Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Xbox One Core Controller - Robot White - $64.98 / Carbon Black - $64.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2021 3:41 pm
[OP]
Member
Nov 24, 2014
318 posts
302 upvotes
Windsor, ON

[Amazon.ca] Xbox One Core Controller - Robot White - $64.98 / Carbon Black - $64.99

The Xbox One Core Controller - Carbon Black and Robot White controllers are on sale on Amazon.ca

- Xbox Wireless and Bluetooth technology for wireless gaming on consoles, PCs, phones, and tablets
- Custom button mapping
- Textured grip on triggers, bumpers, and back case
- Hybrid D-pad
- Share button

The white controller is 1 cent cheaper than the black.

Not a spectacular sale, but a decent discount if you're in the market.

It doesn't seem to be discounted elsewhere, although I haven't checked meticulously.

51gNmD2-otL._AC_SL1200_[1].jpg
61z3GQgEPZL._AC_SL1200_[1].jpg
15 replies
Newbie
Dec 16, 2020
29 posts
27 upvotes
Not a deal, is it ? Not as often now but these do get down to 50ish.
Member
Oct 17, 2009
380 posts
338 upvotes
Not the best but I needed it right away and loved the 10 bucks off. thanks op!!
Sr. Member
Feb 14, 2006
591 posts
536 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
ShonanLife wrote: Not a deal, is it ? Not as often now but these do get down to 50ish.
I believe youre thinking of the Xbox one model controllers. The photos are showing these are the new 'redesigned' series X model with that extra button, and $79 price tag. I've used both, they are slightly different, and I would prefer the minor improvements in the series X design over the one. This is listed as an Xbox one controller however. Not sure which part of the listing is inaccurate. I believe the 2 button Xbox one controllers are likely ending shelf life with this replacing them.

Here is the launched with Xbox one controller
https://www.amazon.ca/Xbox-Wireless-Con ... P560QNGMSA
Jr. Member
Nov 11, 2010
112 posts
107 upvotes
GTA/Niagara
Ruciz wrote: I believe youre thinking of the Xbox one model controllers. The photos are showing these are the new 'redesigned' series X model with that extra button, and $79 price tag. I've used both, they are slightly different, and I would prefer the minor improvements in the series X design over the one. This is listed as an Xbox one controller however. Not sure which part of the listing is inaccurate. I believe the 2 button Xbox one controllers are likely ending shelf life with this replacing them.

Here is the launched with Xbox one controller
https://www.amazon.ca/Xbox-Wireless-Con ... P560QNGMSA
I grabbed a series x controller before christmas for $59 (which is compatible with xbox one btw), so they do get down to that price on occasion, but like OP says, this is pretty good if you need one right now.
Newbie
Dec 16, 2020
29 posts
27 upvotes
I'm talking about the newer Xbox one controller they you can use on PC etc as well with bt. My bad, is this a different one ?

the older Xbone o e is such a junk controller. Can't believe the mushiness of the buttons, my Dreamcast controller has more springiness. It's shocking to see such mushy buttons when the rest of the build is solid.
Ruciz wrote: I believe youre thinking of the Xbox one model controllers. The photos are showing these are the new 'redesigned' series X model with that extra button, and $79 price tag. I've used both, they are slightly different, and I would prefer the minor improvements in the series X design over the one. This is listed as an Xbox one controller however. Not sure which part of the listing is inaccurate. I believe the 2 button Xbox one controllers are likely ending shelf life with this replacing them.

Here is the launched with Xbox one controller
https://www.amazon.ca/Xbox-Wireless-Con ... P560QNGMSA
Last edited by ShonanLife on Feb 13th, 2021 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sr. Member
Feb 14, 2006
591 posts
536 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
ShonanLife wrote: You'd believe wrong old chap . The series one is not comparable. I'm talking about the series 2. I got mine off Amazon for 50.

But I do see them going into the 50s less often now.

...Still a junk controller. Can't believe the mushiness of the buttons, my Dreamcast controller has more springiness. It's shocking to see such mushy buttons when the rest of the build is solid.
Honestly have no idea about most of what you said here. I see 4 controllers being talked about and no idea what the difference between series one and series two and core and one models
Newbie
Dec 16, 2020
29 posts
27 upvotes
Ruciz wrote: Honestly have no idea about most of what you said here. I see 4 controllers being talked about and no idea what the difference between series one and series two and core and one models

My bad, I fixed my reply. I think this some newer one for the series x. I don't know the differences really either. Xbox had made all their stuff so confusing.
Newbie
Dec 26, 2014
68 posts
126 upvotes
Cobourg, ON
Thx...$10 saved is still $10 saved :-)
Sr. Member
Jul 13, 2011
511 posts
215 upvotes
Ottawa
ShonanLife wrote: Not a deal, is it ? Not as often now but these do get down to 50ish.
When have these been down to $50. the Series controllers are more expensive than the One controllers ($75vs460) and the discounts are the same ~$15.

The Series controllers go down to $60 and the Ones used to go down to $50
Newbie
Dec 16, 2020
29 posts
27 upvotes
ertmanius wrote: When have these been down to $50. the Series controllers are more expensive than the One controllers ($75vs460) and the discounts are the same ~$15.

The Series controllers go down to $60 and the Ones used to go down to $50
Yesh for sure - i didn't realise it was a series x controller being as it's called Xbox one core controller...my bad.
Member
Dec 14, 2012
412 posts
446 upvotes
Ottawa
A reminder is that iOS is going to support it by 14.5. But not now yet. You can try 14.5 beta if you can’t wait.
Sr. Member
Jul 13, 2011
511 posts
215 upvotes
Ottawa
ShonanLife wrote: Yesh for sure - i didn't realise it was a series x controller being as it's called Xbox one core controller...my bad.
I'd love for the price to go back down to $50 though.

One can dream.
Member
Nov 16, 2013
245 posts
390 upvotes
New Brunswick
Nothing special about this controller. I have 3 of them.

I have one from my Series X, and got one for $54.99 when Amazon.Ca listed them for presale at that price for some reason. Both developed sticky triggers, but I started an exchange process for the first one before the 2nd one developed the issue. Xbox sent me a free controller and I didn’t have to ship back the faulty one.

Because the issue was the same on both, and felt “sticky”, I opened up a controller to realize Microsoft put a small foam pad under the trigger for cushion. It is TINY. The glue under it gets warm and liquify after prolonged use, and thus that’s where the “stickiness” was from. Such a bad design flaw.

Anyways, it’s a “meh” controller for me. Gets the job done. But honestly doesn’t feel “premium”, it just feels “good”.

Edit: I should note that I fixed the issue by removing the foam pad and using alcohol to remove the remaining glue. My triggers are not silent anymore when pressed down fully, but they don’t stick and I got a free controller out of it.

Top