Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Xbox Elite Controller 2 - 193.87$

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2022 10:13 pm
Sep 25, 2012
105 posts
194 upvotes
I've got one and I'm not a pro online gamer (I pretty much only play single player games), here's my quick review of the pros and cons:

Pros:
- Feels great. The textured rubber finish has a really premium. Great weight.
- [Dad bonus] I've got a new baby who feeds a lot. I can play Forza Horizon with one hand because I can map gas and brake to the rear paddles and steer with my thumb. Or mapping the horn to the back paddles so when I'm playing eliminator mode I don't have to do the awkward right stick click while trying to tilt the stick at the same time. I don't always use the paddles but when I find a use I'm always really glad I have them.
- My hands have a lot of fatigue from games and typing my whole life so being able to adjust the triggers so they bottom out much higher allows me to both shoot faster and go easier on my hands
- You can adjust the stick resistance. I found my favorite feel and just stuck with it but it's really nice and I notice a difference when I move back to regular contollers.
- The carrying case has a wireless charger built in with a usb-c port out the back so you can use your case as a charging dock which is a great touch.

Cons:
- it is really expensive, there's no denying that. Even on sale.
- My "a" button and the xbox logo button got a bit sticky for a while. I did spill some baby formula on it though so that might be the issue.
- It probably won't make you a better gamer, you'll just suck at it faster
- If you want to use this just for PC, the firmware is likely out of date out of the box and won't function properly. You can't update the firmware on PC, it needs to be connected to an xbox (one, series s/x)

Overall I do recommend it, you'll probably know if it's right for you or not.

Shoppers also carries these:

https://shop.shoppersdrugmart.ca/Shop/C ... ce=certona

If you get the right points event it might be the cheapest way to get it or just dump some points get one. I did the redeem 200k for $300 and got it and a game.
Aug 26, 2010
232 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
I tried the Razer Wolverine first and in the beginning it was great, but the back buttons are really stiff and caused my hands to cramp after long sessions. Switched over to these ones and the experience has been great. The back buttons on these are closer to the grip so it's easier to reach. The feel and weight of these feel like it's quality. I've been using mine for about 6 months and I've got nothing but great things to say. Since it's Amazon, keep returning it until you get a good one. Once you get a good one, nothing else really compares in the Xbox side of things.
Oct 9, 2005
122 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
Cowboy905 wrote: the people that are saying "this is great except the reliability issues" are ridiculous. it's not like the quality control is a small thing to ignore. that makes it a non-starter in my issue.

"best controller if you get one that works"

no thank you, not at that price.
If you want a great controller, there aren't a lot of options. None that are as good as this. So part of the cost of buying this controller is going through a bunch of returns to get a good one. It's not any different than the LCD panel lottery a lot of people play when they buy a $3000 TV. It can be worth it if you know what you're getting into.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20109 posts
8100 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
mattcoady wrote:
- If you want to use this just for PC, the firmware is likely out of date out of the box and won't function properly. You can't update the firmware on PC, it needs to be connected to an xbox (one, series s/x)
You just use the same xbox accessories app on Windows to update controllers.

https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9NBLGGH30XJ3
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1512 posts
1708 upvotes
Ottawa
Eniac360 wrote: I've had issues now with 4 Xbox controllers over the last seven years.

One of them drifts, another's D-pad no longer works, one has an extremely sensitive D-pad and the last one I got with the Series S turns on, connects, but no longer accepts input from any action.

Xbox controllers don't last...

The last issue you mentioned is very fixable. Google it.
Apr 14, 2006
840 posts
92 upvotes
Ontario
Price dropped to $189.82 now. Might get one.
Feb 21, 2008
394 posts
180 upvotes
I price-matched this successfully at the Bay and Dundas BestBuy location in downtown, Toronto.
Aug 17, 2012
638 posts
572 upvotes
COQUITLAM
If I'm spending $200 on a controller, I'm getting a Battle Beaver and fully customize every aspect of it to my liking.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1219 posts
815 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm surprised no one posted the "ah shit, here we go again" meme on this. Way too much hate on this product in my view. If you are an FPS enthusiast on XBox with a few extra bucks in your pocket this thing is practically mandatory.

I got plenty of years out of my Series 1, but it finally succumbed to drift after playing piles of Apex Legends. Grip was peeling a bit too.

Pro-tip, do not have sprint mapped to a thumbstick. Map it to a paddle instead.

I went out and replaced it with the Series 2 and it has been super solid.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4148 posts
1314 upvotes
QC
Got one of these controller. While I'm a big fan of replaceable batteries, I like the battery pack from this one. The extra weight and rugged grip are very nice. I leave the controller overnight over a week. No drifting issue.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2004
3814 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
Did anyone happen to get an extra one they don't want?
Proud supporter of Tour for Kids and Ride for Karen!

Come chat live with other RFD'ers on IRC! #redflagdeals on EFNet!

Peace!
Feb 22, 2006
544 posts
137 upvotes
/me laughs with his mouse and keyboard setup

Just having a little fun, console players are currently being trash fires in World War Z.
Jul 11, 2021
125 posts
188 upvotes
deeznuts wrote:
Pro-tip, do not have sprint mapped to a thumbstick. Map it to a paddle instead.
You can save yourself 140$ and use Joytokey on PC with any xbox like controller, and map a dpad key or anything that you seldom use to a modifier button. Then pressing that modifier button + any other key doubles your buttons on your controller. Most games you can easily map sprint to A X Y B buttons freeing up less used buttons with this method, it just requires spending brain cells instead of 140$ more for some extra paddles.

I do this for Albion online, a MMO that requires every button on a controller, more than any singleplayer game for sure. With some creativity it's easy to map discord PTT, macros, and anything else this way. Or you can spend 200$ on a controller lol.
Jul 16, 2021
365 posts
653 upvotes
CJDealz wrote: You can save yourself 140$ and use Joytokey on PC with any xbox like controller, and map a dpad key or anything that you seldom use to a modifier button. Then pressing that modifier button + any other key doubles your buttons on your controller. Most games you can easily map sprint to A X Y B buttons freeing up less used buttons with this method, it just requires spending brain cells instead of 140$ more for some extra paddles.

I do this for Albion online, a MMO that requires every button on a controller, more than any singleplayer game for sure. With some creativity it's easy to map discord PTT, macros, and anything else this way. Or you can spend 200$ on a controller lol.
its like a porsche and corrolla they both get you to point B. but the feel is different. except this is only 140 hardly need to use brain cells. some people spend a ton of time on their gaming.
Jul 11, 2021
125 posts
188 upvotes
bob12344 wrote: its like a porsche and corrolla they both get you to point B. but the feel is different. except this is only 140 hardly need to use brain cells. some people spend a ton of time on their gaming.
For this comparison to make sense to me you'd need to explain to me the difference in quality.

There is no disadvantage performance wise using my method.

There is a huge performance difference between a porsche and corrolla.

Sorry I don't equate a better dpad and thumbstick grips to the performance difference of your comparison.
Jul 16, 2021
365 posts
653 upvotes
CJDealz wrote: For this comparison to make sense to me you'd need to explain to me the difference in quality.

There is no disadvantage performance wise using my method.

There is a huge performance difference between a porsche and corrolla.

Sorry I don't equate a better dpad and thumbstick grips to the performance difference of your comparison.
whatever. still one is made of plastic. the other has a better feel in your hands. it has way more functions. you obviously have no idea what you're talking about, it's not that big of a premium the new controllers costs 80.00 plus taxes. this is 180 on sale plus everything else included in the box and the software
Jul 11, 2021
125 posts
188 upvotes
bob12344 wrote: whatever. still one is made of plastic. the other has a better feel in your hands. it has way more functions. you obviously have no idea what you're talking about, it's not that big of a premium the new controllers costs 80.00 plus taxes. this is 180 on sale plus everything else included in the box and the software
I mean if you read my post you can see I am competent with controllers and I do know what I am talking about.

I have bought xbox one controllers for 49.99$ that perform equally as well competitively as this controller that is basically 4x the price.

If your comparison was driving an Audi 4x4 with heated seats in the winter vs a corolla I'd say it somewhat makes sense; one clearly seems more premium.

But skill wise, gameplay wise, performance wise it's the same thing at 4x the price made for people too dumb to remap like I mentioned and would rather have extra bumpers instead.

I prefer to replace my controllers regularly, not spend 4x the price for no reason.
Jul 16, 2021
365 posts
653 upvotes
CJDealz wrote: I mean if you read my post you can see I am competent with controllers and I do know what I am talking about.

I have bought xbox one controllers for 49.99$ that perform equally as well competitively as this controller that is basically 4x the price.

If your comparison was driving an Audi 4x4 with heated seats in the winter vs a corolla I'd say it somewhat makes sense; one clearly seems more premium.

But skill wise, gameplay wise, performance wise it's the same thing at 4x the price made for people too dumb to remap like I mentioned and would rather have extra bumpers instead.

I prefer to replace my controllers regularly, not spend 4x the price for no reason.
hardly 4x the price. you lost it bud
Jul 11, 2021
125 posts
188 upvotes
bob12344 wrote: hardly 4x the price. you lost it bud
Let me simply this for you. How many 50 dollar bills makes $200? :facepalm:
Jul 16, 2021
365 posts
653 upvotes
Dont forget you also got to add all of the features extra in your price including the charging dock case and battery and paddle in the back then multiply by 4
Its like im talking to a child. Dont buy it if you dont want it but gtfo