Amazon.ca

Wattne W1 Classic Black Massage Gun $127.49

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2020 6:06 pm
29 replies
Feb 13, 2007
152 posts
71 upvotes
There are so many of them listed on Amazon in that price range. How do these compare to the Theragun? What should one look for when buying one?
May 3, 2010
246 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
I've tried another brand of the same massage gun and it only lasted 3-4 months of minimal use. Luckily the manufacturer was kind enough to refund my money and I was able to find a better massage gun.
Jul 25, 2010
456 posts
163 upvotes
K3DubEU wrote: There are so many of them listed on Amazon in that price range. How do these compare to the Theragun? What should one look for when buying one?
I bought a massage gun off amazon following this guy's reviews.
[OP]
Aug 8, 2009
424 posts
518 upvotes
Holy shit I had no idea there ware so many massage guns. I just saw it on lightning and thought it might be a good deal. I guess not so much.....
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
4096 posts
6379 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
Princess Auto has one in their flyer right now. Dubious quality I'm sure, but they have been very good for returning stuff for me
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2005
1017 posts
350 upvotes
one of those things thats good to borrow but bad to own...
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1215 posts
2453 upvotes
Canada
K3DubEU wrote: There are so many of them listed on Amazon in that price range. How do these compare to the Theragun? What should one look for when buying one?
You can't compare these to the Theragun lol, they're at a different level, it's like comparing regular office chairs with Herman Millers or those super expensive ones. Pro athletes all use theraguns though so I'm sure that says something already. Personally I would go with Theragun, just because I think it'd be a better investment, but that's just me.
Live a little
Dec 14, 2017
147 posts
399 upvotes
I bought the Wattne W2 back in June when I started running and it was (and still is) a big game-changer for me. I used to use a foam roller, but I felt it wasn't precise nor intense enough. I paid the massage gun 120$ and it is worth every penny. It allowed me to keep running without any pain because I used it religiously before and after my runs to relax my calves, my knees, my hamstrings and my periostitis. This last one was the worst, even as a teenager. I didn't even know you could/should massage periostitis. Well, after reading a lot, I tried it and it did miracles. No more pain there. A lot of people stop running after 3-4 weeks because of pain, but taking care of your muscles and body with this thing definitely helps getting past that pain. There's also other factors to take into account like distance progression, shoes, speed, but with a good massage before and after running, you feel like new everytime. So I would definitely recommend. Helped me lose 40 pounds in 3 months without injuries or chronic runner pain (that, and a healthy diet with LOTS of chicken and egg whites)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7317 posts
2241 upvotes
T dot 6
I bought the Wattne W1 a few weeks ago because it had the best review and didn't have many negative reviews at the time of purchase. There are definitely cheaper options but this got good reviews.

I must say I love this thing. Since I started working from home I've been getting more neck and shoulder pain (I'm way more stationary now). Now I microwave a heat bag/pack for a few minutes and put it on my neck/shoulder area which relaxes my muscles. Then I go use Wattne two prong attachment on speed setting 8 or 9 out of 20 and slowly moving around the problem area. I do this twice a day now. It helps fight the tightness.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
14494 posts
9313 upvotes
Markham
raskal wrote: Princess Auto has one in their flyer right now. Dubious quality I'm sure, but they have been very good for returning stuff for me
Was going to post the same comment. Saw it yesterday night in the flyer. $98.88

I've noticed more professional athletes using these lately. FYI they really do work to breakdown knots/kinks in muscles.

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... ign=hosted
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!