Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Wyze Cam V2 1080P Indoor Smart Home Camera with Wyze Sense Starter Kit

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2019 5:39 pm
[OP]
Nov 25, 2017
8 posts
228 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Wyze Cam V2 1080P Indoor Smart Home Camera with Wyze Sense Starter Kit

Amazon Canada has started to sell the Wyze Sense Starter Kit. The Wyze Sense Starter Kit includes a motion detector, two contact sensors, and a bridge. Unfortunately, you have to buy the Wyzecam V2 camera as well for this kit.

For more information about the Wyze Sense products, check out Wyze's own website: https://www.wyze.com/wyze-sense/
163 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3272 posts
1738 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
Horrific deal. You can get the Camera's for under $30 and the sensors themselves they been selling them on prime cables for like 7-8 bucks each.

How is this hot??? lol
---
Dec 16, 2007
111 posts
69 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
kanechart wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2019 8:05 pm
Horrific deal. You can get the Camera's for under $30 and the sensors themselves they been selling them on prime cables for like 7-8 bucks each.

How is this hot??? lol
While I agree that the kit is over priced. Prime Cables do not sell Wyze products like you suggest.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3272 posts
1738 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
guardian604 wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2019 8:16 pm
While I agree that the kit is over priced. Prime Cables do not sell Wyze products like you suggest.
Wyze products suck overall. The only thing they have going is the cheapest 1080P Wireless Camera. The sensors would be no different then any other crappy brand.
---
Nov 8, 2012
417 posts
206 upvotes
London, ON
Isn’t the kit $19 on their site?
Any idea how much shipping and customs to Canada on $80 order? 2 camera and a starter kit
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1055 posts
494 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
kanechart wrote:
Wrong.
Jan 13, 2010
238 posts
74 upvotes
The Wyze software is amazing, compared to every other camera I've tried in this price range. But if your doing rtsp then yeah there's other choices.
Last edited by R5R on Jun 23rd, 2019 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 21, 2006
61 posts
52 upvotes
Wyze cam v2 just started supporting RTSP in the last couple months without having to hack it. I am quite happy with the camera considering the price. The first RTSP firmware had issues where the camera would become unresponsive in Blue Iris but the latest beta firmware has solved that so far (been using it for about a week). The Wyze software seems decent enough and has come a long way from the Xiaomi software.
Mar 29, 2016
25 posts
20 upvotes
kanechart wrote:

How is this hot??? lol
Where can you buy this camera for under $30 CDN?
Apr 25, 2012
874 posts
273 upvotes
I've heard stories and seen videos of cheap wifi cameras being hacked and cbc marketplace also did an episode on it. Can someone explain to me why wyze cam is not like any of those other wifi cams to put myself at peace of mind. Thank you!! :)
Koodo $40/8Gb | PublicMobile $34/4Gb LTE
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2366 posts
1687 upvotes
Oakville
kanechart wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2019 8:30 pm
Wyze products suck overall. The only thing they have going is the cheapest 1080P Wireless Camera. The sensors would be no different then any other crappy brand.
Fake News!
-ZdpZ... ;)
Dec 25, 2012
558 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
demzie wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2019 10:06 pm
I've heard stories and seen videos of cheap wifi cameras being hacked and cbc marketplace also did an episode on it. Can someone explain to me why wyze cam is not like any of those other wifi cams to put myself at peace of mind. Thank you!! :)
Where are you putting it? Most use this for outdoor monitoring through a window or in one of those waterproof crappy cases....soooooo if it does get hacked all the hacker sees is out your window ...who cares?
JS
Mar 21, 2010
267 posts
152 upvotes
Winnipeg
Most of those cameras that were hacked on that program were done so because the owners used the default user ID and password (ie userID = admin, password = admin). WYZE actually requires you to make a unique login ID and then registers and associates each camera to it. At the end of the day, nothing is foolproof so use at your own risk if you are bothered by this. We have a few in our house pointed out the windows so none are inward pointed (such as a bedroom). I swear by WYZE. You can’t get better functionality for the price.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 3 guests)

MikeSta, goofball