Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

XFX RX 5700 XT Triple Dissipation Graphics Card - $478.69

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2020 4:56 pm
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
37727 posts
5470 upvotes
Winnipeg
DanielM491 wrote: Team green is only $200~ more for the same performance ?
are you referring to the 2070 super?
WTB amazon gc @90%
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5157 posts
3432 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
DarkReaper wrote: DLSS also employs sharpening techniques. I don't deny that DLSS is a great feature for those that want more FPS with minor compromises, but the biggest issue it has is that it is game dependent, as I have mentioned, whereas RIS (and Freestyle) works on a majority of the games. From this list, there are less than a dozen games right now you can play with DLSS, but with more announced.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/0 ... es-so-far/

We are assuming that the player has a 4k display/[email protected] to justify the use of DLSS, and then also interested in the select list of games. If that's worth the premium price, then Nvidia is the way.

DLSS does not apply on ALL/majority of the games. If it did, that would've definitely been a big killer feature for Nvidia.
There's growing rumor that Ampere GPU will have DLSS 3.0 and it will work for all games that use TAA (Almost every new games).

Anyway, buying a new GPU today seem like a very bad choice, unless you really really need a GPU.

Big Navi and Ampere are coming this fall with most likely very impressive boost and feature. Just wait a couple months!
Aug 13, 2018
33 posts
41 upvotes
RIS and DLSS accomplish the same thing in different ways. The both sharpen, and they both upscale. And RIS works without developer support required in their games. RIS has less of a performance hit than DLSS 1.0, but I haven't been able to find comparisons to 2.0 yet. I wouldn't be surprised if DLSS 2.0 is better than RIS, but RIS is better than DLSS 1.0.

People say not to compare them, but they should be compared, as the end goal is the same. RIS is not _just_ sharpening, despite the name.

Also the black screen issues seem to be sorted out. I was still getting the odd black screen even after the driver updates and it turned out not to be the drivers but rather the FreeSync range needed to be adjusted for my TV. If you still get black screens then you might have the same issue I was having. I've an LG OLED C9 which doesn't actually support FreeSync in the first place does support HDMI VRR @ 40-120hz, so I was able to enable FreeSync using a program called CRU. I changed it to 41-120hz and haven't had a black screen since. There seem to be a lot of people, even with G-Sync, that run into this issue. And they all solve it by adjusting the FreeSync or G-Sync range of their display using CRU.

Also wanted to throw it out there that I came from a GTX 1070 and when people say nvidia's cards are more feature-rich.. that's nonsense as far as I am concerned. Ray-tracing, sure. But AMD seems to have everything else accounted for and a much superior control panel. The latest AMD Radeon Software is amazing. AMD Link on my phone is great for remotely monitoring performance and streaming. Not to mention I am not artifically limited anymore like I was with the 1070. Nvidia doesn't let you use integer scaling unless you're on a 16xx or 20xx card. And even then integer scaling doesn't work with DLSS or super sampling or half the other features. On AMD it just works and they support it all the way back to the 7xxx cards. Further, my TV supports G-Sync over HDMI but nvidia artificially limits that to 16xx and 20xx cards as well. AMD doesn't even support my TV official but it works. Things that should work with nvidia, don't, and things that you don't expect to work with AMD, do. Underdog FTW.
Oct 17, 2006
335 posts
98 upvotes
Vancouver
RyanE52327 wrote:
Also wanted to throw it out there that I came from a GTX 1070 and when people say nvidia's cards are more feature-rich.. that's nonsense as far as I am concerned. Ray-tracing, sure. But AMD seems to have everything else accounted for and a much superior control panel. The latest AMD Radeon Software is amazing. AMD Link on my phone is great for remotely monitoring performance and streaming. Not to mention I am not artifically limited anymore like I was with the 1070. Nvidia doesn't let you use integer scaling unless you're on a 16xx or 20xx card. And even then integer scaling doesn't work with DLSS or super sampling or half the other features. On AMD it just works and they support it all the way back to the 7xxx cards. Further, my TV supports G-Sync over HDMI but nvidia artificially limits that to 16xx and 20xx cards as well. AMD doesn't even support my TV official but it works. Things that should work with nvidia, don't, and things that you don't expect to work with AMD, do. Underdog FTW.
Are you noticing a significant difference from the 1070? I just sold mine and am debating waiting till new cards drop (trying to achieve close to 144fps @ 1440p.) DLSS seems to offer appreciable FPS gains, but I haven't delved into whether RIS does this too. I'm just waiting on Cyberpunk2077, so can probably delay until new cards come out, but it might only be the new highend cards that are available.
Aug 13, 2018
33 posts
41 upvotes
fellows wrote: Are you noticing a significant difference from the 1070? I just sold mine and am debating waiting till new cards drop (trying to achieve close to 144fps @ 1440p.) DLSS seems to offer appreciable FPS gains, but I haven't delved into whether RIS does this too. I'm just waiting on Cyberpunk2077, so can probably delay until new cards come out, but it might only be the new highend cards that are available.
I didn't realize that the 5700 XT was that much faster until I had it in my hands. It was an impulse-buy because I was just so annoyed with nvidia and eager to go back to AMD. Check out the video below for some FPS comparisons between GTX 1070 and RX 5700 XT. My results are mostly inline with it:

They show Witcher 3 @ 4K Ultra around 40FPS but I actually get 53-60 with the 5700 XT depending on the area. Played through Metro Exodus @ 1800p High and it was buttery smooth 60fps the whole time. Super happy with this card. Haven't even tried using RIS myself yet, though. Just been reading up on it a bunch.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
2918 posts
2947 upvotes
Province of Bring Ca…
I was tempted to do that on my ref card but later found out (from youtube how-to videos) that I could only gain less than 10% performance (on avg 6-7%) but will have to deal with way more excess heat then I chicken out.
MrFinancial wrote: Just pick up a XFX RX 5700 and flash to XT bios. I've had the card since December it's been amazing
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
2918 posts
2947 upvotes
Province of Bring Ca…
so you mean the 45fps one is running at 4K, and the 80FPS one is running @ 1080P with DLSS 2.0 on?
TBH I don't believe it. 4K shouldn't be that blurry (the left one)
Jimbo67 wrote: Both do not have the same performance hit, DLSS 2.0 has a perfomance BOOST, that's the amazing thing about it. That article doesn't talk about 2.0.
Being able to play games at 4k and over 60 fps while looking 95% as good as 4k is great when not using DLSS 2.0 you get around 40 fps.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2017
1264 posts
1852 upvotes
Ontario
naticom wrote: so you mean the 45fps one is running at 4K, and the 80FPS one is running @ 1080P with DLSS 2.0 on?
TBH I don't believe it. 4K shouldn't be that blurry (the left one)
Believe what you want, the tests are out there and you can test it yourself if you have the right hardware
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3333 upvotes
You are comparing Nvidia tech with raw amd . Try out against and tech also having greedy c on cheaper monitor helps too
Sep 22, 2009
963 posts
360 upvotes
Pretty good deal, in line with my Sapphire Nitro+ SE. I would definitely get this over XFX's other 5700 XT offerings like the THICC or THICC II.
Currently running two 1080 144Hz IPS monitors and easily getting 144fps and over. Consider undervolting to squeeze out more frames.

Personally, I've found that the drivers have come a long way from a year ago and I rarely get any crashing or blacking out. AMD GPUs age like "fine wine".

With Big Navi and Ampere coming out soon, the prices might go down even more and I don't see demand for the 5700 XT going any higher than it already is right now. The newer cards and CPUs will be coming out with the next gen games, and you'll have a lot more to pick from, in addition to price drops for the current hardware on the market.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that sometimes AMD have promotions bundled with your GPU or CPU purchases.
Might be a good idea to wait until the next sale blitz and see if you can get more for the bang for your buck. Amazon has in the past (in my experience) been extremely stingy and a nightmare to get freebies from. You'd be better off contacting AMD directly, complaining to them about Amazon not honoring their marketing, in order to get your free game or whatever it might be.
Jun 1, 2011
263 posts
161 upvotes
Fredericton
fellows wrote: Are you noticing a significant difference from the 1070? I just sold mine and am debating waiting till new cards drop (trying to achieve close to 144fps @ 1440p.) DLSS seems to offer appreciable FPS gains, but I haven't delved into whether RIS does this too. I'm just waiting on Cyberpunk2077, so can probably delay until new cards come out, but it might only be the new highend cards that are available.
Yeah, upgraded from a 1070 to an XFX RX 5700 (got it at $409 a while back) and flashed it with an XT bios achieving near XT performance (and very decent thermals after stripping off some extraneous plastic from the shroud.

Solid move up. No driver issues.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5770 posts
3741 upvotes
West Vancouver
Damn TRIPPLE DISSIPATION !!!

LOL
Jun 9, 2012
480 posts
325 upvotes
Vancouver
AMD GPUs suck at encoding, they really need to price them low af.
Aug 13, 2018
33 posts
41 upvotes
naticom wrote: I was tempted to do that on my ref card but later found out (from youtube how-to videos) that I could only gain less than 10% performance (on avg 6-7%) but will have to deal with way more excess heat then I chicken out.
Flashing XT BIOS onto non-XT is also kinda hairy as you'll then also need to play around and underclock it to keep it stable. Usually when the BIOS from one model works on another, it's because they're the same product and the lower model didn't make the cut to be sold at the higher specs.
[OP]
Aug 20, 2018
308 posts
1339 upvotes
It’s actually dropped under 478 now and is back in stock, so I have un-expired.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
2202 posts
2219 upvotes
Montreal
Arrives on September 03
LOL
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2015
1525 posts
259 upvotes
Peterborough
I have the Aorus 5700XT and have no issue when I installed it I had to reinstall Windows for some reason but nto sure it was the cards fault or my PC but been working perfect for alomst 4 months now
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2288 posts
1932 upvotes
Am I correct to assume this sits somewhere between an RTX 2070 and 1080Ti?

If that’s the case it’s not the best but not the worst price either...meaning this isn’t hot IMO
Sep 5, 2013
161 posts
77 upvotes
Mississauga
I have the Gigabyte 5700xt Gaming OC, that I bought for $560 on 10/10/2019, so the price you're posting seems decent. You'd need to read up on reviews though to see what it's like with cooling etc.
I absolutely was going for value at the time and definitely had initial driver mishaps. Knock on wood - it's been good for a long while now.

For the most part, it's been reliable for 1440p/60hz, non-competitive gaming.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)