Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

WiFi 6 HUAWEI AX3 Router - Quad-Core,up to 3000 Mbps, 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz Dual-Band wireless router, 128 devices for $99

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2021 9:40 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1554 posts
8876 upvotes
MILTON

[Amazon.ca] WiFi 6 HUAWEI AX3 Router - Quad-Core,up to 3000 Mbps, 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz Dual-Band wireless router, 128 devices for $99

Deal of the day: WiFi 6 HUAWEI AX3 Smart Home WiFi Router - Quad-Core Gigahome CPU up to 3000 Mbps, OFDMA Technology, 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz Dual-Band wireless router supporting up to 128 devices

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08BJC1Q64/ref ... 10GAX3SNNV
Thread Summary
If you're upgrading your WiFi, take a look at RFD Reviews' roundup of the best WiFi 6 Routers!
40 replies
Member
User avatar
Dec 9, 2020
283 posts
373 upvotes
Great product... if you you are Ok with poor range *
Last edited by MrDisco on Aug 6th, 2021 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: thread dereailing
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 13, 2008
6264 posts
2902 upvotes
Durham
I have two Huawei AX3 PRO QUAD CORE WiFi 6 Routers. Meshed perfectly.

The two Huawei AX3 PRO WiFi 6+ Routers:
- located in the living room at the back of the house ... signal can be reached at the plaza behind my backyard and 4 houses up on either side
- located in a bedroom at the front of the house ... signal can be reached in my neighbour's backyard across the street

I love what the naysayers are always saying about the negativity of Huawei ... I totally disagree.

I love the speed ... the stability ... the range (especially)!

Yes ... those naysayers will always talk about Huawei due to their so-called "spyware" and security issues.

My work laptop is plugged into the router directly ... and my work phone is connected to its WiFi ... I have yet to receive any notification from our IT department regarding breaches ...

Besides ... for home use ... what is there to steal? Your naked pics that mom and pops took of you when you were an infant?

Price is right ... does the job for me ... that is it. (I purchased mine on Aliexpress and Banggood ... they are currently available at Staples). Done deal.

All I can say is to each his own. My buddy who is a gamer stayed over during the holidays ... he brought his laptop over to test my connections while gaming ... he was surprised on how stable and fast it was (compared to his Asus Wireless AX5700 Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 Gaming Router (RT-AX86U) ... he has Rogers Gigabit versus me having the Bell Fiber 1.5Gbps.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
2811 posts
4784 upvotes
Atlantic
jdmfishingonly wrote: he has Rogers Gigabit versus me having the Bell Fiber 1.5Gbps
There's your main difference in internet experience......probably not related to the routers.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 13, 2008
6264 posts
2902 upvotes
Durham
EasyCompany251 wrote: There's your main difference in internet experience......probably not related to the routers.
WiFi signal from the routers play a part ...

You can have blazing speed but if your router sucks ... you still cannot attain stability and speed.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
2811 posts
4784 upvotes
Atlantic
jdmfishingonly wrote: WiFi signal from the routers play a part ...
Sure but unless you have an extremely weak wifi signal I would not foresee speed and stability issues within the LAN.....especially as you talk about testing via gaming - which does not require large bandwidth and throughput.

More than likely Rogers has a subpar network in your friends' neighborhood network (aka oversubscribed CMTS) which is common Rogers practice.

You hear this all the time about people who have 500 Mbps+ packages with Rogers but still have trouble WFH with their VPNs disconnecting and their voice/video calls cutting in and out. These same people believe that subscribing to the gigabit package will alleviate their issues.....it won't.
Last edited by EasyCompany251 on Aug 6th, 2021 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
3592 posts
1510 upvotes
Yeah but you're missing his point that Rogers internet is flaky even if you're wired directly to their router.
jdmfishingonly wrote: WiFi signal from the routers play a part ...

You can have blazing speed but if your router sucks ... you still cannot attain stability and speed.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 9, 2005
1060 posts
405 upvotes
@jdmfishingonly

Are you running wired mesh (ethernet backhaul)?

Just curious as I have the aimesh system running (3x) - and wanted something strictly for IOT Devices (100+ devices like lights etc)
Member
Sep 6, 2011
494 posts
136 upvotes
Oakville
is there another PRO version or yours are same as OP's?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 13, 2008
6264 posts
2902 upvotes
Durham
Cybersid wrote: @jdmfishingonly

Are you running wired mesh (ethernet backhaul)?

Just curious as I have the aimesh system running (3x) - and wanted something strictly for IOT Devices (100+ devices like lights etc)
Wired mesh
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 13, 2008
6264 posts
2902 upvotes
Durham
Ethanz wrote: is there another PRO version or yours are same as OP's?
The regular one is the Dual Core.

The pro one is the Quad Core.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Member
Feb 2, 2016
343 posts
212 upvotes
jdmfishingonly wrote: I have two Huawei AX3 PRO QUAD CORE WiFi 6 Routers. Meshed perfectly.

The two Huawei AX3 PRO WiFi 6+ Routers:
- located in the living room at the back of the house ... signal can be reached at the plaza behind my backyard and 4 houses up on either side
- located in a bedroom at the front of the house ... signal can be reached in my neighbour's backyard across the street

I love what the naysayers are always saying about the negativity of Huawei ... I totally disagree.

I love the speed ... the stability ... the range (especially)!

Yes ... those naysayers will always talk about Huawei due to their so-called "spyware" and security issues.

My work laptop is plugged into the router directly ... and my work phone is connected to its WiFi ... I have yet to receive any notification from our IT department regarding breaches ...

Besides ... for home use ... what is there to steal? Your naked pics that mom and pops took of you when you were an infant?

Price is right ... does the job for me ... that is it. (I purchased mine on Aliexpress and Banggood ... they are currently available at Staples). Done deal.

All I can say is to each his own. My buddy who is a gamer stayed over during the holidays ... he brought his laptop over to test my connections while gaming ... he was surprised on how stable and fast it was (compared to his Asus Wireless AX5700 Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 Gaming Router (RT-AX86U) ... he has Rogers Gigabit versus me having the Bell Fiber 1.5Gbps.
i got 3 from newegg last week, the software seems different from the one from china
Newbie
Oct 3, 2015
19 posts
32 upvotes
Calgary
jdmfishingonly wrote: The regular one is the Dual Core.

The pro one is the Quad Core.
There are two variants of the HUAWEI AX3. The Dual-core and Quad-core version. The device sold in Canada is the AX3 Quad-core.
Newbie
Apr 25, 2020
36 posts
45 upvotes
jdmfishingonly wrote: Besides ... for home use ... what is there to steal? Your naked pics that mom and pops took of you when you were an infant?
LOL pictures? Almost everything we do today is interacting on the internet and it's bad enough to compromise your privacy on a single device but why risk your entire network traffic from being spyed on and collected?

Not sure if the concern is real with this brand but seeing how the trend these days is for devices and apps to phone home I would not touch this.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
2299 posts
2085 upvotes
Quad core, but they make their own subpar socs. I would avoid.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24369 posts
31297 upvotes
Here's my strictly on-topic relevant comment.

This is a decent router if you don't need reasonable VPN options.

Given the above compromise though, I wouldn't pay $100 for such a router, especially when the AC86U vacillates between $125 and $175 on sale.

God bless, gents.
.
Member
Feb 2, 2016
343 posts
212 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Here's my strictly on-topic relevant comment.

This is a decent router if you don't need reasonable VPN options.

Given the above compromise though, I wouldn't pay $100 for such a router, especially when the AC86U vacillates between $125 and $175 on sale.

God bless, gents.
ac86u only support 40 devices, thats why i switch to this one

Top