Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Western Digital Purple 4TB Surveillance Hard Disk Drive [71.16$]

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2019 1:54 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
1934 posts
455 upvotes
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux

[Amazon Canada] Western Digital Purple 4TB Surveillance Hard Disk Drive [71.16$]

Never seen it that low...

Specs:
  • Engineered specifically for surveillance security systems
  • Supports up to 180 TB/yr. workload rate
  • Tuned for write-intensive, low bit-rate, high stream-count applications typical to most surveillance applications
  • Prioritized write-operations for maximized surveillance performance. Operating/Non-operating :0 to 65 / -40 to 70
  • TLER & ATA streaming support
21 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
1934 posts
455 upvotes
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Thats the sellers rating:
Deal Targets
4.5 out of 5 stars 95% positive over the past 12 months. (1,052 total ratings)
May 21, 2018
86 posts
96 upvotes
I was watching this item and "Deal Targets" used to be fulfilled by Amazon (so it worked with Prime). Idk why it stopped, but who's complaining at this price. Make sure to test the drive if you guys get it.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
2741 posts
483 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
I really need to get one of these for my NVR. I believe my current HDD is dying on me and I'm eager to switch to a proper NVR HDD.

I have never purchased anything of any value from marketplace sellers. If I buy this do I have any protections from Amazon if it's not as listed?
Aug 25, 2011
83 posts
29 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
lol stay away, here are some reviews from people buying hard drives:
Shipping Packaging: My 2 HDs were in bubble wrap, they were separate and free to bounce around in a box with 6 items. Probably the 2 HDs were the biggest danger to each other. The HDs work but I'll keeping a close eye on these 2 in my RAID. Not sure if this is the seller's fault, as the package contained items from 5 different sellers. Otherwise the seller is great, just awful packaging
Ordered a WD Red 4TB , got a WD purple 1TB poorly packaged, flopping around in a large box. Returned immediatly for refund. I see another reviewer ordered purple and got red... and suddenly the same item is almost double the price. Sigh...
A hard Drive is a shock sensitive device. Mine was shipped in thin bubble wrap only. No wonder it did not work Was not going to even try but attempted in two different machines. Shuts down after a few seconds. A total waste of time. This company should be black listed from Amazon for incompetence. They should not be allowed to destroy good devices.
May 8, 2001
408 posts
159 upvotes
Anon1115 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 9:41 pm
Yeah, but did you actually read the follow-up? Amazon did the fulfillment and they took responsibility for the packaging. Anyway this one is being shipped by themselves so maybe it'll be better.
May 21, 2018
86 posts
96 upvotes
Anon1115 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 9:41 pm

MikeNet wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 9:44 pm

Yeah, but did you actually read the follow-up? Amazon did the fulfillment and they took responsibility for the packaging. Anyway this one is being shipped by themselves so maybe it'll be better.
Anon1115 is spreading misinformation. All reviewers crossed out their bad reviews after the seller replied that it was Amazon's fault and they would take responsibility. Not sure how you can miss that. Proof: https://imgur.com/a/TYnL4lJ

Edit: Well actually Amazon replies that it's their fault, not the seller and the review gets crossed out automatically. However, it still stands that Amazon's claiming the responsibility for the damages.

Now the question of whether this seller will ship it properly is something else.
Oct 6, 2006
149 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered - I will run burnin tests before using. I was just going to transfer a smaller purple from the previous NVR, but this was too good to pass on.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
1934 posts
455 upvotes
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
I ordered one for myself and one for my dad, we both use blue Iris... Anyhow its under Amazon's A to Z guarantee, if it's damaged it goes back.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2256 posts
301 upvotes
Zerosystem wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 12:08 am
Shows up as $131.98 for me. Deal over?
Yup, it's dead
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
2741 posts
483 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
mated5 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 10:08 pm
Ordered - I will run burnin tests before using. I was just going to transfer a smaller purple from the previous NVR, but this was too good to pass on.
I bought this to replace what I believe is a failing HDD in my NVR and want to make sure it is in good shape for my usage. How do I go about testing it like you plan to?