Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

WD SN750 NVMe SSD 1 TB $159.99 (with DRAM)

• Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2021 8:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2013
1024 posts
1121 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] WD SN750 NVMe SSD 1 TB $159.99 (with DRAM)

Noticed this SSD has dropped in price. Been hovering around the 174-188 mark for a while. It has dropped to 158 in the past if you've got a time machine.
Pretty good SSD with DRAM and good enough for most tasks (unless you know you need the SN850 pcie4.0 speeds)

Only downside is that it has higher than usual idle power consumption so not the greatest for laptop use. (See https://www.anandtech.com/show/13760/th ... d-review/9)
Thread Summary
Not the specs you're looking for? Check out RFD Reviews' list of the best SSDs for your devices!
20 replies
Penalty Box
Feb 24, 2018
24786 posts
32514 upvotes
A family favorite.

I run with a pair of these in my Dell Inspiron 5505.
Sep 20, 2011
405 posts
1975 upvotes
Centre of the Univer…
redflagdealsguy wrote: A family favorite.

I run with a pair of these in my Dell Inspiron 5505.
Does it not run hot? Ever since I replaced the stock NVME, the fan is almost constantly on my ThinkPad. Their own software doesn't show temperatures of the drive. I ordered a 980 Pro to compare.
Penalty Box
Feb 24, 2018
24786 posts
32514 upvotes
qwerty17327 wrote: Does it not run hot? Ever since I replaced the stock NVME, the fan is almost constantly on my ThinkPad. Their own software doesn't show temperatures of the drive. I ordered a 980 Pro to compare.
It runs fine, fan is on but doesn't wind at full speed.
Apr 17, 2020
74 posts
113 upvotes
It is a good deal for a very consistently-performing NVME SSD. The consistent "empty to full drive" write speed is very impressive, great for folks who fill up their drives all the time.

The high idle consumption may not matter much to gamers and content creators. They have to plug in anyway :)
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7653 posts
4347 upvotes
Debtario
Thought about getting this for my P14s , or the 500GB when it drops to $70, hmm
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
1298 posts
911 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
Have one in my desktop, no complaints. Trying to decide if I should get another one, or go for a 2tb instead. Thanks for the post OP.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2013
1024 posts
1121 upvotes
kwk1 wrote: Have one in my desktop, no complaints. Trying to decide if I should get another one, or go for a 2tb instead. Thanks for the post OP.
If you don't need it now, i'd wait to get the 2TB
If you need it now and your budget allows for it, go 2TB since nvme slots arent as plenty as SATA drives

Otherwise consider a SATA SSD depending on your needs since that's dropping pretty fast/if the price is right
Jun 12, 2012
22 posts
72 upvotes
Calgary
I have one of these in my laptop. Haven't had any issues with heat. If your not writing/moving super large files this will be fine for any laptop
Mar 13, 2012
372 posts
194 upvotes
OTTAWA
use one in my gaming pc and very happy with it. windows restart to game load in less than a minute.

they were 149 for boxing day

heres a question: whats the best way to get the sticker off the module, so i can use a heat sink ? ( not saying i am having heat issues, just ocd) thx
Apr 10, 2006
779 posts
727 upvotes
tallbert wrote: use one in my gaming pc and very happy with it. windows restart to game load in less than a minute.

heres a question: whats the best way to get the sticker off the module, so i can use a heat sink ? ( not saying i am having heat issues, just ocd) thx
The sticker on the Samsung pro I bought was removed pretty easily and cleanly and came out in one piece. Just do it very slowly.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
18027 posts
10828 upvotes
Ottawa
tallbert wrote: use one in my gaming pc and very happy with it. windows restart to game load in less than a minute.

I didn't take the sticker off mine. It voids the warranty for one. And I believe most of these kinds of stickers helps spread the heat. I put it into my Aorus board and clamped the heatsink directly onto the sticker and don't see any issues with heat.

https://www.hwcooling.net/en/should-you ... eatsink/2/
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Nov 26, 2012
344 posts
108 upvotes
Calgary
Great SSD. It's not the fastest out of the box, but intense workloads/full drive performance is very good on this, especially for the price.
Penalty Box
Feb 24, 2018
24786 posts
32514 upvotes
chconline wrote: Great SSD. It's not the fastest out of the box, but intense workloads/full drive performance is very good on this, especially for the price.
Actually, it is one of the fastest in it's generation and very consistent.

Overall though, yes, the PCIe 4.0 drives crush it.
Jan 29, 2017
140 posts
129 upvotes
Nice. Gonna use this to rejuvenate a MacBook Pro. Won't realize the full speed of the drive but good enough.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5692 posts
3831 upvotes
Toronto
InDogWeTrust wrote: Nice. Gonna use this to rejuvenate a MacBook Pro. Won't realize the full speed of the drive but good enough.
If you can't maximize the speed of the drive, why not go for a cheaper drive?
Jan 29, 2017
140 posts
129 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote: If you can't maximize the speed of the drive, why not go for a cheaper drive?
The MBP controller supports 3000MB/sec so not far off. A WD Blue is only $20 less.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5692 posts
3831 upvotes
Toronto
InDogWeTrust wrote: The MBP controller supports 3000MB/sec so not far off. A WD Blue is only $20 less.
Maximum sequential speeds are a TERRIBLE metric for performance of a drive and if your MBP is so old that it still has a m.2, I think it's safe to assume that you aren't doing any kind of professional work that can benefit from a high performance drive anyways. Unless you need a drive now, it's pretty common to find good drives under $130.
Nov 26, 2012
344 posts
108 upvotes
Calgary
redflagdealsguy wrote: Actually, it is one of the fastest in it's generation and very consistent.

Overall though, yes, the PCIe 4.0 drives crush it.
Haha i am quite familiar with the SN750. I have owned and tested almost every drive in the generation. Actually, I have tested or owned every drive in the entire WD lineup, including the original WD Black NVMe SSD (the pre-FW update to the SN750).