Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Waterproof Phone Pouch for All Devices up to 6.5", $9.99 for 2!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2019 11:25 am
Jul 22, 2019
244 posts
205 upvotes
Andyc416 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 12:47 pm
i have an Aukey version of this and the touch screen does work but not when wet / underwater. it makes taking pics underwater challenging.
Taking pics with any phone thats floating in a case will be blurry for the most part. Unless it's a hard water proof case, no point taking pics underwater won't be very clear.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
7585 posts
4114 upvotes
North York
simplypop wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 1:03 pm
Taking pics with any phone thats floating in a case will be blurry for the most part. Unless it's a hard water proof case, no point taking pics underwater won't be very clear.
I have no problem taking pictures underwater with the pouch, assuming the water is clear like in the Carribean.
Yes you may have trouble with the focus when the pouch is wet (not underwater), as the camera may mistake the water bubbles as the object of focus and your picture will become blurry.
Either dry the pouch with wipes/paper towels first or learn to manually focus with the phone camera.
Jul 11, 2007
428 posts
84 upvotes
GTA
we been using the Eddie Bauer pouch for a few years now, maybe 3 years, waterpark, beach, Caribbean, etc. it's not using clip design to seal pouch, and has not failed us yet. but it's air pocket/floating pack in the pouch does make it difficult to use... the gap between pouch layer and camera on phone also interference with auto focus on the phone.. I saw with my own eye that someone with clip design type pouch failed and salt water ruin the phone; but I dont know the brand... I felt the problem with clip type design pouch relying on the clip to exert force and press pouch opening tight, and when the clip lose or not getting enough force, the seal will fail; ie, clip area being hit/kick during a water fight, wave cause beach goer lose balance and pouch get cough between body/object/rock etc... gonna give it a try and see if this design is more durable and reliable!
Mar 10, 2017
268 posts
239 upvotes
Bat Cave
Andyc416 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 12:47 pm
i have an Aukey version of this and the touch screen does work but not when wet / underwater. it makes taking pics underwater challenging.
Really? I can take pictures under water with the MPOW. I remember when this wasn't available and you only have the option to buy those bulky cases that would run you $50-$70. For example: https://www.hitcase.ca/products/waterpr ... 8159806576

Pretty ridiculous that the wrist strap is an extra $4.99 lol
My horn can pierce the sky
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2297 posts
389 upvotes
DragonRider wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 1:50 pm
But you won't be able to use the phone touchscreen.
Yes, it will, and it does work.
Last edited by Rooster on Sep 11th, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King of the farm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
6961 posts
2166 upvotes
Mississauga
When I was in Hawaii, I simply dunked my phone underwater to film the fish. Worked like a charm. Was using a Sony Z3 Compact. Video was super clear.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11841 posts
5921 upvotes
Southern Ontario
lithiumli wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 12:15 pm
Just ordered one(the 9.99 one). The newer one for $5 more does come with 2 if you scroll down and read the comments.
Thx, I don’t need them right now and Camel says $11.99 so I’ll wait for that drop.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
7585 posts
4114 upvotes
North York
lithiumli wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 12:15 pm
Just ordered one(the 9.99 one). The newer one for $5 more does come with 2 if you scroll down and read the comments.
As I indicated on the post right before yours, the feedback is sometimes mixed with other products or promotions. If you were sent only one, Amazon may not accept other people's feedback as a valid reason for return.
Jul 11, 2007
428 posts
84 upvotes
GTA
Rooster wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 1:27 pm
My Cheapest waterproof:
I used the Freezer bag because it's a bit more thicker and double ziplocked.
https://www.amazon.ca/Ziploc-Freezer-Ba ... B01DG8DA22
I use zip bag as 2nd layer inside the EB pouch after seeing other tourist have her phone fried ;) but then I can not take good pictures through 2 layer of plastic! it does provide good protection especially when I can not leave my phone on the lunge chair on beach, or pool side, put a few $$ and hotel room key in the pouch as well.
the test/review have pouch or protective device in stationary throughout the test. while watersports, at beach, pool, or lake, there are shacking, hitting, kicking, bending, vibrating, water current also create pushing, pulling force, there maybe other activities; biting, drilling.... these are typically the cause pouch failing.
Sep 3, 2002
916 posts
359 upvotes
GTA
I've used the previous version for 2 summers now. No water penetration issues, but my primary interest has been photos. My iPhone 8 has over heated many times in the bag and will need to come out to cool down periodically. Also seen the bag fog up, so push as much air out as you can. Up close pictures are great, but anything far away is more pixelated then if not in the bag. Finally, I've noticed the sun light glares on the bag a lot more than if the sun was just hitting the lens itself which really washes the picture out. I've found my shot percentage plummet in the bag, but considering I'd have zero shots otherwise, it's great. But still, a bit disappointing when you're expected shots don't turn out when viewed on a larger screen.
Sep 8, 2019
6 posts
2 upvotes
Thank you, was looking for something like this to take to the pool.