Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

X-Rite i1Display Studio (Colourimeter) - $214.01

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2020 4:16 pm
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] X-Rite i1Display Studio (Colourimeter) - $214.01

This should go well with some of the recent monitor purchases.

Product specs:
https://xritephoto.com/ph_product_overv ... &catid=156

3 left in stock. * You need to select Amazon from the list of shopping options.

Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca.
EODISSTU.PNG
18 replies
Jan 8, 2019
187 posts
809 upvotes
that's like half the cost of a monitor Flushed FaceFlushed Face
Does anyone know of any cheaper alternatives?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
8237 posts
1413 upvotes
Montreal
I have this and it's great!

Calibrate my monitors every couple of months...

You can also calibrate your iOS Devices with this with their App which is free from the App Store...

There are people actually charging to calibrate your monitors with this on Kijiji... LOL!!!
Apr 21, 2020
149 posts
160 upvotes
I have a red spyder,but it works well for these old computers&monitors,I always update my laptops,so good deal for those really need them
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
11102 posts
6746 upvotes
Toronto
Can we buy this calibrate and return? Tia
Jun 16, 2007
366 posts
120 upvotes
McLaren__F1 wrote: Can we buy this calibrate and return? Tia
If that's how your moral compass works, yes. But why even wait for a sale? Just get the Pro Plus model and return it.

/s
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1971 posts
2109 upvotes
Moncton
MuffinHombre wrote: Do these work with TV calibrations?
Not really. There are probably manual methods of doing it, but it'd be a long drawn out process and a person might as well just adjust by eye.

This is designed to create a computer generated profile for colour accuracy.
Koodo 33GB UL T&T @ $48 (waiting on my tab to switch to a better/cheaper plan)
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2018
1621 posts
1786 upvotes
QC, Canada
ForbiddenX wrote: This or the SpyderX?
I have a SpyderX on order for C$170 (all in; taxes, duties, and free shipping to Canada) - it was on deal at BHPhoto NYC (US$99+free ship to Canada). SpyderX will usually be cheaper but I've heard that i1D is the better one. Since I am not a professional, and want to use for hobbyist calibration, I just got what was cheaper :) TBH, for casual use, a SpyderX is just as good as the i1D, imo.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2018
1621 posts
1786 upvotes
QC, Canada
You can certainly use this to calibrate TVs (at least the RGB, and brightness). The ICC/profiling won't help since it's more of an OS-level thing.

For context, the "calibration" happens in 2 parts:

1. The calibration of RGB/brightness.
2. Profiling and loading up the ICC on Windows/Mac.

The second one is what won't work for a TV unless when it's connected to a computer that has the profile loaded.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2018
1621 posts
1786 upvotes
QC, Canada
sswilson wrote: Not really. There are probably manual methods of doing it, but it'd be a long drawn out process and a person might as well just adjust by eye.

This is designed to create a computer generated profile for colour accuracy.
You can actually use this for TVs - at least partially/under the condition of the panel being hooked up to a computer. See my post: amazon-ca-x-rite-i1display-studio-colou ... #p32638377
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1971 posts
2109 upvotes
Moncton
sid8tive wrote: You can certainly use this to calibrate TVs (at least the RGB, and brightness). The ICC/profiling won't help since it's more of an OS-level thing.

For context, the "calibration" happens in 2 parts:

1. The calibration of RGB/brightness.
2. Profiling and loading up the ICC on Windows/Mac.

The second one is what won't work for a TV unless when it's connected to a computer that has the profile loaded.
More specifically... the profile will only work for content that's played through the computer.
Koodo 33GB UL T&T @ $48 (waiting on my tab to switch to a better/cheaper plan)
Jan 24, 2010
107 posts
189 upvotes
Vancouver
This unit works incredibly with TVs, but you need a few additional things...
I use it in my LGOLEDC8 and LGOLEDC9.
The software I use is CalMAN Home for LG. ($145USD). This is all you need for the LGOLEDC9 since it amazingly has a built in pattern generator.
For the LGOLEDC8, you also need to use an external pattern generator that can be pretty pricey.
I highly recommend this i1 and the CalMAN software for anyone who owns an LGOLEDC9
Jan 24, 2010
107 posts
189 upvotes
Vancouver
This unit works incredibly with TVs, but you need a few additional things...
I use it in my LGOLEDC8 and LGOLEDC9.
The software I use is CalMAN Home for LG. ($145USD). This is all you need for the LGOLEDC9 since it amazingly has a built in pattern generator.
For the LGOLEDC8, you also need to use an external pattern generator that can be pretty pricey.
I highly recommend this i1 and the CalMAN software for anyone who owns an LGOLEDC9
Aug 15, 2019
636 posts
757 upvotes
How about for non oled tvs. I have a Q8C model so its LED backlit LCD TV & curved.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7805 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
MuffinHombre wrote: How about for non oled tvs. I have a Q8C model so its LED backlit LCD TV & curved.
Check the CalMan website. Not every manufacturer is self-calibration friendly.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2006
5264 posts
2270 upvotes
Vancouver
sid8tive wrote: I have a SpyderX on order for C$170 (all in; taxes, duties, and free shipping to Canada) - it was on deal at BHPhoto NYC (US$99+free ship to Canada). SpyderX will usually be cheaper but I've heard that i1D is the better one. Since I am not a professional, and want to use for hobbyist calibration, I just got what was cheaper :) TBH, for casual use, a SpyderX is just as good as the i1D, imo.
Gotta say that I did not like the software that came with my Xrite i1 Display Pro. I use an open source software solution to calibrate (Argyll + dispcalGUI_

Big thing was that neither the fast calibrate mode (5 minutes) or a custom mode smoothed out the gradients I could spot in a gray scale test image.

A long time ago I found the Spyder software easier to use - not sure where the current product is at but a recent review of the new unit was positive.