Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Wyze Cam V3 + Cam Plus 1080p HD Indoor/Outdoor $39.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2022 4:48 pm
[OP]
Jun 1, 2018
27 posts
117 upvotes
Québec

[Amazon.ca] Wyze Cam V3 + Cam Plus 1080p HD Indoor/Outdoor $39.99

Wyze Cam V3 + Cam Plus 1080p HD Indoor/Outdoor

Now $39 (was $36.13 when posted)

Previous thread at $39.86 amazon-ca-wyze-cam-v3-39-86-2576584/
Last edited by egimpe on Dec 4th, 2022 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
24 replies
Jun 13, 2008
164 posts
382 upvotes
Lonon
Thanks ordered!

Don't know where I'll put this one, already have 4.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1492 posts
1002 upvotes
Damn it’s $3 cheaper now. But I won’t buy and return my old set. It’s bad for the environment!!!
Dec 16, 2019
94 posts
636 upvotes
Not going test my luck with the $3 difference from last week.

Horrible third party delivery company says delivered, picture was of a white ceiling (not our building). Contact Amazon they sent a replacement. 3 days later original gets delivered. BOGO sounds good to me.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
1445 posts
140 upvotes
If I already have other Wyze cams, will the cam plus subscription that comes with this work for all my cameras installed?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1890 posts
1848 upvotes
Toronto
can this be used as baby a monitor via cell phone?
Multi Millionaire in Points
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
1362 posts
1313 upvotes
FoMoHotDeals wrote: can this be used as baby a monitor via cell phone?
Yes but as a parent a baby monitor doesn't do anything. Your kid be fine. I'm sure your parents did fine without one.
Jan 4, 2019
976 posts
1105 upvotes
sparkaction wrote: Yes but as a parent a baby monitor doesn't do anything. Your kid be fine. I'm sure your parents did fine without one.
They didnt ask
Jan 23, 2007
83 posts
9 upvotes
VAN
Anybody noticed Amazon slapping on a regulatory fee? The only difference from priced at ~$39 before with the new fee is $1.xx difference.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44561 posts
7781 upvotes
Buyer beware. Bought a Wyze Cam Pan v2 for indoors. The motor conked off within 1 month. Was making a buzzing noise and that’s it. Doesn’t work no more.

Wyze support was crap and I had a hard time with them to get a replacement under warranty.

Get something better when on sale.
Blanka
Sep 22, 2010
252 posts
106 upvotes
Vancouver
very good price.
i notice my current camv2 detection and app notification is getting worse than last year. i'm not paying any subscription, is it the cause?
just start moving my setup to eufy.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
9143 posts
1043 upvotes
Toronto
djemzine wrote: Buyer beware. Bought a Wyze Cam Pan v2 for indoors. The motor conked off within 1 month. Was making a buzzing noise and that’s it. Doesn’t work no more.

Wyze support was crap and I had a hard time with them to get a replacement under warranty.

Get something better when on sale.
I'm guessing they'll clear out models for the new V3 PRO they have now. Comes with a mini floodlight attached and some other features I think.

YMMV I've had 2 cameras running for over a year now.

1 indoor and another in the garage (outdoor temps/below zero). They've both been pretty great.

They're added to my Google Home network so I can view the cameras via google nest. That integration is just 'so-so' though. I'd say 1/3 of the time the camera doesn't load unless I have the Wyze app running on my phone and the loading takes 20+ seconds sometimes. I'm not sure how the integration is with google/other cameras to be fair.

Other than that I'm impressed with picture quality + how much automation you can get without a subscription to their security plan.

Wyze is definitely a bit more budget/DIY model but it can definitely work as part of your home security setup.

Wyze has a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale on now (Wyze Canada) so expect more sales. I'm personally eying the Floodlight setup so if anyone else has experience I'd be interested in hearing about it. It's a pretty new product.

Also the price discrepancy between US/Canada Wyze products is real. If you have a way of getting them from the states you might save more.
Koodo Mobile Plan | $30 20gb plan
Virgin Plus Internet Plan | $40 100mbps plan

LF: Keycaps (Just the Numpad; GMK, DCX, MITO)
Nov 27, 2015
116 posts
120 upvotes
Calgary/Edmonton
FoMoHotDeals wrote: can this be used as baby a monitor via cell phone?
That's what we use them for. Works great. Probably a better and cheaper solution than most actual baby monitors. There are a few downsides though:

- When traveling you have to set up the Wyze cam on new wifi everywhere.
- Not really meant for passive monitoring, i.e. you probably won't just leave your phone on with the sound turned on all night. We used an additional cheap audio-only monitor with sound thresholds for our newborns.
- No dark mode in the app, the white screen is blinding in the middle of the night coming out of sleep! C'mon Wyze!!
Nov 23, 2022
1 posts
New Wyze cam V3 user here. Do I have to get a base station to use the cam outdoors? Can I use the camera without a base station by connecting directly to nest wifi? Also does it have to be wired when connected outside?
Nov 2, 2022
12 posts
174 upvotes
Montreal
Amart0612 wrote: New Wyze cam V3 user here. Do I have to get a base station to use the cam outdoors? Can I use the camera without a base station by connecting directly to nest wifi? Also does it have to be wired when connected outside?
No base station required
It’s plug and play which means, you need to plug for power and use your wifi to connect to internet
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
3185 posts
2850 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
If you'd prefer to get this from Home Depot, they currently have the 2pac with 3 months subscription, for $79.98 - works out to be $39.99/cam. Didn't post it as a separate deal because it's not really stand out from the Amazon deal.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/wyze-c ... 1001751260
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Jan 8, 2012
16 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver
heavengoloo wrote: Anybody noticed Amazon slapping on a regulatory fee? The only difference from priced at ~$39 before with the new fee is $1.xx difference.
Yeah what is this about $2.25 per camera fee. I am going to say no thank you
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15268 posts
6329 upvotes
RFD
heavengoloo wrote: Anybody noticed Amazon slapping on a regulatory fee? The only difference from priced at ~$39 before with the new fee is $1.xx difference.
rapidwiz wrote:
Yeah what is this about $2.25 per camera fee. I am going to say no thank you
Some sort of eco fee?

Anyway I bought 1 to add to the 3 I've been running outside since they were available on Amazon Canada for $37.37, so maybe close to two years already with no issues.

No regulatory or eco fee added to my order.