Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Xbox Elite Controller 2 - 193.87$

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2022 10:13 pm
Nov 20, 2013
78 posts
234 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Xbox Elite Controller 2 - 193.87$

The Xbox elite controller 2 is on sale at Amazon.ca for 193.87$. Great price for a great Controller.

You can also request a price match at Bestbuy
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 19th, 2022 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: cleaned up url
75 replies
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
176 posts
303 upvotes
I'd suggest getting the Razer Wolverine V2 /chroma or Victrix Gambit instead.

I've seen many complaints that these elite controllers do not last.
Aug 29, 2007
696 posts
295 upvotes
Montreal
any deals floating around for regular Xbox series controllers? Seems like those are the best ones right now given all the elite issues..
Nov 20, 2013
78 posts
234 upvotes
Your 2 controllers are wired controllers, isn't the same thing. These are great controllers but they can't compare, wired controller isn't for everyone
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1466 posts
2212 upvotes
Toronto
$200 for a controller? Can it make me a coffee in the morning?
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1954 upvotes
Elmira
Holy Moly. What the hell is this thing, and why does it cost 200 bucks?

Is it made any better than their Series X controllers? Because those are a gigantic pile of s**t -- owned 2 and already both developed drift from simply playing Overwatch. RMA process with Microsoft has been a literal nightmare. They replaced my expensive Forza Horizon custom with a refurb instead of doing an actual exchange. Microsoft is the worst of the worst.
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
176 posts
303 upvotes
InthaBrain wrote: Your 2 controllers are wired controllers, isn't the same thing. These are great controllers but they can't compare, wired controller isn't for everyone
Well... They are in the same category of controllers(competitive gamers). The Elite series 2 is for wireless players and casuals. Not sweaty try hards.

A casual player isn't going to spend $200 + on a controller.

The power a spectra is a better budget option then the two I listed.

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/gaming/g ... lsrc=aw.ds

These elite series 2 is prone to failure so it's difficult to recommend to people.

Last edited by Guest23498438 on Apr 19th, 2022 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nov 9, 2014
59 posts
76 upvotes
For sure thought that "controller 2" meant 2 controllers. Wtf 200 lol
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2020
1125 posts
1797 upvotes
Great controllers if they lasted.

But the quality on these are just trash.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
3297 posts
3195 upvotes
Why is everyone talking about the price as if it’s crazy? The controllers with all plastic, no extra parts, no customization and no case are nearly $100 already. What did you expect?

Anyway, this controller would be good if it didn’t seem to have quality issues.
Mar 25, 2012
211 posts
503 upvotes
NB
Kevcorm wrote: Why is everyone talking about the price as if it’s crazy? The controllers with all plastic, no extra parts, no customization and no case are nearly $100 already. What did you expect?

Anyway, this controller would be good if it didn’t seem to have quality issues.
It's because it's an "XBox controller", so people are assuming it's a standard controller. And $200 is scary for a standard controller, since those are around $90. Consoles don't tend to have casual VS competitive peripherals like PC does, so an actual, expensive "pro" controller is a weird concept for a lot of console players.

And saying "Elite" doesn't mean anything to people who don't know enough about the subject, since buzzwords get thrown around all the time. A "Pro" Switch controller is the same price as Joycons. The only thing that's conveying something fancy about this controller is that it's frickin' expensive, so people are curious.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2017
1116 posts
2114 upvotes
Vancouver
I'll just go against the grain here and say I bought one of these last year and it has been phenomenal. I haven't had any issues, the weight and components feel well crafted and the battery lasts forever. I recommend it to anyone that asks.

That being said, the price is hefty, and it's not for everyone. I got it with PC points during a points redemption event which doesn't quite hit the wallet the same way.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Still cheaper right now for US ($140 USD from Microsoft Store).
I'm kind of holding out for a 3rd version that hopefully they finally get right on durability, it's too much for something that might not even last as long as a cheap regular controller.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1466 posts
2212 upvotes
Toronto
BinaryJay wrote: Still cheaper right now for US ($140 USD from Microsoft Store).
I'm kind of holding out for a 3rd version that hopefully they finally get right on durability, it's too much for something that might not even last as long as a cheap regular controller.
How do people even break controllers? In my NES, Sega Genesis, N64, PS1, PS2, Gamecube, PS3, PS4, XBOX ONE, Nintendo Switch, Oculus Quest days, ive never broken a controller not once
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2009
1163 posts
249 upvotes
should go down with version 3 releasing, I bought mine last year from the source for 170$ and its been great, just have to make sure you update the controller. I use mine primarily for shooters on PC (Cyberpunk, COD, Apex) but also D2R, I can only guess its people that rage that are complaining the buttons don't last.
Boom Boom Pow!
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2019
1554 posts
2677 upvotes
aztecking wrote: should go down with version 3 releasing, I bought mine last year from the source for 170$ and its been great, just have to make sure you update the controller. I use mine primarily for shooters on PC (Cyberpunk, COD, Apex) but also D2R, I can only guess its people that rage that are complaining the buttons don't last.
That sounds like a pretty good deal, I'm on the fence right now
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1598 posts
1609 upvotes
Orleans, ON
DealOrNoDeal55 wrote: How do people even break controllers? In my NES, Sega Genesis, N64, PS1, PS2, Gamecube, PS3, PS4, XBOX ONE, Nintendo Switch, Oculus Quest days, ive never broken a controller not once
The only controller I've ever "broken" was the gen1 Elite because the rubber grips literally started peeling off. It was (is?) a common issue and I don't believe there was anything I could do about it. It's literally the only controller I've ever used that couldn't handle being used normally. lol

Will never buy one again.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
2056 posts
554 upvotes
Mississauga
Awesome controller. I've been using it for over a year, no issues.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2007
1567 posts
1534 upvotes
Lowfiguy8 wrote: I'd suggest getting the Razer Wolverine V2 /chroma or Victrix Gambit instead.

I've seen many complaints that these elite controllers do not last.
I'd recommend the normal Xbox Controllers over either of those.
Oct 9, 2005
135 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
Best controller on the planet if you get one that works. Nothing else comes close.

If you get one that works.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)