Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Xbox Series S in stock on September 20

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2021 5:37 pm
126 replies
Member
User avatar
Jan 8, 2014
359 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
Stop trying to push gamepass on us Microsoft, where are the Xbox Series X's?
"A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde
Newbie
Sep 17, 2020
9 posts
24 upvotes
These are easy to find at basically any retailer that sells them. Most people want a series x
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 13, 2015
2229 posts
2356 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Absolutely no point to get this now when series X is out.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 19, 2003
19845 posts
7448 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
blackbirdman wrote: Absolutely no point to get this now when series X is out.
I think you're getting confused about the Xbox One S.
I don't blame you, I blame Microsoft and their wonderful product naming.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21469 posts
25883 upvotes
I like the Series X, and I like Microsoft up to a point, but Series S is the Megabloks of Xbox.

This may be elitist, but it's almost annoying to be told SS is a deal.

God bless the effort, OP.
.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
1783 posts
991 upvotes
I think the Series S is great value especially if you have a large backlog of games to play on Game Pass
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 13, 2015
2229 posts
2356 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
BinaryJay wrote: I think you're getting confused about the Xbox One S.
I don't blame you, I blame Microsoft and their wonderful product naming.
????????
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 19, 2003
19845 posts
7448 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
blackbirdman wrote: ????????
Series S and Series X were both released at the same time, so I assumed you were talking about the One S when you said there was no point to get this now that Series X is out.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 13, 2015
2229 posts
2356 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
BinaryJay wrote: Series S and Series X were both released at the same time, so I assumed you were talking about the One S when you said there was no point to get this now that Series X is out.
Oh, Didn't know they came out the same time, I was trying to say, why would anyone get an inferior system over the Series X. I assume the Series S won't be able to play all the new titles that eventually the X would play, also the X is way more powerful, has more features and future proof.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 19, 2003
19845 posts
7448 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
blackbirdman wrote: Oh, Didn't know they came out the same time, I was trying to say, why would anyone get an inferior system over the Series X. I assume the Series S won't be able to play all the new titles that eventually the X would play, also the X is way more powerful, has more features and future proof.
The point would be that the Series S is cheaper, that's all. I'm PC myself, but my understanding is that Series S will play every game the Series X will just at a lower resolution mainly.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
4255 posts
5033 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights
I want PS5 with Nintendo in it
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 13, 2015
2229 posts
2356 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
BinaryJay wrote: The point would be that the Series S is cheaper, that's all. I'm PC myself, but my understanding is that Series S will play every game the Series X will just at a lower resolution mainly.
I see, but say someone already had an old xbox one, why would they want a Series S instead of an X. Logically would not make any sense. Guessing it's for those who never had the system and want a cheap xbox which would be series S? But that still wouldn't make sense to me, i would save up and add in the extra ~200 or whatever and get the X.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Member
Aug 19, 2011
290 posts
206 upvotes
blackbirdman wrote: I see, but say someone already had an old xbox one, why would they want a Series S instead of an X. Logically would not make any sense. Guessing it's for those who never had the system and want a cheap xbox which would be series S? But that still wouldn't make sense to me, i would save up and add in the extra ~200 or whatever and get the X.
Depends on priorities. I have a friend who picked up the Series S instead of the X. She plays on a 1080 display, has no desire to play in 4k, and buys all her games digitally.

I bought the Series X myself because my needs really are the inverse of hers, but she's pretty happy with the S.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 19, 2003
19845 posts
7448 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
blackbirdman wrote: I see, but say someone already had an old xbox one, why would they want a Series S instead of an X. Logically would not make any sense. Guessing it's for those who never had the system and want a cheap xbox which would be series S? But that still wouldn't make sense to me, i would save up and add in the extra ~200 or whatever and get the X.
Well I imagine eventually they'll get around to actually making next gen games that will only work on the "Series" consoles, they just haven't because of all the stock shortages everything is multigenerational still.

Series S is still significantly more powerful than the older Xboxes. If I were to buy a console it's not the route I would take either, but I think a few hundreds dollars is a big difference to a lot of console players already (if money was no object, I could extend the argument to why bother with a Series X and just save up the extra money and get a good gaming PC) so I think it was smart of them to give people that option.
Member
Sep 26, 2013
376 posts
759 upvotes
blackbirdman wrote: Oh, Didn't know they came out the same time, I was trying to say, why would anyone get an inferior system over the Series X. I assume the Series S won't be able to play all the new titles that eventually the X would play, also the X is way more powerful, has more features and future proof.
I have a ps5, and a switch. the Series S is prefect for me to use XGP only. IMO Microsfot will always release games on both X and S since they are the next gen console right now. You have a downgraded graphic but avaible. If i want better graphic, i'll just play it on my PS5 instead.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2017
1397 posts
1510 upvotes
It'll actually play all the PS1 games in 4k, no hacking required!
Jr. Member
Dec 16, 2015
161 posts
173 upvotes
Sundre, AB
This shouldn't be getting down voted. They are saying all consoles will be short going forward, and they have no idea currently when they will be able to keep up with demand. The series S exsists for a reason. Not everyone owns a top of the line 4k TV and not everyone wants to pay for series X processing power.
Member
Aug 20, 2009
342 posts
368 upvotes
AlbertaSparky wrote: This shouldn't be getting down voted. They are saying all consoles will be short going forward, and they have no idea currently when they will be able to keep up with demand. The series S exsists for a reason. Not everyone owns a top of the line 4k TV and not everyone wants to pay for series X processing power.
Its getting downvoted because this isn't a deal nor is inventory scarce for Series S.

It's available online at The Source, Gamestop/EB, Walmart and BestBuy in-store pick-up.

Edit: Even Staples has stock. If coupons are applicable that would be an actual deal.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
10007 posts
6947 upvotes
Toronto
Space is already at a premium on my series X, can't imagine having less than half available. If you don't plan on buying the $300 storage expansion I'd definitely go for the X.

Few I have installed:
Gears 5: 101GB
Halo MCC: 138GB (no add-ons)
MS Flight Sim: 102GB

364GB free the Series S, so would push it with just 3 games. Even with USB storage you'll need to swap Series-optimized games (even Xbone games an increasing # are optimized) to the main drive to play.
Last edited by Angultra on Sep 21st, 2021 2:55 am, edited 6 times in total.

Top