[Amazon Canada] Wyze cam Pair 73.64 WARM

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2019 6:07 pm
Dec 29, 2018
11 posts
4 upvotes
ApocDeals wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2019 4:53 pm
.... I haven't had it long enough to test low or high temps, but I bought mine when I read someone else on RFD has had it through Canadian winters at lower temps than what we see with no problems at all....
You won't be disappointed. I have had two outside in Ottawa extreme weather with no problems. I have them hanging under the soffit (overhang of the roof) with the protective waterproof case.
Jun 14, 2017
94 posts
83 upvotes
I have about 10 of these and this is the best price that I've ever seen them at. They are US$20 via Wyze (plus shipping) and they are supposed to be selling directly to Canada before the end of the year (it was already delayed from Summer 2019).
I bought a few at $37.49, but haven't noticed them below $40/each in awhile.
Wyze doesn't make much on these and there will never be significant discounts beyond the US$20 point.
Most of mine have already made it through a winter and a summer outdoors in the Toronto area. One that I kept inside died on me; the outside ones are all still ticking (under eaves and in cases from Amazon).
Nov 11, 2006
154 posts
72 upvotes
East Kootenays
Messerschmitt wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2019 5:30 pm
I paid 37.49 on each of the 2 cams I have last year, so I guess the price might've gone up.
Bought the majority of mine for that price last year too. And yes price has gone up fluctuating wee bit here and there, seen it above the $40 mark. The price for a pair isn't smoking hot yet if one's in the need then it's obviously a better deal... Savings are savings no matter how small.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
3220 posts
851 upvotes
GTA
golfman613 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2019 5:41 pm
You won't be disappointed. I have had two outside in Ottawa extreme weather with no problems. I have them hanging under the soffit (overhang of the roof) with the protective waterproof case.
Any suggestions/recommendations for outdoor cases?
Dec 4, 2014
24 posts
26 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Pretty good deal. I bought 3 from wyze USA. $20each after paying delivery fee, tax and FX rate, about $30 CAD each.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
1873 posts
880 upvotes
North Vancouver
Zyphur wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2019 6:12 pm
Any suggestions/recommendations for outdoor cases?
I've had this one for over a year in my carport (out of the rain) and it has worked really well, no issues. Wyze Camera Wall Mount Bracket Weather...
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)
Nov 11, 2006
154 posts
72 upvotes
East Kootenays
Well if you're in the need I'd be inclined to buy them now. If they become "official" so-to-speak in Canada I'm betting on a price increase if anything else, it's just the Canadian way.

Been using the V2 since May 2018 (four outside) w/o any real problems, definitely not perfect yet hard to beat for the price imo.
Nov 11, 2006
154 posts
72 upvotes
East Kootenays
Sorcerer wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2019 6:29 pm
I've had this one for over a year in my carport (out of the rain) and it has worked really well, no issues. Wyze Camera Wall Mount Bracket Weather...
Similar experience w/four V2 cams (May 2018), in wall mounts under eves etc. Using/prefer this style wall mount bracket... https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07G7R ... UTF8&psc=1 Like the design/appearance better, and the fact the cam's case colour isn't exposed (just lens/sensor) when fitted into the black mount/housing, becomes too contrasting otherwise. With any of these mount buying the 3-pack is a much better deal when that option is available.
Nov 10, 2003
511 posts
92 upvotes
Richmond
There is a rumor that they will release an outdoor version soon.
[OP]
Jun 16, 2006
207 posts
252 upvotes
Montreal
ApocDeals wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2019 4:53 pm
I haven't had it long enough to test low or high temps, but I bought mine when I read someone else on RFD has had it through Canadian winters at lower temps than what we see with no problems at all.
2 winters out in -40c...Montreal region...one in garden house towards yard...other under front porch towards driveway protected by transparent box.

100% efficiency...no probs.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1171 posts
211 upvotes
Ottawa
Are these version 2 or the leftover if discontinued old version 1 in 2018?
[OP]
Jun 16, 2006
207 posts
252 upvotes
Montreal
cf7777 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2019 7:39 pm
Are these version 2 or the leftover if discontinued old version 1 in 2018?
v2
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
9723 posts
2496 upvotes
One of mine actually keeps malfunctioning (goes offline after about a day and I have to power cycle it). Bought it from Amazon. How do I go about the warranty?
Sep 25, 2019
34 posts
51 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2019 8:32 pm
One of mine actually keeps malfunctioning (goes offline after about a day and I have to power cycle it). Bought it from Amazon. How do I go about the warranty?
It maybe your router; I have 3 of these. The ones in the kitchen and bedroom were always losing their connection, but I not had problems with my laptop or phone.

Friend gave me a router to try and it fixed the problem. I'm still looking for a good deal on a better router.
Jun 4, 2007
822 posts
382 upvotes
Anyone get delays in notifications? If so how do you resolve this? I don’t think it’s a router issue since i usually get a delay when I’m away from the house.