Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Wonder Woman 4K UHD Blu-ray + Blu-ray + Digital HD ($29.96)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2017 12:19 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Wonder Woman 4K UHD Blu-ray + Blu-ray + Digital HD ($29.96)

I think this may be a pricing mistake, but the pre-order for Wonder Woman is CAD$29.96 for the 4K UHD Blu-ray package with two discs, including also the 1080p Blu-ray and the Digital HD release. Thirty bucks isn't chicken feed, but nonetheless seems a bit low for a tentpole summer blockbuster UHD release like this. Usually it would be $34.99 or higher.

[removed]

The reason I think it may be a pricing mistake is because the 29.96 number is the exact same as the US site. It's US$29.96 on Amazon.com. Similarly, the Blu-ray version is CAD$24.96 in Canada, and US$24.96 in the US.

I put in my pre-order, as I will be buying this movie regardless. There is no risk in putting in the order if you want the movie, since Amazon guarantees the lowest pricing between now and the release day, but somehow I don't see the pricing going any lower.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jul 18th, 2017 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: non-RFD affiliate link removed
13 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
hvwozq wrote: No.
walmart.ca/en/ip/wonder-woman-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-digital-hd-bilingual/6000197269188
Good catch, but it might be an error from the distributor. As mentioned, the pricing is exactly the same $29.96 in the US as well. And both the US and Canada have $24.96 pricing for the 1080p Blu-ray.

If they're now doing equal dollar pricing in the two countries, that would be great, but I highly doubt it.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2007
2776 posts
2425 upvotes
I've actually had this (along with the Kong 4k) in my Amazon Cart for a few weeks and both have been this price for a while. Part of me is waiting for it to drop lower but I guess if I just order now, I will at most pay this price. Still a decent deal though so thanks OP.
Sep 27, 2016
150 posts
154 upvotes
Barrie, ON
I pre-ordered this on June 19 for $24.96 + HST CDN from Amazon.ca . So this may be accurate.
A Little Dab'll Do Ya!
May 6, 2010
189 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
From what I have seen. This is the standard pricing now for a new release. Once it hits shelves they increase the price back up to the high 30s. Then they wait on a sale to feed you the same price to catch any stragglers.
Jan 25, 2013
161 posts
112 upvotes
Thornhill
Thanks, pre-order is now complete...
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
2212 posts
238 upvotes
Guelph
Warner Bros 4k titles usually sell new for $29.99 at Walmart - Best Buy usually bumps them to $32.99.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
Movies are the lowest at launch, it will increase to $40+ later.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
DaBruuzer wrote: I pre-ordered this on June 19 for $24.96 + HST CDN from Amazon.ca . So this may be accurate.
For the 4K version? I don’t remember seeing that.
Sep 27, 2016
150 posts
154 upvotes
Barrie, ON
EugW wrote: For the 4K version? I don’t remember seeing that.
Ah - you're right. Not the 4K version. Don't need that though, so keeping my pre-order.
A Little Dab'll Do Ya!
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10380 upvotes
Just got a Panasonic DMP-UB900 given to me as a birthday present. Time to start collecting discs I think...

Review from Best Buy:

"The Ultimate Ultra HD 4K Player !

This player does some serious Magic when it comes to up-scaling 1080 p and even lower resolutions. It plays everything you can throw at it and the 3D content is magnificent , provided you have a 3D television to accommodate this feature. The user interface is easy to navigate, looks clean and stream lined and has every option you could possibly hope for . 4K is amazing and further tweaking for perfection can be done using the UHD - Standard Mode slider feature. Audio for clarity with dialogue and consistent during quiet times can be all modified in the thorough audio settings . The Loading times are quick, the SD card reader is efficient and images pop out with dynamic color and crisp detail. The USB port and reader is excellent allowing you to further enjoy various media in up-scaled beauty! I've done many days of reviewing and this is the best player to get right now. It's better than the OPPO -205 and if it receives a Dolby vision playback upgrade in the future it will be the leader for a while. The remote is Very rich with feature , yet easy to follow . The light up buttons make it perfect. The player is Well built metal with a gorgeous thin layer of acrylic on top. The front display is Beautiful and can be controlled or shut off. The Netflix layout is good with easy navigation and great settings. I didn't understand why Canada didn't get any free 4k movies, as most other countries did. Either way the quality and features will blow your socks off. Just get it !"
Last edited by DougO on Jul 18th, 2017 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 30, 2006
704 posts
1129 upvotes
Gal Gadot in 4K...yummmmmmm
Sep 9, 2010
242 posts
53 upvotes
Mississauga
I could not sit through this movie again regardless of 4k or not. She was a terrible Wonder Woman. Her voice alone was brutal!!!

just my opinion. Good catch for those that like it...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)