Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Weiser Touchpad with SmartCode 5 Home Connect Z-Wave Electronic Deadbolt, Satin Nickel $118 FS

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2018 3:22 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 23, 2009
5491 posts
2303 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Weiser Touchpad with SmartCode 5 Home Connect Z-Wave Electronic Deadbolt, Satin Nickel $118 FS

Anyone looking for Z-wave deadbolt instead of the Rogers deal that is Zigbee, there is oportunity :)

Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control (hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately)
For use on exterior doors where keyed entry and security is needed. Replaces any deadbolt for keyless entry convenience.
Program up to 30 custom user access codes.
Lock your door with the touch of a button.
Backup keyway featuring SmartKey re-key technology.
10 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 23, 2009
5491 posts
2303 upvotes
lleb13 wrote: I think I got the last one. Thanks
Ouch, that was fast, good for you ...and the others Smiling Face With Open Mouth
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 23, 2009
5491 posts
2303 upvotes
lleb13 wrote: I think I got the last one. Thanks.

Edit: Canceled my order, homedepot reviews aren't promising.
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.smar ... 38023.html
Many of the reviews 4-7 years old, never used it my self but never heard about any complains either
The review about "flimsy plastic gears inside to drive the bolt" is comical, clearly poorly installed since there is 0 friction on those gears when properly installed.

Here you can see same lock, with and without Z-Wave and reviews are very different
https://www.amazon.ca/Kwikset-SmartCode ... ewpoints=1
https://www.amazon.ca/Weiser-SmartCode- ... B00CL5S8OW
Last edited by lifeisfuneh on Feb 15th, 2018 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1295 posts
1478 upvotes
lifeisfuneh wrote: Many of the reviews 4-7 years old, never used it my self but never heard about any complains either
The review about "flimsy plastic gears inside to drive the bolt" is comical, clearly poorly installed since there is 0 friction on those gears when properly installed.
Fair point but it's still a decent amount of negative reviews, I can't believe they are all incompetent.
Also even if the review is 4 years old it would still mean they initially half assed the product development.

I'm still a believer in the tech though; I have a schlage sense (zwave) on my main door at it's pretty flawless

edit:
Similar negative reviews at CDN tire
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/weise ... 2887p.html

This is a dud imo
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 23, 2009
5491 posts
2303 upvotes
lleb13 wrote: Fair point but it's still a decent amount of negative reviews, I can't believe they are all incompetent.
Also even if the review is 4 years old it would still mean they initially half assed the product development.

I'm still a believe though, I have a schlage sense (zwave) on my main door at it's pretty flawless

edit:
Similar negative reviews at CDN tire
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/weise ... 2887p.html

This is a dud imo
So do I got those for the same price, you should have seen the reviews before the firmware was updated about 18 months ago, brutal Face With Tears Of Joy

I'll say typical HD and Canadian Tire "Do it your self" masters Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Sr. Member
Dec 14, 2005
825 posts
330 upvotes
Mississauga
I am more skeptical when I see too many positive reviews on Amazon rather than negative ones
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 23, 2009
5491 posts
2303 upvotes
ovexi wrote: I am more skeptical when I see too many positive reviews on Amazon rather than negative ones
On no name Chinese stuff for sure
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 28, 2009
670 posts
626 upvotes
Pickering
I was recently searching for locks and after visiting many locksmith shops they said to stay away from brands you can get at your local hardware store. Pay the same price and get a better quality lock from their shops.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 23, 2009
5491 posts
2303 upvotes
steved54321 wrote: I was recently searching for locks and after visiting many locksmith shops they said to stay away from brands you can get at your local hardware store. Pay the same price and get a better quality lock from their shops.
That's funny, did they make the deal? Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 29, 2005
1971 posts
487 upvotes
Mississauga
I have the z-wave smartcode 5 but a different design and have no complaints. I'm looking for another one myself lol. Its paired to a a wink hub and have no issues. Only wished that it would recognize the pins and assign pins to certain users, but I think thats a wink issue cause a friend of mine has smartthings and is able to do that with the same lock. One advise is use good batteries don't use dollar store ones. I was using dollarama panasonic ones and had many issues with the lock jamming. Called tech support and they informed me to use energizer or duracell haven't had any issues since.

Top