Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Waterproof Phone Pouch for All Devices up to 6.5", $9.99 for 2!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2019 11:25 am
Mar 10, 2017
304 posts
282 upvotes
Bat Cave
Andyc416 wrote: i have an Aukey version of this and the touch screen does work but not when wet / underwater. it makes taking pics underwater challenging.
Really? I can take pictures under water with the MPOW. I remember when this wasn't available and you only have the option to buy those bulky cases that would run you $50-$70. For example: https://www.hitcase.ca/products/waterpr ... 8159806576

Pretty ridiculous that the wrist strap is an extra $4.99 lol
My horn can pierce the sky
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2798 posts
1134 upvotes
DragonRider wrote: But you won't be able to use the phone touchscreen.
Yes, it will, and it does work.
Last edited by Rooster on Sep 11th, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King of the farm
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12388 posts
6570 upvotes
Vaughan
When I was in Hawaii, I simply dunked my phone underwater to film the fish. Worked like a charm. Was using a Sony Z3 Compact. Video was super clear.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
lithiumli wrote: Just ordered one(the 9.99 one). The newer one for $5 more does come with 2 if you scroll down and read the comments.
Thx, I don’t need them right now and Camel says $11.99 so I’ll wait for that drop.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
lithiumli wrote: Just ordered one(the 9.99 one). The newer one for $5 more does come with 2 if you scroll down and read the comments.
As I indicated on the post right before yours, the feedback is sometimes mixed with other products or promotions. If you were sent only one, Amazon may not accept other people's feedback as a valid reason for return.
Jul 11, 2007
715 posts
274 upvotes
GTA
Rooster wrote: My Cheapest waterproof:
I used the Freezer bag because it's a bit more thicker and double ziplocked.
https://www.amazon.ca/Ziploc-Freezer-Ba ... B01DG8DA22
I use zip bag as 2nd layer inside the EB pouch after seeing other tourist have her phone fried ;) but then I can not take good pictures through 2 layer of plastic! it does provide good protection especially when I can not leave my phone on the lunge chair on beach, or pool side, put a few $$ and hotel room key in the pouch as well.
the test/review have pouch or protective device in stationary throughout the test. while watersports, at beach, pool, or lake, there are shacking, hitting, kicking, bending, vibrating, water current also create pushing, pulling force, there maybe other activities; biting, drilling.... these are typically the cause pouch failing.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2002
1359 posts
870 upvotes
GTA
I've used the previous version for 2 summers now. No water penetration issues, but my primary interest has been photos. My iPhone 8 has over heated many times in the bag and will need to come out to cool down periodically. Also seen the bag fog up, so push as much air out as you can. Up close pictures are great, but anything far away is more pixelated then if not in the bag. Finally, I've noticed the sun light glares on the bag a lot more than if the sun was just hitting the lens itself which really washes the picture out. I've found my shot percentage plummet in the bag, but considering I'd have zero shots otherwise, it's great. But still, a bit disappointing when you're expected shots don't turn out when viewed on a larger screen.
Sep 8, 2019
42 posts
42 upvotes
Thank you, was looking for something like this to take to the pool.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5822 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Andyc416 wrote: i have an Aukey version of this and the touch screen does work but not when wet / underwater. it makes taking pics underwater challenging.
Cant you program the up or down button as shutter button?
Normally double click on power turn on camera.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11907 posts
1734 upvotes
GVR
This seems like a different model, is it newer?

https://www.amazon.ca/Mpow-Waterproof-D ... 01HOCXVJ8/

Unlike the earlier linked new one, first difference I see is clear bottom not a black thing there too? No idea what else is different. Why so many different versions!

I am seeing it for $11.99 with a $1 coupon...

Edit: the more I look, the more variations I see from all the different brands! As much as I don't want to walk into a retail store and buy some known brand for $x, these super cheap versions including 2 just has me worried...
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Kaitlyn wrote: This seems like a different model, is it newer?

https://www.amazon.ca/Mpow-Waterproof-D ... 01HOCXVJ8/

Unlike the earlier linked new one, first difference I see is clear bottom not a black thing there too? No idea what else is different. Why so many different versions!

I am seeing it for $11.99 with a $1 coupon...

Edit: the more I look, the more variations I see from all the different brands! As much as I don't want to walk into a retail store and buy some known brand for $x, these super cheap versions including 2 just has me worried...
OP's will somewhat float if filled with air, less so if it's purged before sealing. The updated version has no black border on the sides, just the bar at the bottom. The one you linked is also clear but all the way around and a wider edge, older.

Then there are ones that are titled "Floatable", the older one has a thicker border, the newer version has upgraded EVA sponge inside, a thinner border. They can be air purged and still float.

If I didn't have a floatable strap from my Panasonic tough camera to switch out the lanyard, I'd get a floatable case. I'm not looking to use my phone underwater, I want some additional protection put in one of these cases and inside my water bag when kayaking. I think some people have the misconception certain phones are waterproof when in fact seals degrade over time and for example, Apple does not cover water damage in their standard warranty if the indicator inside turns red.

I'd do the tissue test regardless, then see it's level of buoyancy with an old phone inside.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9135 posts
7085 upvotes
West GTEH!
back to regular price. OP states in thread title deal expires Sept. 17 ??
😎
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1981 posts
1426 upvotes
Toronto
If you are taking above water photo, those pouches are ok. However, if you take underwater, it is best to get a waterproof case lifeproof or catalyst if you to have best result. As there is gap between the pouch, the photo or video are often distorted.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Webhead wrote: back to regular price. OP states in thread title deal expires Sept. 17 ??
Amazon uses dynamic pricing, their prices are all over the place at any time. Use camelx3 to track and notify you at your desired price point.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26213 posts
39759 upvotes
Toronto
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Cant you program the up or down button as shutter button?
Normally double click on power turn on camera.
Or just use the voice assistant. Hey Google ,take a picture
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11907 posts
1734 upvotes
GVR
AncasterRFD wrote: OP's will somewhat float if filled with air, less so if it's purged before sealing. The updated version has no black border on the sides, just the bar at the bottom. The one you linked is also clear but all the way around and a wider edge, older.

Then there are ones that are titled "Floatable", the older one has a thicker border, the newer version has upgraded EVA sponge inside, a thinner border. They can be air purged and still float.

If I didn't have a floatable strap from my Panasonic tough camera to switch out the lanyard, I'd get a floatable case. I'm not looking to use my phone underwater, I want some additional protection put in one of these cases and inside my water bag when kayaking. I think some people have the misconception certain phones are waterproof when in fact seals degrade over time and for example, Apple does not cover water damage in their standard warranty if the indicator inside turns red.

I'd do the tissue test regardless, then see it's level of buoyancy with an old phone inside.
Yeah I really just want waterproof protection - being able to use it in the case is a bonus if I want to text or something... but any camera usage would be out of the case.

Floating is likewise a decently important thing for me. I imagine a floating strap would be good enough, or do you think a case specifically designed to float?
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Kaitlyn wrote: Yeah I really just want waterproof protection - being able to use it in the case is a bonus if I want to text or something... but any camera usage would be out of the case.

Floating is likewise a decently important thing for me. I imagine a floating strap would be good enough, or do you think a case specifically designed to float?
I prefer the floating neoprene ones over the bulky life jacket type straps. Mine looks like this:

Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5822 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
sprung wrote: Or just use the voice assistant. Hey Google ,take a picture
No offence, but using voice assistant under water? Lol
It will be like blah blah blah. Google may have a hard time understanding what are you trying to say.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)