Tags:
None
45 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7226 posts
7724 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought the single Wyze cam last year for $32. I was going to buy another one, but in the last week the price has risen from $40 to $47.65 on amazon.ca. It's still US$20 directly from Wyze.
Apr 22, 2018
98 posts
84 upvotes
Wow... Literally bought this last night at $79.99 Skull time to return and repurchase....
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2007
1048 posts
423 upvotes
St Thomas, ON
It was this price Or less for a long time. Now this is a deal? Damn.
Bobby Dee.
RFD Proud since 07.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
2183 posts
2350 upvotes
Scote64 wrote: I bought the single Wyze cam last year for $32. I was going to buy another one, but in the last week the price has risen from $40 to $47.65 on amazon.ca. It's still US$20 directly from Wyze.
Price has sky rocketed for these cams for some reason
Nov 6, 2014
511 posts
413 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
Free person detection notifications will soon be subscription based on a cost per camera basis. Otherwise great cameras and the “birdhouse” also sold on Amazon works great for outdoor use. Have four, rock solid.
[OP]
Jun 2, 2007
564 posts
739 upvotes
GTA
Scote64 wrote: I bought the single Wyze cam last year for $32. I was going to buy another one, but in the last week the price has risen from $40 to $47.65 on amazon.ca. It's still US$20 directly from Wyze.
It comes down to whether you want to waste time and money to get it back here. Cross-border pickup? The savings is a wash after paying them. Drive down and back? Same unless you live close to the border. Or you could wait for it to go back to $32 on amazon... I wouldn't hold my breath.

In the end, order from Amazon and you'll get it shipped to your door in no time!
Don't forget to like and subscribe! 😎👍
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
2308 posts
585 upvotes
Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread. Wyzecam should be releasing their outdoor camera shortly. It will not really offer continuous recording as it will be powered by a battery.

https://wyze.com/wyze-cam-outdoor.html

Here's an early review:
Feb 19, 2009
269 posts
130 upvotes
Switched to Eufy Indoor Cam 2K. Couldn't be happier besides the fact some random times the status led comes back on and it goes offline. Notifications are instant (with thumbnails), no cool-downs, 2K resolution, device person, pet detection, Alexa, Google Assistant, Homekit integration, up to 128GB Micro SD storage, cloud storage $. Using it for almost two weeks.

Eufy Indoor Cam 2K

Eufy Pan and Tilt 2K
Images
  • 2020_07_15_23_07_44[1].jpg
  • wyze.png
Feb 13, 2020
64 posts
30 upvotes
Nelson Muntz wrote: Switched to Eufy Indoor Cam 2K. Couldn't be happier besides the fact some random times the status led comes back on and it goes offline. Notifications are instant (with thumbnails), no cool-downs, 2K resolution, device person, pet detection, Alexa, Google Assistant, Homekit integration, up to 128GB Micro SD storage, cloud storage $. Using it for almost two weeks.

Eufy Indoor Cam 2K

Eufy Pan and Tilt 2K
Nice comparison. Looks like for a little bit more $$$, the difference in quality is significant. I too am waiting for the outdoor Wyze camera. Need more info, once it's released, before I'd consider buying, etc..
Aug 20, 2006
824 posts
151 upvotes
The only thing I don't like is Wyze doesn't work on my lenovo smart display, every time, it shows me "Sorry it looks like that stream isn't available right now"
May 21, 2008
880 posts
146 upvotes
Ottawa
I constantly read that you can use 128GB sdcard with Wyze cam. Anyone know which particular 128GB can be used or any class10 is good?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1912 posts
805 upvotes
Calgary
If you want to use RTSP firmware with these, don’t bother its complete trash due to wifi and firmware instability. They seem to have completely abandoned the feature as well.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5630 posts
643 upvotes
Toronto
blind56 wrote: If you want to use RTSP firmware with these, don’t bother its complete trash due to wifi and firmware instability. They seem to have completely abandoned the feature as well.
works great for me.
Jun 19, 2008
44 posts
49 upvotes
Montreal
blind56 wrote: If you want to use RTSP firmware with these, don’t bother its complete trash due to wifi and firmware instability. They seem to have completely abandoned the feature as well.
If you are good with messing around with firmwares and unix shells, look up Dafang firmware on github. Running these babies with custom firmware, no chineese backdoor or sending my video feed to some unknown cloud server operators, and added bonus, I trigger what I want, how I want, share to telegram, email, ftp, samba and save locally...all this for a fraction of the price of a crappy foscam (bought 5 foscams, all but 2 died within a year).

Setting the first one can be a little painful but once you got it going, you clone the flashcard, change a few parameters wash rince repeat.

Works A-1 with tinycam too so I can remotely check them when connecting on my VPN.

Again custom firmware flashing and all is not for everyone, but for cheap-ass knowledgable people, nothing beats this setup in price/feature/performance.

Thanks OP, I'm in for 2 more lol.
Nov 6, 2014
511 posts
413 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
yanksingh wrote: I constantly read that you can use 128GB sdcard with Wyze cam. Anyone know which particular 128GB can be used or any class10 is good?
I tried 128gb evo,(genuine) worked for a while then wasn’t recognized. Didn’t wreck the card. Went back to 64’s pretty much any brand, work great although even those aren’t officially supported.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1132 posts
1481 upvotes
When my tp link started hanging all the time, I bought a Wyze because I needed a stop gap asap, and the amazon one I bought came with a card and was 1/3 the cost of the tp link one I had. Wyze reliability and night cam is astonishingly far superior to the tp link. I thought it would be somewhat crappy because of the price:quality ratio so I am super happy. It's a wide angle but the camera doesn't move and follow the motion like the tpl one - which is still on my "look at/fix" shelf. If I had to buy another camera, I'd def go wyze.

cheers,
:)
May 23, 2015
417 posts
1048 upvotes
Ontario
Be careful about buying waze stuff as they don't provide any warranty whatsoever outside of USA. I had one sensor fail on me within 6 months and wyze refused to replace it. Luckily amazon replaced it for free.
Apr 3, 2007
191 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto
deep1600 wrote: Be careful about buying waze stuff as they don't provide any warranty whatsoever outside of USA. I had one sensor fail on me within 6 months and wyze refused to replace it. Luckily amazon replaced it for free.
I've also given up on Waze. One pancam went red, later another started showing strange pics, they reboot all the time if something moves a bit faster in front of them... and 3rd one now started to forget everything so I keep re-adding it.
All of them are over 1 year and neither Waze nor Amazon would do anything for me.
I also went back to 64GB SDs. The 128 I tried seemed to work fine but almost every time I wanted to go back 2-3 days to see what happened, the card was unreadable. I could format it and it'd appear to work fine until I really needed to see details on what happened a few days back and same issue - the pancam won't see it. Also, never found a way to read those on a PC. Many years ago I had trednet cloud cams that'd go nuts and I could pull out the SD card and copy the jpg/mov files manually on the PC.