Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Xbox Elite Controller 2 - 193.87$

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2022 10:13 pm
Jul 4, 2020
34 posts
128 upvotes
RedFlagCrake wrote: I'll just go against the grain here and say I bought one of these last year and it has been phenomenal. I haven't had any issues, the weight and components feel well crafted and the battery lasts forever. I recommend it to anyone that asks.

That being said, the price is hefty, and it's not for everyone. I got it with PC points during a points redemption event which doesn't quite hit the wallet the same way.

I second this. Mine was an anniversary gift from my wife close to a year ago.

It’s been great. That battery life is no joke and the build quality is excellent. No issues yet, but I’m an adult and take care of my stuff.
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
176 posts
303 upvotes
Flunk wrote: I'd recommend the normal Xbox Controllers over either of those.
The normal Xbox controllers aren't good for competitive play. If you're gaming casual, then have fun. But the back paddles/button and trigger stops give you a huge advantage for competitve play.

Even when I play Elden ring. I love using the top middle bumper to run and dodge. I'd hate to have to move my finger or use my thumb to hit the b button each time.

The ergonomics of the Razer Wolverine V2 chroma are phenomenal. I have big hands and the controller is so comfy. The new series s/x controllers are so tiny now. The best feature of the Razer Wolverine V2 chroma is the mechanical switches and dpad. It's just so satisfying and feels so good to use.

I don't have experience with the victrix Gambit, but I've heard it's good.

Another great option is the power a spectra. Such a good budget option for competitive play. The only downside is you cannot charge up a plasma pistol in halo.

Only issues I have with the Elite Series 2 is reliability. If it had stellar reliability, then it would be a great controller. But it has too many issues and $200+ for it with so many issues is unacceptable.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
DealOrNoDeal55 wrote: How do people even break controllers? In my NES, Sega Genesis, N64, PS1, PS2, Gamecube, PS3, PS4, XBOX ONE, Nintendo Switch, Oculus Quest days, ive never broken a controller not once
You don't break them, they just break. Drift, button problems etc. Just search Xbox elite reliability for yourself.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1876 posts
1480 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
I bought one at launch in Nov 2019, held up very well playing MW then Warzone every night other than L3 became mushy from jamming it in for sprint in cod. Sent it in for warranty near the end of a year and they sent me a new one. Over a year on the new one and no stick drift. I switch to auto tac sprint so no issues with L3. Happy with my purchase.

I will 100% buy another one or the V3 version if it comes out once this one dies. No way I can go back to no pedals and trigger stops.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2015
1500 posts
2329 upvotes
Modern controllers are made with cheap parts, especially the joysticks. I bought a SCUF instinct pro that cost $210 USD and had stick drift on both sticks put of the box.

Keep in mind, the folks buying these controllers are also more knowledgeable about faults and flaws, and also spending hundreds of more hours playing games that only increases the wear and tear. Beyond the fancy design and certain features, the internal parts are identical to the base controllers.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5962 posts
1066 upvotes
Calgary
BinaryJay wrote: You don't break them, they just break. Drift, button problems etc. Just search Xbox elite reliability for yourself.
I assume directional sticks are easier to wear out than directional pad.
I've also never break any nes joypads but I have worn out quite a few Gravis joysticks back in the days.
Apr 23, 2020
249 posts
126 upvotes
The weight alone makes this controller feel so good. Paddles are great etc. just the QC issues..
Dec 23, 2012
173 posts
172 upvotes
L'Ile Perrot
Lowfiguy8 wrote: I'd suggest getting the Razer Wolverine V2 /chroma or Victrix Gambit instead.

I've seen many complaints that these elite controllers do not last.
Had a friend justify the cost of this new one with "yeah but my last one lasted 2 years".
I was like, "my $60 one on sale lasted 6 and is still in perfect condition wtf?"

I would definitely prefer a Razer controller but they don't have a wireless option, which I would prefer.
Mar 9, 2020
370 posts
702 upvotes
If you're at all handy I'd suggest just buying a good looking one with stick drift issues on ebay.
I got my elite 2 for $60 in box and it looked new.
left stick drift, right shoulder non working, left trigger sticky issue.

all fixed easily in less than an hour without even swapping in any new parts. no soldering.
a foam sticker fell off the trigger and jammed things up and the stick drift was fixed with a simple wiggle of the potentiometer.
been working fine since.
I have a new stick to solder on should I need to ($10 for 2 on amazon) but haven't needed to yet.
Jun 25, 2005
849 posts
522 upvotes
I have both a Gen1 (3 years old, refurb) and a Gen2 (6 months) and no issues. I'm not a crazy gamer but it is extremely comfortable to use and I like the customizability for the d-pad, buttons and triggers. My son and I fought over who could use it first so I picked up a second one.

As for unreliable gamepads, the Nintendo Switch joycons take the cake. They are fixable but were so uncomfortable, I had to switch out to multiple Switch Pro controllers.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2021
1027 posts
2287 upvotes
Aren't these things BRUTAL for quality control? All i hear is terrible reviews
Tech Guy Beau
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2004
1290 posts
295 upvotes
aztecking wrote: should go down with version 3 releasing, I bought mine last year from the source for 170$ and its been great, just have to make sure you update the controller. I use mine primarily for shooters on PC (Cyberpunk, COD, Apex) but also D2R, I can only guess its people that rage that are complaining the buttons don't last.
Rage has nothing to do with buttons and bumpers that don't work. Some don't even work properly out of the box. Perhaps those people were angrily opening up their boxes.

Like others have said, and this is going back to the Series 1, the QC issues are garbage.
Feb 21, 2008
439 posts
218 upvotes
I've had issues now with 4 Xbox controllers over the last seven years.

One of them drifts, another's D-pad no longer works, one has an extremely sensitive D-pad and the last one I got with the Series S turns on, connects, but no longer accepts input from any action.

Xbox controllers don't last...
Apr 11, 2011
416 posts
314 upvotes
Montreal
I've one since a few months + regular xbox controllers + nintendo switch pro controllers + ps5 controllers ...
I don't really like Xbox X controllers, they are too small imho, reaching LB and RB buttons is "hard" somehow, I prefer Switch/PS5 controllers.
Aside from that, I have no particular issue with the Elite controller ... well and aside the letters on the buttons are too dark, which makes them harder to see.
At this price, you would think they would have RGB leds like on a keyboard.
The Elite feels slightly better than the regular xbox controllers but not worth the extra money imho.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
2095 posts
992 upvotes
YYC
Thanks op, price matched at BB. My elite 1 is finally started to go after a few years now. Hopefully no issues with this one. Microsoft increased their warranty I believe and you can purchase longer directly through them. It's definitely the best controller on the market.
Sep 18, 2009
504 posts
223 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Mephod wrote: Aren't these things BRUTAL for quality control? All i hear is terrible reviews
Yes, the longevity for these controllers is not good. Lots of reports of them breaking down fast out there, even after MS said they improved the durability.

I have personally went through 3 of these exact elite v2 controllers. I bought it at launch, 3 months in I got a sticky A button. Back at release you only had 3 months of warranty, and I had to argue with MS to have it returned.
Got another one, 2 months later sticky RB bumper. I would press it once and it would count the input twice, or it wouldn't count it at all.
Got a third, stick drift like crazy. I gave up and it's sitting in my drawer.

I love the feel of it, but I can't with the QC on these things, I just can't do it anymore. My elite V1 had the grips peel off, so much trouble with the elite V2 that I posted above. The funny thing is I love the xbox controller shape and feel, and I have tons of their controllers. Their regular controllers have lasted way longer for me compared to their elites.
Suckered me twice, won't be a third time.
Feb 21, 2008
439 posts
218 upvotes
I am going to try to price match at BestBuy and buy the 3 year warranty. It's an extra $65, but I will surely get a refund when an issue occurs.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
2712 posts
1058 upvotes
Yeah, expect to use the warranty on this if you buy it. Extended warranty purchase is probably a good call too (or buy with a credit card for warranty purposes).

These things are so great, just be warned.
Banned
Apr 21, 2022
4 posts
9 upvotes
Big upgrade from the first xbox elite controller. The build quality is seems a lot better and a lot of cool features.
Dec 26, 2012
828 posts
764 upvotes
Hamilton
the people that are saying "this is great except the reliability issues" are ridiculous. it's not like the quality control is a small thing to ignore. that makes it a non-starter in my issue.

"best controller if you get one that works"

no thank you, not at that price.