• Dec 20th, 2019 11:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4860 posts
3649 upvotes
Edmonton

[Amazon.ca] Wilkinson Sword Vintage Double Edge Safety (with 5 refills) - $16

Amazon has the Wilkinson Sword Vintage Double Edge Safety for $19.99 with a $4 coupon for a final cost of $15.99 + Tax. Appears to be the lowest according to 3xcamel.

Regular price at Walmart appears to be $20. Shoppers drug mart had it for $28 today.
Last edited by fatestkid on Dec 18th, 2019 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
59 replies
Sep 1, 2008
322 posts
306 upvotes
Came here looking for a 17-century double-edge sword that I can practice for knighthood. Disappointed. Disappointed Face
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5354 posts
2001 upvotes
Debtario
I have a Rockwell 6S and a Merkur Futur, I wonder how this handle performs. I assume from the low cost that "metal handle" means pot metal with lots of plastic in the head or some other cleaver meaning to make it sound decent quality. Maybe I'm just accustomed to overpaying
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Feb 26, 2008
276 posts
107 upvotes
I have this. It's all metal. Cheaper since it's not adjustable.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4860 posts
3649 upvotes
Edmonton
hellohi wrote: I have this. It's all metal. Cheaper since it's not adjustable.
Do adjustable razors allow you to change how far the blade sticks out? Does it make a big difference in the shave?

Sep 2, 2019
69 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
I have a double razor. it is a pain to use. It is much faster to use my electric razor
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1695 posts
797 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
fatestkid wrote: Do adjustable razors allow you to change how far the blade sticks out? Does it make a big difference in the shave?
They allow you to change the angle that the blade is set at.

I have this same razor holder and it works great with Feather blades for me, so I haven't bothered trying anything else.

The WS blades are too mild for me though.
Sep 14, 2012
580 posts
622 upvotes
Toronto
kwong14 wrote: I have a double razor. it is a pain to use. It is much faster to use my electric razor
And I have a double (well technically called a Safety Razor) and it it much faster and better than an electric shaver.

Been using it for many years with variety of blades bought super cheap on Ebay.
May 29, 2006
623 posts
128 upvotes
I find my saftery razor much easier to rise during use than my old disposable triple blade razors.... This from a guy who saves his face and head 3 times a week.... It has been a huge money saver as I throw in a new blade ever 2 or 3 shaves just for fun lol
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1695 posts
797 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
ichibansan wrote: And I have a double (well technically called a Safety Razor) and it it much faster and better than an electric shaver.

It's a tad faster when I used an electric razor, but it did a significantly worse job. It could never get my neck hairs properly. Also it gave me the occasional ingrown hair.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4860 posts
3649 upvotes
Edmonton
Just used my Wilkinson sword for the first time this morning with a new Gillette blade.... Wow, its so much better than the no name DE I was using for the past two years. Got myself a decent shaving soap too so that might have added to the smooth shave. Woohoo!

Switched to DE two years, saved a bunch of money and life is a little better :)

[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4860 posts
3649 upvotes
Edmonton
These are the Russian made Gillette blades I use, found them to be much better than Astra for my face. They do cost twice as much as the Astra, just fyi.

Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13958 posts
4434 upvotes
Toronto
Last I used Wilkinson Double edged blades (about 10 years ago), they were dull, rough and terrible. Do your face a favor and buy some Derby blades on Ebay. Throw out the blades that come with this. Similar complaints on Amazon.ca reviews about the blades.

Not sure if $16 is a deal on the razor alone, I haven't used this model. I use a Merkur razor handle.

I'm not aware of any Canadian Drugstore that sells good quality double edged blades, you will have to order off the Internet. The Gillette branded double edged blades are also terrible, if you can still find them in store.

Gillette and similar companies significantly reduced the quality of their double edged blades to try to push all men onto Mach3, Fusion and all that crap, the high priced cartridges.
I would recommend Derby brand blades.
Sep 2, 2019
69 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
ichibansan wrote: And I have a double (well technically called a Safety Razor) and it it much faster and better than an electric shaver.

the latter takes a good 2 mins to make and clean

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)