• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2020 4:31 pm
[OP]
Jun 16, 2020
73 posts
179 upvotes

Wet Ones Antibacterial Hand Wipes, 10 packs (20 Count) $19.99

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01BSPP76C/ref ... 7EbJYEQPVE

Link was buried in a now expired deal (credit goes to GateGuardian for the find) but worthy of a separate thread as these are hard to come by.

Not exactly a hot deal but $2/pack is decent given the limited availability; Walmart price $3/pack. These are safe to use on skin (hands) and dont leave sticky residue.
26 replies
Dec 22, 2010
48 posts
Toronto
these are great to just have a pack in your bag or in your car in case you need to do any emergency wipe downs or just to clean your hands as they're gentle on the skin unlike regular clorox/lysol wipes.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1398 posts
686 upvotes
Scarborough
I tend to grab these when I'm out grocery shopping as single packs, really good on the hands. I just leave them in my car for any emergency use if I don't have hand sanitizer on me.
Jan 12, 2020
493 posts
747 upvotes
I prefer standard Wet-Naps which are alcohol based - - these Wet Ones leave a nasty residue on your skin.

Jun 28, 2009
933 posts
512 upvotes
Just looking at my past purchases of this pre-COVID, it was $2.99..
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
3596 posts
3715 upvotes
Anti-bacterial, great.

Anti-viral? This is not, so don't expect this to kill COVID-19.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2081 posts
2101 upvotes
Toronto
Ethan15 wrote: The ingredients in WetOnes were found to be less effective against coronavirus than Ethanol alcohol in analysis of 22 studies.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/11/smar ... tizer.html
Thanks for the NY Times link, but I have a question.

The article says the active ingredient in Wet Ones, Benzalkonium Chloride, was found to be less effective than alcohol, but Wet Ones also have Alcohol Denat in the ingredients list. It is the second ingredient listed.

Hard to tell, but did the study only look at the active ingredient against alcohol or the Wet Ones as a whole package? The analysis of 22 studies is a broken link. I'm no scientist, is Alcohol Denat effective against viruses? I guess we don't know the % they use either.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3245 posts
1275 upvotes
Ottawa
Wet ones website is super dubious about its ability to deal with covid, so I didn't buy, rather carry around Lysol ones. Better to not have a false sense of security
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2008
1222 posts
857 upvotes
Hamilton
Just be aware, these are antibacterial wipes, that claim to kill 99.99% of bacteria.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18886 posts
8524 upvotes
Oakville
Whether or not these are truly effective seems to be moot, because it looks like Amazon isn't allowing regular folks to buy them any more: "Prioritized for organizations on the front lines responding to COVID-19."
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Aug 14, 2019
51 posts
51 upvotes
Kitchener
It's showing "Prioritized for organizations on the front lines responding to COVID-19. " for me??
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1601 posts
576 upvotes
Yeah I can't order them either. Some of you guys can??
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2081 posts
2101 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: Whether or not these are truly effective seems to be moot, because it looks like Amazon isn't allowing regular folks to buy them any more: "Prioritized for organizations on the front lines responding to COVID-19."
cheesycurryisdisgusting wrote: It's showing "Prioritized for organizations on the front lines responding to COVID-19. " for me??
GreyingJay wrote: Yeah I can't order them either. Some of you guys can??
It shows that message because the item is out of stock. The alternate version is for front line responders and that's showing up because the deal item is sold out.