.
The only function that stops working is fingerprint recognition. Make sure you have a backup way to turn the phone on.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1879 posts
1255 upvotes
Ottawa
AncasterRFD wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 10:55 am
dredd2099 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:01 am
No black borders for the newer edge to edge screen phones I guess, at least that's what it looks like to me
Is this the one you're talking about?

https://www.amazon.ca/Mpow-Waterproof-T ... B07CSN51CW

If so - I might wait for that to go on sale to use for our S9 and S9+.
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
7400 posts
3739 upvotes
North York
AncasterRFD wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 10:55 am
First of all, I am not sure whether the newer model is currently offered at $14.99 for 1 or for 2? There is no where in the description that says 2 will be sent, although the Q&A and feedback section indicate otherwise. However from experience, the feedback section sometimes may not perfectly match with the products being sold.

2 major differences I see are the elimination of pouches border and the lanyard being adjustable:
  • I can see the pouches border being a concern for those with the power and the volume control buttons located on the same side of the phone and being close to each other. If you need to use one of these buttons to control the camera shutter for example, a transparent border would allow the user to easily locate and operate such functionality while phone is inside the pouch;
  • Another difference is the adjustable lanyard. This gives the flexibility for the user to tie the phone pouch to either the neck or the hand wrist.

None of these are a big enough concern for me that I would pay extra for, but to each his own I guess.
Last edited by DragonRider on Sep 11th, 2019 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 28, 2005
6021 posts
226 upvotes
Scarborough
Just ordered one(the 9.99 one). The newer one for $5 more does come with 2 if you scroll down and read the comments.
Feb 9, 2006
21 posts
5 upvotes
Been using mine all summer. These things work great!

Only issue I've run into is the camera not auto-focusing while under water (Galaxy S8). I'm not sure if that's a phone or a pouch issue. I also now have way too many middle-of-the-pool selfies with family because of this pouch.

I would definitely buy these again.
Nov 16, 2015
319 posts
554 upvotes
Toronto, ON
WayneEnterprise wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 10:39 am
Got these last year for my trip to the Caribbean. Amazing! Best part is, your touch screen with still work while in the case. Good buy!
i have an Aukey version of this and the touch screen does work but not when wet / underwater. it makes taking pics underwater challenging.