• Feb 10th, 2018 7:27 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5909 posts
2141 upvotes
Cornwall PE

[Amazon.ca] Windows 10 Pro $49.99-prime

Another item in my saved items amazon cart has decreased in price. I know some have bought keys on ebay fro $10 or less and the iso is easy to download, but some may like this method better.
The Children all love the the new down vote button.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
23 replies
Apr 6, 2008
515 posts
423 upvotes
Toronto
The source of these keys may be the same as those on eBay. These are sold by a third party seller rather than directly by Amazon
Apr 18, 2008
576 posts
1043 upvotes
BC
3ajs wrote: The source of these keys may be the same as those on eBay. These are sold by a third party seller rather than directly by Amazon
Good catch. I would imagine you can go back to Amazon if there was an issue, but I'd imagine all they could do was a refund. Maybe.
Oct 14, 2017
765 posts
808 upvotes
Toronto
3ajs wrote: The source of these keys may be the same as those on eBay. These are sold by a third party seller rather than directly by Amazon
Source shows by Microsoft.
Jan 17, 2009
487 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
I just bought a Win 10 Pro off ebay. Worked out to be $10 CAD after conversion. Activated fine, no issues.
Oct 14, 2017
765 posts
808 upvotes
Toronto
Oh right, sold by.

In any case i bought one of these keys on ebay over a year ago. Still working fine.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2091 posts
792 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Never activated my Windows 10. Other than not abke to change my wallpaper, everything is working fine.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
2855 posts
3671 upvotes
Calgary
Clee wrote: Never activated my Windows 10. Other than not abke to change my wallpaper, everything is working fine.
You can actually change your wallpaper on non-activated Windows. Right click the picture you want to set, choose 'Set as desktop background'.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2011
1002 posts
594 upvotes
Montreal-Ouest, QC
Get one on ebay for under 15$. I buy some for friends and family on there all the time and never had a problem. Also Get office 2016 complete for also under 15$
Paying full price for an item is a sin. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3265 posts
5529 upvotes
Clee wrote: Never activated my Windows 10. Other than not abke to change my wallpaper, everything is working fine.
Haven't activated mine either. Haven't had a problem for like a year now
Public Mobile customer
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2728 posts
2385 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Not convinced these keys are legit. They probably come from some OEM channel, or PCs that get downgraded and keys are then harvested for individual sale.

I remember one local large retailer a while back, which used to sell Dell PCs which had Widows 7 licence stickers on them, but came with rights to downgrade to Windows XP. Many customer would ask for XP downgrade, so they would gladly comply, but they would keep a list of the Windows 7 stickers and sell them at a huge discount to other customers (since they were never used). Either way, even if the original customer ever decided to upgrade to windows 7 at a later time, odds are they would not use the key, since if they use a DELL OEM DVD, it would auto activate due to the SLIC already part of the BIOS, using a generic key with digital certificate.

Will the keys activate ? In most cases, yes..
Are they "legal" ? Probably not... Just as legal as using a KMS activator...
Legit keys either come with a sticker (COA) or with a confirmation email from Microsoft (and can be typically seen/traceable on your Microsoft account). Unless you are buying VLKs for corporate use, which is a different story/channel all together.

Some colleagues have purchased keys from this site (which has been posted before) for $15. For now, they have all activated and no issues.. But they know that this may not last forever.
Oct 3, 2008
555 posts
126 upvotes
Scarborough
i saw some post recently says you can activate win 10 by using win 7 key. so if you see any of those OEM win 7 keys on computers you can use that to activate.
Jun 23, 2017
72 posts
31 upvotes
sarsshadow wrote: i saw some post recently says you can activate win 10 by using win 7 key. so if you see any of those OEM win 7 keys on computers you can use that to activate.
Yes, you can use win 7 key to activate win 10. Will work on the same version, home to home, pro to pro.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
6158 posts
2483 upvotes
Canuckland
I've gotten legit keys from eBay that work until this day for $5
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1508 posts
837 upvotes
Toronto
Mind = Blown @ cheap keys on Ebay.

Here I was about to drop $100+ on Windows 10, though am pretty skeptical about buying key off ebay..
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5909 posts
2141 upvotes
Cornwall PE
cappatrat wrote: Yes, you can use win 7 key to activate win 10. Will work on the same version, home to home, pro to pro.
Think it is only if it is a 'retail' windows 7 key. Retail keys could always be installed on another or new pc so long as it was removed from the previous. The retail version stopped at 7 and not continued as an option from 8 onward but kept it's license parameters if it is used as an upgrade to 10. So not sure if it is the same with just any win 7 key., but I could be wrong.
The Children all love the the new down vote button.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
4109 posts
1034 upvotes
Win10 keys are tie to a PC's mobo/BIOS if used. It is not being used if you can activate it on a new PC. So in the eye of MS it is legit/legal.
As OEM key tie to the specific PC, you won't be allow to migrate/upgrade to another PC (ie. mobo change). In my case I bought and owned Win8. Free updated to Win10 after. I just built a Rysen 7 myself. Use the existing key for the new PC and activated OK. Too bad I bought a copy of Win10 from Newegg and turn out I can't return it even though it is not opened. Have to sell it if anyone wants. It is an unopen original package. This will allow you to upgrade your PC.
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8