Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Wii2HDMI Connector & HDMI to VGA Adapter both for $13.98 (reg $38)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2021 12:29 pm
[OP]
Sep 26, 2020
19 posts
45 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Wii2HDMI Connector & HDMI to VGA Adapter both for $13.98 (reg $38)

For all those who still enjoy playing some wii but on a more modern television.

On sale for $15.98 with a $1 coupon and has a promotion below to add HDMI to VGA Adapter (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01KUX ... UTF8&psc=1) also with a $1 coupon.... add both to cart and will get both items for $13.98 on checkout page

https://www.amazon.ca/Converter-Adapter ... B078MGZ56R
Last edited by GreenMachine18 on Mar 6th, 2021 10:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
47 replies
Nov 9, 2013
777 posts
850 upvotes
Barrie
For some reason I thought the original wii already had HDMI?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2428 posts
1350 upvotes
So I assume if I go component out on wii to my upconverting 4K onkyo receiver I’m going to do better than this...
Jun 26, 2010
744 posts
483 upvotes
Vancouver
razrsharp wrote: So I assume if I go component out on wii to my upconverting 4K onkyo receiver I’m going to do better than this...
We must have the same Onkyo with component inputs. Although the Wii works fine through the Onkyo, the picture is not great. Maybe this will improve it.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1557 posts
751 upvotes
razrsharp wrote: So I assume if I go component out on wii to my upconverting 4K onkyo receiver I’m going to do better than this...
Yes... This adapter is not very good. but it "works", and most people dont want to fuss around with a analog to digital converter box(good one of those can cost over $100).
The colours look muted, and there noticeably less contrast. If you're just looking for a way to play Mario Galaxy 2 on a HDTV without emulation or buying a WiiU tho, its the easiest solution. Its literally just 2 plugs... plug the adapter into the Wii, plug the HDMI cable into the adapter. No external power source needed.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2009
2210 posts
2401 upvotes
Quebec
RyanD163 wrote: For some reason I thought the original wii already had HDMI?
Wii U did, not Wii.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4751 posts
3248 upvotes
Just play on the Wii U, one less hook up to your TV. If you don't have Wii U just component to TV or receiver upscaled is the way to go. These converters are garbage that's why backward compatible PS3 are expensive.
Sep 5, 2011
134 posts
113 upvotes
Canada
I have one of these and it works flawlessly
Jul 13, 2007
177 posts
243 upvotes
Kingston, ON
FWIW - I've had this exact model for maybe 5 years.

It works as expected but doesn't appear to enhance the picture in any way. Just peak 480P.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
3797 posts
2383 upvotes
Toronto
I have an older Samsung HDTV that has component in.
The HDMI on my wiiU went caput so I got this adapter, but I forgot I also had component cables for the original Wii.
Either way, it's still 480p but the Component option still looked better than the conversion over HDMI (picture settings on the TV were same for both input methods).
Obviously newer TV will not have component inputs anymore though I just wanted to share my experience and say that this adapter works fine but $12-$15 is what they usually go for on Amazon (fulfilled by).
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4266 posts
626 upvotes
Toronto
Does it make PQ better? I’m doubt, using component cable with 720P TV now.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Nov 19, 2009
675 posts
532 upvotes
Toronto
I've bought 2 of these in the past month (for $12 each) and neither worked. Returned them. I tried different tv's, inputs, everything. Might just be my experience but these things are worthless. $12 is the price I've always seen it at.
Jan 17, 2010
169 posts
98 upvotes
Thanks OP, in for one (the wii adaptor and VGA cable).
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9592 posts
4414 upvotes
Toronto
rui wrote: Does it make PQ better? I’m doubt, using component cable with 720P TV now.
no I believe its just for those that don't have component on their TV, or want to use computer monitor
nyrongroo wrote: Not trying to derail your post OP, after clicking on the post by v3dg666, I noticed one even cheaper for 9.90 (Maybe include this in your post, in case someone wants to save money):

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B07PX97HX ... p13NParams

Yea, I was just going to post it myself. It's been that price for a while but decided not to buy it since I rarely use my Wii anyway

eventually I do want to get a VGA adapter (or maybe HDMI to VGA?) to use the Wii on my CRT computer monitor... looks way better on CRT/old tv than on a flat screen