4305 posts
3366 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Xbox Series S - $379.99 / Series X - $599.99

Still available as of this post:

https://www.amazon.ca/Microsoft-RRS-000 ... B08G9J44ZN

XSX now available ($599.99):
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08H75RTZ8
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 22nd, 2021 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added url to url field
19 replies
Dec 16, 2019
87 posts
105 upvotes
Thanks OP in for one of each. I don't even need them Loudly Crying Face
Jan 18, 2016
678 posts
722 upvotes
Waterloo
Eviltwins wrote: Thanks OP in for one of each. I don't even need them Loudly Crying Face
If you dont need them may be spare for someone who actually need them.
Penalty Box
Jul 31, 2020
1158 posts
880 upvotes
Broskah wrote: Nobody wants the S
Ya, obviously anything that isnt constantly sold out and impossible to get isnt wanted by anyone.
Feb 24, 2008
88 posts
279 upvotes
Bradford
Kevcorm wrote: Ya, obviously anything that isnt constantly sold out and impossible to get isnt wanted by anyone.
lol, I guess so. MS is clearly doing something wrong by having them in stock.
Dec 24, 2012
540 posts
627 upvotes
Terrebonne
Kevcorm wrote: https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-new ... april-2021

ea boosted some framerates :) Im going to need a tv that can do 4k 120 fps now.
HOLY **** thanks for posting this! Battlefield V in 120fps here I come! I know what I'm doing tonight!

And Titanfall, loved that game, if anyone else still plays it I will go back to it
Last edited by KarlDag on Apr 22nd, 2021 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 24, 2012
540 posts
627 upvotes
Terrebonne
Broskah wrote: Nobody wants the S
My kids are too young for most Xbox games so they still play the Switch only, but if they were older I'd get then a Series X for sure.
Penalty Box
Jul 31, 2020
1158 posts
880 upvotes
unshavenyak wrote: OOS. Mods please kill.
Still some s systems, but I guess thats not super uncommon anymore.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
8107 posts
1639 upvotes
I'm itching to get a Series S for my older 1080P TV, but my damn laundry dryer just diededed and have to replace it :rolleyes:
Or.... I could just hang my clothes on a wire in the backyard Smiling Face With Sunglasses
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1482 posts
2035 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
Kevcorm wrote: https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-new ... april-2021

ea boosted some framerates :) Im going to need a tv that can do 4k 120 fps now.
Pretty awesome for sure, but one minor complaint...

Personally they should be focusing on getting games that are natively 30fps to 60fps as that gap is MUCH more noticeable. Don't get me wrong, 120fps is sick AF and I'm loving it, but a bunch of those were already 60fps...where there's tons of games that could benefit hugely from a bump to 60/120 from 30fps.

Especially when the vast majority of players have yet to adopt 120hz tvs (which will change over time). I can barely notice the difference from 60 to 120 on my set, but man, 30 to 60 is just a no brainer.
Feb 15, 2010
666 posts
600 upvotes
Surrey
ChippewaBarr wrote: Pretty awesome for sure, but one minor complaint...

Personally they should be focusing on getting games that are natively 30fps to 60fps as that gap is MUCH more noticeable. Don't get me wrong, 120fps is sick AF and I'm loving it, but a bunch of those were already 60fps...where there's tons of games that could benefit hugely from a bump to 60/120 from 30fps.

Especially when the vast majority of players have yet to adopt 120hz tvs (which will change over time). I can barely notice the difference from 60 to 120 on my set, but man, 30 to 60 is just a no brainer.
I certainly agree, but they're probably doing this as part of the deal they made to get EA Play as part of gamepass. Arguably shooters (which are the primary games in this bunch) benefit the most from 120fps. These games are also likely to have more active user bases so has the most "impact."

Hopefully, since this takes care of a majority of the EA play games, this will allow for the program to keep expanding to other games. I also like the idea of focusing on 60fps as that shouldn't be as challenging and require less optimization which means more games can get this treatment.
Penalty Box
Jul 31, 2020
1158 posts
880 upvotes
SirLookout4Deals wrote: I certainly agree, but they're probably doing this as part of the deal they made to get EA Play as part of gamepass. Arguably shooters (which are the primary games in this bunch) benefit the most from 120fps. These games are also likely to have more active user bases so has the most "impact."

Hopefully, since this takes care of a majority of the EA play games, this will allow for the program to keep expanding to other games. I also like the idea of focusing on 60fps as that shouldn't be as challenging and require less optimization which means more games can get this treatment.
I have been playing on pc for years, and 120 fps is good for almost any game really. That said, 30 fps is just barely playable and 60 fps should be the minimum. 30 fps was preferred for console devs because videos are around 30 fps, so their games would look worse than other games on a video if they targeted 60 fps. Assassins Creed Valhalla is a great example of a series where they claimed 30 fps was completely good enough, those games are so much better at 60 or more.