Wyze Lock WiFi and Bluetooth 26% off - $122.40

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2022 2:39 pm
[OP]
Mar 6, 2021
2 posts
14 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Wyze Lock WiFi and Bluetooth 26% off - $122.40

First time poster so go easy on me. Had this sucker tracked on camel camel camel for a long time. It’s currently at its lowest price ever and 26% off list.

About this item

Wyze smart lock: Lock or unlock your door from anywhere using the Wyze app. Wyze Lock connects to your WiFi via the included Wyze Lock Gateway. Enable auto-lock and auto-unlock to never have to think about keys or codes again.

NOTE : The following deadbolt types do not work for Wyze Lock (Medeco / Mortise / Integrated Lock & Handles / Rim Cylinder / Drive-in Latch / Double Cylinder / Low-profile versions of Kwikset, Baldwin, and Weiser brands). The following deadbolt types work for Wyze Lock: Single Cylinder [Google and Alexa]

Keyless door entry: Simply walk up to your door and have it unlock automatically and then lock behind you once you're inside. Purchase Wyze Lock Keypad and Wyze Cam separately for added security and surveillance. Works with your current key and deadbolt. Operation Temperature is 14°F - 131°F / -10°C - 55°C

Simple sharing: Wyze Lock lets you easily share access to your home with friends, family, contractors, dog walkers, and really, whoever you want. See a history of lock and unlock events. Wyze Lock gives you complete control of who has access to your home

Door position detection: Wyze Lock not only tells you the lock status, but also if the door is open or closed. Unlike other locks, Wyze Lock has a built-in gyroscope to know the position of the door. No need for separate sensors
Easy 15 minute installation: Seriously.

Wyze Lock installs in 15 minutes (we timed it!) and only requires a screwdriver. It works with most single-cylinder deadbolts and takes the place of the inside thumb latch. Wyze app required. Battery Life: 5-6 months (depending on useage)
12 replies
Nov 13, 2003
230 posts
166 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Not bad for the price. I bought mine at $108+GST when there was a flash sale at Wyze Canada, but there is no going back in time. I ended up ordering the keypad too (from Amazon US there was a sale), but with IFTTT, the geo-fence based unlock feature works 99% of the time. I couldn't get the wyze app to work reliably from iPhone (IFTTT works much better).

I can confirm that the battery life is about right, at least the stock ones. Owned this since Jan this year.

If you are comfortable without unlocking with a key (e.g. you have a backup door elsewhere), the newer fingerprint/keypad model may be more appealing.

https://ca.wyze.com/products/wyze-lock-bolt
Jun 11, 2015
348 posts
475 upvotes
Montreal
I wish it was HomeKit compatible.
Nov 14, 2014
243 posts
311 upvotes
DDR wrote: Not bad for the price. I bought mine at $108+GST when there was a flash sale at Wyze Canada, but there is no going back in time. I ended up ordering the keypad too (from Amazon US there was a sale), but with IFTTT, the geo-fence based unlock feature works 99% of the time. I couldn't get the wyze app to work reliably from iPhone (IFTTT works much better).

I can confirm that the battery life is about right, at least the stock ones. Owned this since Jan this year.

If you are comfortable without unlocking with a key (e.g. you have a backup door elsewhere), the newer fingerprint/keypad model may be more appealing.

Actually it's a few bucks cheaper straight from wyze right now. $99.99 + $5.99 = $119.76 all in (Ontario) compared to OP's.
May 31, 2009
145 posts
210 upvotes
Always been interested in grabbing one for condo door. Anyone have any experience with it?
May 12, 2008
72 posts
22 upvotes
For members who purchased this lock, is the metal plate (with 2 screw holes) on the bolt removable? I am assuming it is not removable as the installation instructions do not mention this. Thanks.
Sep 29, 2021
44 posts
75 upvotes
DDR wrote: Not bad for the price. I bought mine at $108+GST when there was a flash sale at Wyze Canada, but there is no going back in time. I ended up ordering the keypad too (from Amazon US there was a sale), but with IFTTT, the geo-fence based unlock feature works 99% of the time. I couldn't get the wyze app to work reliably from iPhone (IFTTT works much better).

Is this one without the gateway? The one in OP can be controlled remotely. I think they're different products.
Nov 13, 2003
230 posts
166 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
flickdeals wrote: Is this one without the gateway? The one in OP can be controlled remotely. I think they're different products.
Sorry to confuse. I linked the new model whereas the product that I bought and commented was the one from OP. As you said, they are 2 different products. The one I linked is the newer model, which has no gateway, replaces the entire deadbolt, and is all local control, whereas the OP model replaces only the mechanism at the back, and could be controlled remotely. There's pros and cons with the two models. For example, I could never convince my wife to let go the inability to use a physical key.

One more thing to note, Wyze has not updated the firmware on the OP model for a while now. There is nothing real wrong with it; however, don't expect Wyze to put more effort into improving this product. I am still 100% happy with the lock for my purpose though.
Nov 13, 2003
230 posts
166 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
imagesoft wrote: For members who purchased this lock, is the metal plate (with 2 screw holes) on the bolt removable? I am assuming it is not removable as the installation instructions do not mention this. Thanks.
Trying to understand your question. I think you meant the metal plate referenced here? If so, the metal plate is intended to secure the original (front and bolt) mechanism, and then the wyze lock has 4 screws that mount into the plate. (Did that answer your question?)
May 12, 2008
72 posts
22 upvotes
DDR wrote: Trying to understand your question. I think you meant the metal plate referenced here? If so, the metal plate is intended to secure the original (front and bolt) mechanism, and then the wyze lock has 4 screws that mount into the plate. (Did that answer your question?)
Sorry, I was referring to the Wyze Lock Bolt. This one had the fingerprint sensor. It is this metal plate. Video
Aug 22, 2012
28 posts
9 upvotes
lsafrany wrote: +1 Got 3 of these for my parents and they work great
I seconds that, I got one of the fingerprint Wyze bolt locks from the states, its amazing. Very well built and works every time.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)