• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2015 6:14 pm
Tags:
60 replies
Jul 30, 2009
357 posts
584 upvotes
Perfect in for one. Probably will pm
"Wow, this thread is like a pen full of donkeys and then I went to that link and it was like going into a stripper room with no strippers." Acid_
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4054 posts
3097 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
chhotadon wrote: Wired play on PC
Wired or wireless play on Xbox One
Thx OP.

Buy them by the half dozen, folks! If you game more than once or twice a week, you'll be replacing them every six months. I'm on controller number four, and the XBone was purchased for Xmas 2013 (18 months ago). All three suffered from left stick drift.
Microsoft warranties their peripherals for only 90 days. If you have a credit card that gives you extended warranty, definitely use it here.
Sep 12, 2012
928 posts
866 upvotes
Toronto
Don't even have a xbone but bought one. Great Price, Thanks OP
Dec 27, 2013
230 posts
212 upvotes
Planet Earth
MrFrugal1 wrote: Thx OP.

Buy them by the half dozen, folks! If you game more than once or twice a week, you'll be replacing them every six months. I'm on controller number four, and the XBone was purchased for Xmas 2013 (18 months ago). All three suffered from left stick drift.
Microsoft warranties their peripherals for only 90 days. If you have a credit card that gives you extended warranty, definitely use it here.
I've had two break on me also. I just buy a new one and return the old one, giving my reason for return as its broken. They can send it back to Microsoft and they can deal with it. I'm not gonna keep buying a new controller every year. Still have my original X360 controllers and all work fine. Screw you M$!
Apr 13, 2011
258 posts
220 upvotes
Vancouver
MrFrugal1 wrote: Thx OP.

Wow, I learned something new today. I had no idea controller cycling is a thing nowadays. Shame on MS for their poor quality control (pun intended).
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2009
1138 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto
Last gen it was Sony skimping on controller build quality, now it's Microsoft. They take turns, like good cop/bad cop.
[QUOTE]Bucian66: I hate how condescending some users are towards others. I just wish they would be banned. Earlier: At least I've actually put effort in posting links to show the pricing. What have you done? No links to last years Black Friday sales? No links to Boxing Day sales? What a troll.[/QUOTE]
Sep 16, 2012
714 posts
568 upvotes
GTA/London
Huh, I've had my XBone controller for almost 2 years now and I've only had to replace it once (triggers werent placed correctly), if anything the cord on the 360 for me was really fragile which is why I switched to the XBone, switchable cord.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1674 upvotes
Toronto
I need a new controller, was trying to get one with the 3.5mm jack and the new bumpers ... or possibly wait for elite ... but is it worth holding out for a deal (msrp at 64.99 too high)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1674 upvotes
Toronto
If you check out the third party sellers,

99% positive over the past 12 months. (4,786 total ratings)

$38.99 + Prime Fufilled by Amazon...
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4054 posts
3097 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
okjai wrote: Wow, I learned something new today. I had no idea controller cycling is a thing nowadays. Shame on MS for their poor quality control (pun intended).
Microsoft reportedly spent $100 million developing the "new" XBone controller. Since there really aren't any groundbreaking, (breaking, yes, groundbreaking, not so much), improvements to the "new" controller, my theory is that they invested most of that money on determining mean failure times that wouldn't P.O. the the largest segment of their customers.

It's the new profit centre. Like in the old days, when Kodak sold you a film camera for below cost, knowing that you'd have to buy the film, and have it developed by them.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2008
1045 posts
396 upvotes
Calgary
As someone who has 5 XB1 controllers I can attest to their poor build quality. 3 of em had issues straight out of the box. Squeaky triggers, inconsistent bumpers, analog stick problems.
The Best Deals Are The Unadvertised Ones
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4054 posts
3097 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
FranklyPiper wrote: I've had two break on me also. I just buy a new one and return the old one, giving my reason for return as its broken. They can send it back to Microsoft and they can deal with it. I'm not gonna keep buying a new controller every year. Still have my original X360 controllers and all work fine. Screw you M$!
I bought a used 360 Elite at an auction. I have no idea how much usage the controllers had before I bought it, but I used
them extensively for three years prior to buying the XBone, and both of them are still working just fine as of today.
Aug 22, 2013
327 posts
96 upvotes
Edmonton
damn. i must have got lucky with my day one edition controller. works perfectly fine.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
3192 posts
875 upvotes
Toronto
i need a ps4 dualshock 4 to come down to this price
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2571 posts
5741 upvotes
Windsor
I had three xbox one controllers but only problem I had was the sticky A button of the day one controller. As for DS4, the build quality is even worse than DS3.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4054 posts
3097 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
FYI: Unless you have an Amazon Prime account, you will have to pay $5 for shipping and handling.
I'm pretty sure I picked up a controller for 39.99 at Best Buy a while back, so if you can, wait, or try a PM there.
May 18, 2006
948 posts
395 upvotes
is this 2nd gen or 1st? there were several improvements in 2nd gen
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4054 posts
3097 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Deusfaux wrote: is this 2nd gen or 1st? there were several improvements in 2nd gen
Can you point to a reference regarding second gen improvements?
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
22351 posts
7592 upvotes
Good price but I'm waiting on that pro stick they announced recently...