Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Xiaomi Yi 2.7" 1080p Dash Cam, with 16GB Sandisk Extreme [Lightning Deal] $58.74

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2019 11:21 am
[OP]
May 14, 2015
260 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon.ca] Xiaomi Yi 2.7" 1080p Dash Cam, with 16GB Sandisk Extreme [Lightning Deal] $58.74

It is a lightning deal plus $5 coupon. Not a bad deal but not as hot as boxing day or black Friday.
It comes with a 16GB microSD card. From previous reviews, they either send Sandisk Ultra or Sandisk Extreme. (even though the picture shows extreme)
Do not forget Ebates or GCR for additional cashback.
BTW, multiple reports of the dash cam not working in extreme cold weather.
21 replies
[OP]
May 14, 2015
260 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Two and a half hours left on the lightning deal. Only 12% claimed.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2955 posts
796 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
Thanks OP, I missed the last deal and decided to give this a try. Hopefully this week's temperatures will be cold enough to test out if mine exhibits the same behaviour that was reported
Oct 16, 2012
277 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver
In for one, just had my last dashcam bite the dust because the charging cable melted :((

Hope this one doesn't do the same...
Sep 4, 2014
699 posts
329 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bargain man wrote: Thanks OP, I missed the last deal and decided to give this a try. Hopefully this week's temperatures will be cold enough to test out if mine exhibits the same behaviour that was reported
Mine works fine in -30C.
Nov 17, 2018
88 posts
95 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote: Bought this like 3 days ago. Boo.
Just repurchase and return your original, a bit of a hassle but if you select the right options you'll be able to return with a free shipping label as well
Jun 28, 2018
66 posts
55 upvotes
Thanks Ordered one.

Vid quality looks nice and it has a built in wifi for immediate sync
Existence is pain.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
7258 posts
7054 upvotes
Calgary
Sorrylol wrote: Just repurchase and return your original, a bit of a hassle but if you select the right options you'll be able to return with a free shipping label as well
Thanks, I only paid 6$ more than this price so I’ll suck it up. Hopefully the cam works in the cold!
Nov 17, 2018
88 posts
95 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote: Thanks, I only paid 6$ more than this price so I’ll suck it up. Hopefully the cam works in the cold!
Indeed! I was looking at getting one myself but TBH the non suction cup method of mounting turned me off from it :S
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1652 posts
1628 upvotes
forumw wrote: BTW, multiple reports of the dash cam not working in extreme cold weather.
That doesn’t sound good....
Wallet safe...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
7258 posts
7054 upvotes
Calgary
I guess we need to buy a suction mount somewhere?
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2009
1033 posts
318 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks OP, got one with 11 minutes left :) Only 30% claimed...
Слава Україні!
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2009
1033 posts
318 upvotes
Kitchener
forumw wrote: Not a bad deal but not as hot as boxing day or black Friday
How low did it go?

Thanks
Слава Україні!
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3335 posts
1694 upvotes
GTA
Price is gonna go down again in a couple weeks
I love RFD! :)
Nov 21, 2016
145 posts
70 upvotes
really good device.
It did not once this year, when it was -25 outside. But comes back the next day.
All as well
Aug 7, 2011
230 posts
61 upvotes
I use it everyday, works fine but in this weather expect it to take a good 5-10 minutes before it stays on. Goes into a boot loop until it warms up.
Aug 15, 2007
610 posts
260 upvotes
Richmond Hill
D0ntgiveajack wrote: That doesn’t sound good....
I've had this Camera for 4x years now and it's never failed on me yet. I am using a higher speed Samsung SD Card, I'm not certain if the combo is a legit Sandisk SD card as it shows one that looks like it but nowhere in the description says it's Sandisk.

Also I do have the international version, I'm not sure what this one is. I was able to record an accident in the snow storm last week that I was unfortunately involved with. The camera's quality was quite good and I was able to crop and download the required segment quickly and easily to my phone. See attached for the video, and for the record the Police and Insurance has confirmed I was 0% at fault for those that were wondering.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)