• Apr 19th, 2017 9:28 pm
[OP]
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3854 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Wireless gaming mouse - $11.99 all in

Awesome wireless mouse, gaming rated.

$11.99 + free shipping directly from VicTsingDirect (No tax either!)

I enjoy it as much as I do my MX518 and G400s. It doesn't have a on/off switch so that's even better for my HTPC setup where I don't have to worry if I turned it off after I switch channels. All you do is click one and it comes back to life if it's not used for a few minutes. It's rated for 15 months and it only takes 1AA (my Logitech Anywhere uses 2). I'm a huge logitech fan but after seeing the prices for M325 I looked for alternatives and found this.

For $12 all in it's crazy not to go with it. Everything else is crap for similar price (IF you find similar price). Only downside is a bit big. But it's nice because it also has the dongle place for storing.

Paid 12.99, now down to 11.99. After seeing a few deals here for simple mice that costs $15+, and remembering I also looked a lot for a good deal until I found this one, I probably should've posted this a while ago.

Any questions regarding this let me know as I have it. I think I might plan to buy a 2nd for my 2nd HTPC once it's setup.

Edit:
However, they charge EHT and taxes so close to 12$ depending where you live, but a cheaper alternative none the less.
Last edited by Messerschmitt on Apr 10th, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
32 replies
Mar 4, 2006
61 posts
93 upvotes
Narnia
I've had this mouse for over a year and have used it daily. It has also experienced many drops and it is still working fine. I don't game so take that into consideration.

Having said that, this seller 'VicTsingDirect' does give out free products in exchange for positive reviews. Just thought everyone should know.

Edit: Just to clarify, I bought and paid for the mouse myself and my review is real. But I was offered a free items after I posted a legitimate positive review for the mouse.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11544 posts
2543 upvotes
Montreal
I bought it for 12.99$ from Amazon because I already had the K400 in my basket and needed to reach the free shipping minimum :P

Thnx OP
Nov 3, 2007
636 posts
160 upvotes
EDM, AB
Bought one of these a few months back, had noticeable lag/stuttering when moving the cursor on separate PCs. The cursor would just freeze for like a second every maybe 5 seconds. Totally unusable. Gave a bad review, and VicTSing sent me a replacement. The replacement is much better but still has noticeable stuttering. As such, can't use it as intended.

Their customer service is great, but I got 2 dud products so be warned that you may get the same.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2112 posts
514 upvotes
Scarborough
Been using this mouse for 4-5 months. STRONGLY recommend it.
Feb 24, 2012
151 posts
142 upvotes
Kamloops
I use a G900 Chaos Spectrum as my daily driver at home, a G602 at work, and an MX Anywhere 2 when I'm on the go. So I obviously spend a lot of money on mice, and my wife likes to make fun of me for it.

I decided to purchase this mouse from VicTsing about 6 months ago to test the waters and see if I've been wasting my money. At $11.99 this is an okay wireless mouse, and does have the advantage of multiple dpi settings, but when you compare this to an actual gaming mouse the sensor just does not hold up. As Cryton mentioned above I noticed some lag/stuttering during general use. I also had a weird issue where the power saving "auto-off" feature would put the mouse to sleep and the only way I could get it to wake up was to turn the mouse off and on again.

Is this mouse "good-enough" and is 12 bucks a reasonable price? Sure, but definitely not "gaming rated". Just my 2 cents.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
10714 posts
3116 upvotes
Winnipeg
Cryton wrote: Bought one of these a few months back, had noticeable lag/stuttering when moving the cursor on separate PCs. The cursor would just freeze for like a second every maybe 5 seconds. Totally unusable. Gave a bad review, and VicTSing sent me a replacement. The replacement is much better but still has noticeable stuttering. As such, can't use it as intended.

Their customer service is great, but I got 2 dud products so be warned that you may get the same.
yup exactly the same thing happened to mine. The mouse lag starts and then it gets worse and worse after a few months. Finally I had to chuck it out.

Avoid it
Jul 12, 2010
39 posts
25 upvotes
Markham
If you're buying this as a spare mouse, then go for it. If you're actually buying this as an $11 gaming mouse, then you're doing it wrong - you'll end up disappointed. I bought one and it would not detect minute movement even with DPI cranked. I was able to slowly move the mouse across my mousepad and the cursor wouldn't even move.

Told VicTSing about it and they sent a replacement, but it had the exact same issue.

TBH I couldn't even use it in windows.....
[OP]
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3854 upvotes
Interesting. Like I said, I don't use it for gaming, but for HTPC, especially for the auto sleep feature and it's not tinty in my big hands like other wireless mices that cost double.

I tested it myself and I don't (yet) have any of these problems. Mine is very accurate, no lag or stuttering. Maybe this is a new revision? Not sure, but if something comes up I'll write it here. For 12$ all in I really really can't complain.
Nov 3, 2007
636 posts
160 upvotes
EDM, AB
Messerschmitt wrote: Interesting. Like I said, I don't use it for gaming, but for HTPC, especially for the auto sleep feature and it's not tinty in my big hands like other wireless mices that cost double.

I tested it myself and I don't (yet) have any of these problems. Mine is very accurate, no lag or stuttering. Maybe this is a new revision? Not sure, but if something comes up I'll write it here. For 12$ all in I really really can't complain.
I think it is just variances in QC. Like I said, my first one was horrible. The second one, was much better, to the point most people wouldn't notice, but I still noticed the stuttering.

Original one I got in mid March, Replacement came in late March. The first one was so bad I couldn't navigate windows or even press the close button in an app, since it was freezing so much. I think the stuttering may actually be an issue with the auto sleep function acting up. Maybe when I have some time I'll take it apart and probe it with my oscilloscope.

I ended up replacing it with a G900 about a week ago that I was able to pickup, brand new, for $60. Much more expensive mouse (especially at it's usual price) but it is a really good mouse.
Apr 13, 2017
451 posts
233 upvotes
Cryton wrote: I think it is just variances in QC. Like I said, my first one was horrible. The second one, was much better, to the point most people wouldn't notice, but I still noticed the stuttering.

Original one I got in mid March, Replacement came in late March. The first one was so bad I couldn't navigate windows or even press the close button in an app, since it was freezing so much. I think the stuttering may actually be an issue with the auto sleep function acting up. Maybe when I have some time I'll take it apart and probe it with my oscilloscope.

I ended up replacing it with a G900 about a week ago that I was able to pickup, brand new, for $60. Much more expensive mouse (especially at it's usual price) but it is a really good mouse.
HOW??!? The cheapest I've seen it for was $160. On craigslist the cheapest was $120.
Nov 3, 2007
636 posts
160 upvotes
EDM, AB
KamS046 wrote: HOW??!? The cheapest I've seen it for was $160. On craigslist the cheapest was $120.
Had some Dell Reward money that I wasn't going to use. Decided to just use it on a decent mouse. So it wasn't exactly $60 total, just $60 out of pocket for me. Could have got the G502 for free but decided I would rather the G900 and pay a bit out of pocket.
Apr 13, 2017
451 posts
233 upvotes
Cryton wrote: Had some Dell Reward money that I wasn't going to use. Decided to just use it on a decent mouse. So it wasn't exactly $60 total, just $60 out of pocket for me. Could have got the G502 for free but decided I would rather the G900 and pay a bit out of pocket.
How is it? Is the free wheel scroll dope? I bought the g502 which was the perfect mouse but the scroll wheel was a deal breaker. If i scrolled and tapped to stop the wheel, it scrolled in the opposite direction.
Banned
Apr 6, 2017
21 posts
9 upvotes
This mouse feels very good and fits perfect for my hand. The build quality seems fairly good for the price. I bought this mouse for my office mainly and I have a smaller one for travel.
[OP]
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3854 upvotes
ArturoEvan wrote: This mouse feels very good and fits perfect for my hand. The build quality seems fairly good for the price. I bought this mouse for my office mainly and I have a smaller one for travel.
Yea, build and fit is very similar to MX518 or G400 that I have. I have yet to experience any lag either so for me it works flawlessly. It actually works even on surfaces the optical sensors of the MX518 and G400 don't.
Oct 13, 2016
361 posts
487 upvotes
I had this one. Feel comfortable and easy to use. The USB nano receiver is really good thing. But I still prefer wired.