Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Wyze cam v3 $43.98 prime

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2021 12:39 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
frankw wrote: Nope. I have two V3s from the US and get the static noise issue using the included cords and power adapters. I even moved them to different parts of the house to get away from electrical lines, etc with no effect.
hmm, so it must be luck of the draw..well my 2nd usa .com amazon v3 seems FINE, not static issues that i know off
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Feb 9, 2008
409 posts
332 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
mikka2017 wrote: hmm, so it must be luck of the draw..well my 2nd usa .com amazon v3 seems FINE, not static issues that i know off
Someone in this thread said they had no static issues until they inserted a micro SD card.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6758 posts
1786 upvotes
Montreal
I have a micro SD card in mine and don't have the static issue.
Phils
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2009
1566 posts
1372 upvotes
Vancouver
I got two v3 from HD couple weeks ago, both have static issue, one is acceptable and one is really bad. I am gonna return one.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2952 posts
1061 upvotes
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: I've been using this firmware on my V3 cameras to get a local RTSP stream without issue:
https://github.com/FiveLeavesLeft/WyzeCameraLiveStream
Umm, what sorcery is this??? :)

So, can you tell us a bit more info.

1.Does the cam still work in the Wyze app after using the firmware provided there, AS WELL as then having RTSP support?
2.Does the RTSP support allow one to set their own username/password, maybe a different RTSP port?
3.Any known issues with this firmware?
4.What am I missing here, how does one install this????

To install, download the zip file and:
unzip wyze_hacks_0_5_06.zip
cp config.inc.TEMPLATE config.inc
./remote_install.sh

huh??
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
im impressed with my backyard, night color vision is amazing! theres NO light in my backyard and i can still see it pretty good on the v3! i think theres a streelight tho... even at like 5am when its pretty dark with naked eye, the video is bright like in the daytime!
im not even gonna bother with that github rtsp hack...unless wyze has official rtsp in its app..too much hassle!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
3072 posts
2097 upvotes
Midland
Correct me if I am wrong but you need a microsd card to use the v3?
Feb 6, 2018
27 posts
8 upvotes
Cambridge, On
Any recommendations for micro SD cards or anything I should know. Is the playback max 14 days regardless of SD size
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
2118 posts
6128 upvotes
RoofGuttersCo wrote: Any recommendations for micro SD cards or anything I should know. Is the playback max 14 days regardless of SD size
Get a high endurance micro SD card, I’ve been using samsung pro endurance in my v2’s for a little over a year with no issues so far: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07DTG ... =UTF8&th=1

There are other recommendations for brands that work just as well.
Nov 30, 2006
220 posts
23 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: im impressed with my backyard, night color vision is amazing! theres NO light in my backyard and i can still see it pretty good on the v3! i think theres a streelight tho... even at like 5am when its pretty dark with naked eye, the video is bright like in the daytime!
im not even gonna bother with that github rtsp hack...unless wyze has official rtsp in its app..too much hassle!
Same here, my camera also in my backyard. it was so amazing that my daughters think I was prank them and couldn't believe it was from backyard at night with no light ON. For the past few days or after the latest updated seem to messed up something, night time video quality completely junk, very blotchy, pixelated and color smear. My other v3 for the front door still working well and it's on same firmware version. the only different front door cam with sd card inserted, not sure this make any different. Does anyone has this problem? thinking to downgrade the firmware see if this solve the issue.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7443 upvotes
Toronto, ON
joe2k1 wrote: Correct me if I am wrong but you need a microsd card to use the v3?
You only need to put in a microSD card if you want to have the V3 save recordings locally. You can either have continuous or event recordings only. Regardless of whether you use a microSD card or not, you'd still have the 14 day playback in the cloud if you are not a camplus subscriber.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
2076 posts
902 upvotes
ON
I've been trying to read but still unclear what the FREE features are in regards to notifications and recording.

Can this send activity alert notifications to text or email for example, or just to their phone app? It sounds like there is like 10 sec. delay to receive the notification, and there is a 5-minute cooldown (only one notification every 5 minutes)?

How long does it record each alert? How much can it record to cloud?

Sounds like it can continuously record to microSD locally - can that be accessed remotely? How much storage does it take (e.g. per day)?
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2855 posts
836 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
sprdave wrote: Sounds like it can continuously record to microSD locally - can that be accessed remotely? How much storage does it take (e.g. per day)?
excellent question.
Saving money on things I don't need since 2009. thanks RFD

Woodstock, ON
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
3945 posts
2934 upvotes
Markham
sprdave wrote:
Sounds like it can continuously record to microSD locally - can that be accessed remotely? How much storage does it take (e.g. per day)?
I can access whats on the SD card and live streaming thru the app on my phone even when I am not within wifi range of my house.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
3111 posts
3201 upvotes
sprdave wrote: I've been trying to read but still unclear what the FREE features are in regards to notifications and recording.

Can this send activity alert notifications to text or email for example, or just to their phone app? It sounds like there is like 10 sec. delay to receive the notification, and there is a 5-minute cooldown (only one notification every 5 minutes)?

How long does it record each alert? How much can it record to cloud?

I pasted your questions into google and added Wyze V3.

https://wyzelabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a ... ding-work-

https://wyzelabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a ... -Recording

https://wyze.com/wyze-cam.html

https://services.wyze.com/detail/camplus
No politics in sigs - mods
Jan 23, 2007
315 posts
341 upvotes
London
anyone able to swing a window mount!??! been hunting everywhere, and only found a place that wants almost $35...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)