Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Withing Body+ Wi-Fi Digital Scale $79.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2020 3:21 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 7, 2016
20 posts
30 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Withing Body+ Wi-Fi Digital Scale $79.99

Had this in my cart since blackFriday/boxingDay. Online consensus seems to point toward this smart scale.
According to camel, last time it was at $79.99 was in may 2019.

Since it's a 'tech' product, history/release according to 'the Verge' on Jun 20, 2017:
The new Nokia Body scale is $59.95, while the original Withings Body has been renamed to "Body+." (<--- probably usd)

Edit: Works with apple health
Last edited by TomRFD on Jan 13th, 2020 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated title
61 replies
Sr. Member
Dec 26, 2010
916 posts
625 upvotes
Bought it in March 2019 for 79.99 as well. Been great so far.
Jr. Member
Sep 29, 2010
174 posts
218 upvotes
I still have the original Withings Wifi Scale and it works great!
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 23, 2019
41 posts
28 upvotes
How does this compare to the Renpho weight machine that was on sale on RFD a while ago?
Detective Snoopy out here just lookin' for the best deals!
Member
User avatar
Dec 13, 2013
400 posts
249 upvotes
If it ships from and sold by Amazon.ca, then why this... "Custom fees may apply upon receipt of the shipment if the order is shipped by Withings USA" !?
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
2997 posts
1577 upvotes
GTA
Dealter wrote: If it ships from and sold by Amazon.ca, then why this... "Custom fees may apply upon receipt of the shipment if the order is shipped by Withings USA" !?
There is an option to purchase from Withings USA as opposed to Amazon.ca. So long as you choose the Amazon.ca fulfillment, there will be no customs fees.
Jr. Member
Nov 23, 2017
121 posts
171 upvotes
NS
How's this compare to the Etekcity and Renpho one's you can get for $20-$30 dollars?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 19, 2007
3496 posts
2022 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
stmack wrote: How's this compare to the Etekcity and Renpho one's you can get for $20-$30 dollars?
Shows you the weather.... Honestly besides having a slightly better screen with more info I doubt anything?

The Instant winner was going be the Wifi feature and I thought okay this will sync directly in the cloud and then no worry about making sure bluetooth is on your phone or it even connects, etc. Since it's on the scale itself just sinc when it can over wifi network to the cloud... But I see 0 mention of this at all.... So it seems your still tied to using a phone/tablet to sync it...

So I assume just a rip off for the weather and a tad more info on the screen.
---
Jr. Member
Nov 23, 2017
121 posts
171 upvotes
NS
kanechart wrote: So I assume just a rip off for the weather and a tad more info on the screen.
Thanks, went ahead and grabbed this Etekcity one for $25 then.
Sr. Member
Sep 27, 2008
588 posts
311 upvotes
kanechart wrote: Shows you the weather.... Honestly besides having a slightly better screen with more info I doubt anything?

The Instant winner was going be the Wifi feature and I thought okay this will sync directly in the cloud and then no worry about making sure bluetooth is on your phone or it even connects, etc. Since it's on the scale itself just sinc when it can over wifi network to the cloud... But I see 0 mention of this at all.... So it seems your still tied to using a phone/tablet to sync it...

So I assume just a rip off for the weather and a tad more info on the screen.
This is incorrect. It does sync over WiFi. Why would you need your phone if the scale has WiFi? That doesn't make any sense
Teksavvy Usage Android App - Easily track your internet usage
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2015
2172 posts
1993 upvotes
Alberta
I have the older version of this scale that includes heartbeat, air quality, among other sensors and it's being working great for 5+ years. Syncs over wifi, no need for phone
Newbie
Nov 13, 2014
59 posts
122 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
kanechart wrote: Shows you the weather.... Honestly besides having a slightly better screen with more info I doubt anything?

The Instant winner was going be the Wifi feature and I thought okay this will sync directly in the cloud and then no worry about making sure bluetooth is on your phone or it even connects, etc. Since it's on the scale itself just sinc when it can over wifi network to the cloud... But I see 0 mention of this at all.... So it seems your still tied to using a phone/tablet to sync it...

So I assume just a rip off for the weather and a tad more info on the screen.
Easy on the assumptions Kimosabi.

This syncs automatically with your wifi after you set it up.

Has up to 4 profiles I believe, might be wrong. But it will automatically detect who gets on to your scale by the trend of weight , and log all information on it.

Has BMI, body fat % as well as trends.

Amazing for keeping track of weight and seeing the long term statistics.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Nov 30, 2013
113 posts
98 upvotes
NB
Lush78 wrote: I have the older version of this scale that includes heartbeat, air quality, among other sensors and it's being working great for 5+ years. Syncs over wifi, no need for phone
I have this one as well from Apr 2016. It has been mostly good but once a couple years ago I had to take it apart and re solder one of the wires that connects to the feet.(I think someone dropped it) The heartbeat has never worked for my wife (fine for me) and once in a while it measures off by 5 lb. I found out if you leave it set alone for 10s it calibrates and all is fine.
I AM NOT A BOOMER, but I wish i was.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
2171 posts
1678 upvotes
Montreal
I have the original one from years ago (9+ years?).
Still working great. Syncs automatically over Wi-Fi even though the access point is on the other side of the house on a different floor. Recognizes multiple users.
Recommended.

Top