Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

XFX RX 5700 XT Triple Dissipation Graphics Card - $478.69

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2020 4:56 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2017
1265 posts
1857 upvotes
Ontario
DarkReaper wrote: AMD has their own tech, Radeon Image Sharpening, which works on all games, except DX11 games.
No comparison, RLSS gives you the same quality and a lot more fps, RIS just makes an image sharper and sometimes you even lose a few fps.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3333 upvotes
shows regular price on triple c. most likely going to be close to this price but i bet they will triple game this when close to september.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
2918 posts
2947 upvotes
Province of Bring Ca…
TBH I have no problem with my ref RX5700 playing RDR2, ROTTR, SOTTR and other recent games
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 30, 2013
4189 posts
4681 upvotes
Ottawa
DanielM491 wrote: Team green is only $200~ more for the same performance ?
Imagine paying $200 more for the same performance.

Not me, chief.
Final Fantasy XVI waiting room.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 13, 2005
2117 posts
1374 upvotes
Toronto
Jimbo67 wrote: No comparison, RLSS gives you the same quality and a lot more fps, RIS just makes an image sharper and sometimes you even lose a few fps.
Why is not a comparison? Yes, it's an image sharpener, but it's trying to achieve a similar purpose. DLSS does not provide the same quality, as it is rendering at a lower resolution, then using AI upscaling. Regarding performance, if anything, both have the same performance hit, which is nearly nothing (0.2-1.0 FPS).

https://www.techspot.com/article/1873-r ... idia-dlss/
h8g7f6j9k0 wrote: well, if it meets a need and Nvidia are the only ones who offer it, then it's not really a "tax". the 2070 Super offers ray tracing, CUDA cores and a slew of ML/DL stuff to upscale games to make it higher quality, much more than the best amd cards in the market. the only reason to go for a 5700 xt is for hackintosh or using it as an egpu fo ryour MBP..
Emphasis on IF. If someone does not need CUDA or RT, then there is very little reason to pay the tax. If you do need it, then go Nvidia.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 29, 2006
1535 posts
287 upvotes
DarkReaper wrote: Why is not a comparison? Yes, it's an image sharpener, but it's trying to achieve a similar purpose. DLSS does not provide the same quality, as it is rendering at a lower resolution, then using AI upscaling. Regarding performance, if anything, both have the same performance hit, which is nearly nothing (0.2-1.0 FPS).

https://www.techspot.com/article/1873-r ... idia-dlss/


Emphasis on IF. If someone does not need CUDA or RT, then there is very little reason to pay the tax. If you do need it, then go Nvidia.
DLSS 2.0 is better than Radeon image sharpening.

The equivalent to Radeon Image sharpening is Nvidia Freestyle sharpening which has wider compatibility.

https://www.techspot.com/review/1903-dl ... le-vs-ris/

Similar image quality but freestyle has wider support. Using old DLSS 1.0 results and pretending freestyle sharpening does not exist, kind of seems disingenuous when you consider how old that link is and how famous DLSS 2.0 is at this point.

DLSS 2.0 is something AMD doesn't have an answer for yet and likely won't until RDNA 2. It is better than Radeon image sharpening because it doesn't create the same artifacts when moving as Radeon image sharpening and at times, can produce image quality that is better than native(at times worse too).

When consoles do come out this year, RDNA 1 cards like the 5700 series and below will be a bit lacking in terms of hardware support since they do not only ray tracing but more importantly in my eyes, variable rate shading which allow developers to reduce image quality on certain parts of the screen to increase performance.

Turing is more future proof and it might be worth getting a rtx 2060 super even with the loss in performance compared to the 5700xt(8 percent performance loss for getting the rtx 2060 super) when you add the more stable drivers.
Feel the wraith of the Old English Sheepdog.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 13, 2005
2117 posts
1374 upvotes
Toronto
I wasn't aware of Freestyle sharpening. Great to see more tools available for the consumers.

And I don't disagree that Nvidia cards are more feature rich, I want to inform people to not blindly buy a card, based on features they might or might not use. Since DLSS and RT is game dependent, it might be worth saving the $200 now, and use that savings towards your next video card.

Outside of brand exclusive features, when a 5700 XT and 2070 Super are matched up, the performance are on par.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2017
1265 posts
1857 upvotes
Ontario
DarkReaper wrote: Why is not a comparison? Yes, it's an image sharpener, but it's trying to achieve a similar purpose. DLSS does not provide the same quality, as it is rendering at a lower resolution, then using AI upscaling. Regarding performance, if anything, both have the same performance hit, which is nearly nothing (0.2-1.0 FPS).

https://www.techspot.com/article/1873-r ... idia-dlss/


Emphasis on IF. If someone does not need CUDA or RT, then there is very little reason to pay the tax. If you do need it, then go Nvidia.
Both do not have the same performance hit, DLSS 2.0 has a perfomance BOOST, that's the amazing thing about it. That article doesn't talk about 2.0.
Being able to play games at 4k and over 60 fps while looking 95% as good as 4k is great when not using DLSS 2.0 you get around 40 fps.
Image
Image
Sr. Member
Nov 25, 2009
680 posts
394 upvotes
Vancouver
> the fan needs to be sped up to deal with temperatures

This is not gonna be a quiet card!
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 6, 2019
126 posts
133 upvotes
Ontario
Just pick up a XFX RX 5700 and flash to XT bios. I've had the card since December it's been amazing
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 13, 2005
2117 posts
1374 upvotes
Toronto
Jimbo67 wrote: Both do not have the same performance hit, DLSS 2.0 has a perfomance BOOST, that's the amazing thing about it. That article doesn't talk about 2.0.
Being able to play games at 4k and over 60 fps while looking 95% as good as 4k is great when not using DLSS 2.0 you get around 40 fps.
Of course there is a performance boost with DLSS in general, when comparing 1080p > 4k DLSS and native 4k, as it is rendering at a lower resolution and upscaled. That's the basis of DLSS, 1.0 or 2.0.

My point regarding performance is when it is running at 1440p native vs 1440p + DLSS/RIS, and that hit is 0.2-1.0, as shown in the benchmarks.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1431 posts
1300 upvotes
ON
My MSI 5700 XT works great since March. It's not noisy (I have an airflow case with a Noctua heatsink so I would hear it) and no driver problems.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2017
1265 posts
1857 upvotes
Ontario
DarkReaper wrote: Of course there is a performance boost with DLSS in general, when comparing 1080p > 4k DLSS and native 4k, as it is rendering at a lower resolution and upscaled. That's the basis of DLSS, 1.0 or 2.0.

My point regarding performance is when it is running at 1440p native vs 1440p + DLSS/RIS, and that hit is 0.2-1.0, as shown in the benchmarks.
The point is DLSS 2.0 gives visuals that are as close to native or sometimes even better and gives more fps than native. All RIS is makes an image sharper.

This is at 4k, native or not who cares as you can see not native actually looks a bit sharper, but in the end you have to go close to your monitor/TV to see the difference side by side with DLSS 2.0 and native so you get a big fps boost and it looks great.
Image
Image
Image
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 13, 2005
2117 posts
1374 upvotes
Toronto
Jimbo67 wrote: The point is DLSS 2.0 gives visuals that are as close to native or sometimes even better and gives more fps than native. All RIS is makes an image sharper.

This is at 4k, native or not who cares as you can see not native actually looks a bit sharper, but in the end you have to go close to your monitor/TV to see the difference side by side with DLSS 2.0 and native so you get a big fps boost and it looks great.
DLSS also employs sharpening techniques. I don't deny that DLSS is a great feature for those that want more FPS with minor compromises, but the biggest issue it has is that it is game dependent, as I have mentioned, whereas RIS (and Freestyle) works on a majority of the games. From this list, there are less than a dozen games right now you can play with DLSS, but with more announced.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/0 ... es-so-far/

We are assuming that the player has a 4k display/[email protected] to justify the use of DLSS, and then also interested in the select list of games. If that's worth the premium price, then Nvidia is the way.

DLSS does not apply on ALL/majority of the games. If it did, that would've definitely been a big killer feature for Nvidia.
Jr. Member
May 31, 2008
194 posts
217 upvotes
Toronto
Great value but man the driver issues are brutal. Random black screen and system hang. Getting better with the last few updates but still happen occasionally. On top of the stability issue, good luck if you have to run OpenGL (ie. Ryujinx). AMD OpenGL performance is atrocious. Vulkan implementation is buggy (ie. Yuzu). Nvidia cards are much better supported if console emulation is your thing. Otherwise, this card is one of the best performance/price value out there.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2017
1265 posts
1857 upvotes
Ontario
DarkReaper wrote: DLSS also employs sharpening techniques. I don't deny that DLSS is a great feature for those that want more FPS with minor compromises, but the biggest issue it has is that it is game dependent, as I have mentioned, whereas RIS (and Freestyle) works on a majority of the games. From this list, there are less than a dozen games right now you can play with DLSS, but with more announced.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/0 ... es-so-far/

We are assuming that the player has a 4k display/[email protected] to justify the use of DLSS, and then also interested in the select list of games. If that's worth the premium price, then Nvidia is the way.

DLSS does not apply on ALL/majority of the games. If it did, that would've definitely been a big killer feature for Nvidia.
Nvidia feels DLSS is mature with 2.0 now is worth it so it will be coming to most AAA games and more. RIS and Freestyle shouldn't ever be compared to DLSS.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 13, 2005
2117 posts
1374 upvotes
Toronto
Jimbo67 wrote: Nvidia feels DLSS is mature with 2.0 now is worth it so it will be coming to most AAA games and more. RIS and Freestyle shouldn't ever be compared to DLSS.
A feature is only useful if it is used. They have their list of upcoming games that are expected to have DLSS, so people can make a judgment call. The only upcoming notable AAA games announced I see is Cyberpunk 2077 and Death Stranding (which is rumoured to be really optimized for PC).

Only reason for the comparison with RIS/Freestyle is because they are all trying to accomplish the same thing, improving graphics at lower resolutions/performance at higher resolutions.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5302 posts
3768 upvotes
Vancouver
sgmtl wrote: hummm I ordered this at 500, can I get a price reduction
Officially - nope

Amazon does not offer a price protection policy so once you check out, the price is locked in.

Amazon does offer a return policy but it would be abusing the policy just to return it for price protection reasons. Also unless something is actually wrong with the card, you will be on the hook for shipping. Rather or not you want to go this route is up to you. You could contact them over chat and see if they will offer you anything. Odds are they will offer you $10 credit or something but unlikely they give you the full amount.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2011
1382 posts
1649 upvotes
Knowhere
Performance is one thing, you need to have a working driver to use that performance. I had an and card before , the black screen was killing me, I had to reboot to get the screen back.....

Top