Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition 15% off (Switch)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2020 10:33 am
22 replies
Jul 10, 2019
413 posts
380 upvotes
that was fast
only price errors are true deals - such is the philosophy of RFD.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9148 posts
6340 upvotes
Toronto
This game is from 2010, how is this a hot deal? It was a great game 10 years ago and I loved it but it's the epitome of a grindy time wasting JRPG that wouldn't have aged well by today's standards
Mar 17, 2006
237 posts
315 upvotes
ReeGee wrote: This game is from 2010, how is this a hot deal? It was a great game 10 years ago and I loved it but it's the epitome of a grindy time wasting JRPG that wouldn't have aged well by today's standards
All I know is, I didn't get a chance to finish the Wii version, and I'm thankful that OP posted the discount because high profile Nintendo exclusives don't go on sale too often and this game is fricking awesome!
Oct 1, 2009
138 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
My preorder for the limited ed. with eb was cancelled i might as well go with this one. But i still have a voucher expiring soon and this game is eligible. Can't decide.
May 10, 2010
772 posts
1132 upvotes
Kenora
ReeGee wrote: This game is from 2010, how is this a hot deal? It was a great game 10 years ago and I loved it but it's the epitome of a grindy time wasting JRPG that wouldn't have aged well by today's standards
Maybe not by your standards. But there are a lot of people who never got to play the original, and this has significant QOL improvements with added content.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2003
2923 posts
850 upvotes
Ottawa
Haters will always hate.
Jun 6, 2013
76 posts
20 upvotes
he is actually right, not like XC2 this game is not doing great in the market and I know people who got used copy with 30-40, the price will go down further
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1577 posts
1180 upvotes
Quebec City
I haven't the chance to play on the Wii (just a few hours) so I'm more than happy there's a new version on the Switch. I really like it.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9148 posts
6340 upvotes
Toronto
dux wrote: Haters will always hate.
I'm not hating by criticizing the "hot deal" here. I own a sealed copy of this game because it was a collector item at the time and it's one of my favorite RPGs but we're talking about a literal decade old game being remarketed for $70 here. I can be a fan of the game and still think this is a horrible deal I wouldn't recommend to anyone at this price.
poopdedoop wrote: Maybe not by your standards. But there are a lot of people who never got to play the original, and this has significant QOL improvements with added content.
Maybe i'm out of the loop here but what improvements did they make for this game worth $70 again in 2020?
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2003
2923 posts
850 upvotes
Ottawa
ReeGee wrote: I'm not hating by criticizing the "hot deal" here. I own a sealed copy of this game because it was a collector item at the time and it's one of my favorite RPGs but we're talking about a literal decade old game being remarketed for $70 here. I can be a fan of the game and still think this is a horrible deal I wouldn't recommend to anyone at this price.

Maybe i'm out of the loop here but what improvements did they make for this game worth $70 again in 2020?
I don’t care what you think I bought it anyways, thanks op
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
4782 posts
3286 upvotes
Vancouver
Definite edition with some additional content and changes. Add to that it was probably the best game on Wii if you like JRPGs. Some like them, others don't but for any fan of the series, even regular price is well worth it. Again its not for everyone but if you like the series, this is a hot deal (really its a hot deal at any price if you really like the game because there is over 100 hour of potential content). Of course if you arent a fan, then its a cold deal even at $20 so again be warned, the game is a lot of grinding and beside a couple select fights, its pretty easy.
Sep 26, 2010
978 posts
217 upvotes
Highly recommended.
I played it when it first came out on Wii. Got around 20 hours in but the rough graphics coupled with extremely confusing map, I wasn’t going to a.) run aimlessly looking for quest junk and b.) grind for levels. Gave up.

Here we are many years later, and this version has been an incredible surprise. The maps have trackers and waypoints, the graphics have been redone for characters and improved for most everything else, the soundtrack is beautiful, and there’s LOTS of internet resources if you get lost. But you will rarely get lost, thanks to the new mapping and quest system.

I had no patience for this 10 years ago but it’s received so many awesome changes to this version I would highly recommend it.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
10027 posts
4402 upvotes
There are many significant quality of life improvements like quest markers for all quests,
better UI and a completely overhauled remastered soundtrack.

The original soundtrack is still there for the purists too.

There is also post-game new story content that was never in the original game complete with voice work.

I would recommend this game over its sequels XenoBlade Chronicles 2 or Xenoblade Chronicles X any day.

There's no way I am hooking up my Nintendo Wii to revisit the old game on a SDTV with those red, yellow, white cables that most
good modern TVs don't even have anymore.

Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1090 posts
999 upvotes
never played Xenoblade games, but seems to be a huge time sink...

Also very low resolution in handheld mode (~360p )
Jul 10, 2019
413 posts
380 upvotes
some people never played this game, don't wantt o emulate it and willing to shell extra to have it on a new engine + onn the switch's platform for home/portable use.
only price errors are true deals - such is the philosophy of RFD.
Apr 11, 2011
357 posts
242 upvotes
Montreal
I would advise people who never played Xenoblade games before to watch some videos about this game first.

Personally, I tried it and I can see what people like about it but the combat system is not for everyone and the graphics, well, for cheaper, you can play God of War or Uncharted 4 ...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)