• Dec 12th, 2019 12:40 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2560 posts
3296 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Amazon.ca] Xiaomi M365 Electric Scooter - $479.99

Ok, might be too late for this season, but a good price for next year. I bought one from Woot.com about 2mths back and love it, rode it to work a handful of times from Union Station.

https://www.amazon.ca/Xiaomi-Electric-L ... JY5&sr=8-1

[EXTREMELY FAST AND LONG-RANGE BATTERY LIFE] A 250W motor propels the e-scooter to a max speed of 15.5 MPH. High capacity battery with a maximum travel range of up to 18.6 miles under specific conditions. Check with your local laws before purchase

[PORTABLE FOLDING DESIGN]

Weighs just 26.9 lbs. Portable folding design for easy storage at home or hand carry when necessary.The sturdy frame is made of aerospace-grade aluminum

[DOUBLE BRAKING SYSTEM]
Features a disc braking and eABS regenerative anti-lock braking system for an efficient, responsive braking distance of just 13.1ft.The large 8.5-inch front

[INTUITIVE AND EASY-TO-LEARN]
Intuitive controls simplify learning and use for all ages while improving safety. The scooter frame, components and accessories use the same geometric design language

[INTELLIGENT DESIGN]
The minimal yet modern design of Mi Electric Scooter has been awarded the prestigious Red Dot "Best of the Best" Award, as well as the iF Design Award 2017
20 replies
Aug 13, 2019
167 posts
307 upvotes
How does this scooter handle going uphill? I want one badly but don’t want to be disappointed if it can’t handle the slight uphill commute I have to take to work.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2560 posts
3296 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Redcontrollers wrote: How does this scooter handle going uphill? I want one badly but don’t want to be disappointed if it can’t handle the slight uphill commute I have to take to work.
I'm on the heavier side / max weight limit, so uphill not very well, if you do decide to get it be sure not to update the firmware if prompted, there are youtube tutorials on custom software to install to give it 30-32KM max speed and more power for going up hills.
Jul 27, 2017
205 posts
87 upvotes
Great price, missed the woot deal so many times lol, now woot only has white when the sales come around. Someone on amazon asked about warranty and someone mentioned buying additional warranty? But I didn’t see it. I personally am going to hold off until spring hoping that prices drop and the market gets saturated after the approval of the 5 year pilot project that was recently approved. Thanks
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2009
1047 posts
678 upvotes
Montreal
Redcontrollers wrote: How does this scooter handle going uphill? I want one badly but don’t want to be disappointed if it can’t handle the slight uphill commute I have to take to work.
Depends on the hill. I commute 10k to work from Montreal west to old Montreal and there is a fair elevation change. I’m 180 lbs and it can get slow up the steeper ones. The commute uses 40% of the battery.

I’d say rent a Bird or Lime if you have access and try it on your commute.

Also there is a technique ... you “slalom” up steeper hills (zig zag).
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2015
1700 posts
1739 upvotes
Toronto
So tempted... But it'll be hard to test this with the snow and all. By the time we can ride them out, the return period would be over LOL
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2560 posts
3296 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
SherlockDeals wrote: Great price, missed the woot deal so many times lol, now woot only has white when the sales come around. Someone on amazon asked about warranty and someone mentioned buying additional warranty? But I didn’t see it. I personally am going to hold off until spring hoping that prices drop and the market gets saturated after the approval of the 5 year pilot project that was recently approved. Thanks
True, but I also don't think it will happen that fast as cities have the final say to veto it and lots of cities are not keen on the idea. I know when I was in Poland this past summer where they have atleast 5 different companies that do scooter sharing people were leaving scooters on roadway island dividers. Also, I doubt prices will drop by much, look at the US, quality, brand name scooters hold their value, if anything we'll see more clones which have super crappy QC.

But man, if I had money to burn I'd get the Dualtron Thunder, that scooter is a BEAST!!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2560 posts
3296 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
meepsheep wrote: So tempted... But it'll be hard to test this with the snow and all. By the time we can ride them out, the return period would be over LOL
Snow could still melt, I rode my scooter up until this past Wednesday. Be forewarned though, these scooters are like the new Rice Rockets (Civics), you're gonna wanna add stuff to it, I added some reflective decals (to make it go hyper speed :) ) , solid tire at the back, vibration dampeners, phone holder, bump guards around the deck. AliExpress is so damn cheap and lately stuff has been coming pretty quick.

Aug 13, 2004
115 posts
118 upvotes
Montreal
Just ordered, hope it works well!
Oct 16, 2007
643 posts
556 upvotes
Montr
Just be warned, they are still illegal in Montreal. Only the ones in the official pilot are permitted. Of course police won't don't much for now but that could change quickly. To be considered
May 15, 2010
269 posts
205 upvotes
Ajax
remik wrote: Snow could still melt, I rode my scooter up until this past Wednesday. Be forewarned though, these scooters are like the new Rice Rockets (Civics), you're gonna wanna add stuff to it, I added some reflective decals (to make it go hyper speed :) ) , solid tire at the back, vibration dampeners, phone holder, bump guards around the deck. AliExpress is so damn cheap and lately stuff has been coming pretty quick.

I ride from union to college. Hope we get to race one day with my 1000w boosted board Winking Face
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2560 posts
3296 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
YMMV, if anyone has an AmeriFriend or uses a forwarder, the Hover-1 Pioneer (Walmart exclusive, aka Hover-1 Journey everywhere else) is on CyberMonday promo for $148.99 USD (reg. $348.99) @ Walmart.com so you could technically buy two M365 clones for the price of one M365. This same scooter was $198.99 on BF, so $50 cheaper on CM. Reviews are not bad on YouTube, search Hover-1 Journey.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/MPH-Max-thro ... /855402724
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
1172 posts
180 upvotes
GTA
I bought one and as first time e scooter owner, I have lots of questions.

Any recommendation on mods and where to buy them?
What helmet do you guys wear? I am thinking one that either has MIPS or WaveGel.
For downtown Toronto, do you ride on the side walks or on the bike lane?
Jan 29, 2017
62 posts
63 upvotes
FYI, electric scooters that have not been rented to you by either Bird or Lime are illegal to operate on the streets, roads, sidewalks, and bike lanes of Calgary.
Jun 2, 2016
28 posts
9 upvotes
Anyone got ticketed in Vancouver/lower mainland yet since it is mostly illegal on most metropolitan cities in Canada?
Sep 4, 2011
329 posts
45 upvotes
BURNABY
I feel like it's like the cigarette/weed-smoking law. It's there for a show and never really enforced; and ppl simply ignore it, and do it all day long. Unless someone is specifically looking for trouble, never seen one got a ticket or pull over.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
1172 posts
180 upvotes
GTA
Has anyone's order shipped yet?
It has been 6 days and my tracking only shows the shipping label has been created. No receiving or scanning of the actual item yet.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2004
3035 posts
31 upvotes
GTA
Received my scooter but it came with a european power plug. Did this happen to anyone else?