[Amazon Canada] Xiaomi Yi Dash Cam $59.99 Cdn with Free Shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2018 3:32 pm
[OP]
Apr 9, 2012
329 posts
224 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Xiaomi Yi Dash Cam $59.99 Cdn with Free Shipping

Fulfilled by Amazon Canada. As of 2018-01-11 p.m.. With free shipping. But who knows how long deal will last.
145 replies
Sep 23, 2008
27 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Sold by YI Technology and Fulfilled by Amazon.

One click shows that seller just launched and has no history.
Skeptical.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will occasionally post useful information; also, nudes.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2011
1320 posts
981 upvotes
Québec Gold
sounds good to me probably new to canada but big reputation at .com site

Thks Op
Jan 11, 2016
207 posts
102 upvotes
Kanata, ON
Hmmm. Tempting because it's also prime eligible. Amazon would back it.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
1268 posts
776 upvotes
yolomolo wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 8:05 pm
[...]probably new to canada[...]
I hope you are joking about this dash cam being new to Canada! There must be tens of thousands of these Xiaomi Yi dash cams currently in use in Canada. People have been buying them from eBay and Asian online sellers for more than a year. There have been dozens of threads on RFD hot deals dedicated to this dash cam...

Edit: sorry, I just realized you meant the seller "YI Technology" is new to Amazon Canada, but has a good track record on Amazon's US site.
Last edited by ahoroba on Jan 11th, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
1713 posts
408 upvotes
How’s the install? I have always wanted one, but was hesitant to tear into my dash liner.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18833 posts
3948 upvotes
Thornhill
Review by RFD'er bluelammer's. I am not entirely sure if the model on sale is the same, the one in this review is from 2016, anyone know?

Jan 11, 2016
207 posts
102 upvotes
Kanata, ON
ahoroba wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 8:12 pm
I hope you are joking about this dash cam being new to Canada! There must be tens of thousands of these Xiaomi Yi dash cams currently in use in Canada. People have been buying them from eBay and Asian online sellers for more than a year. There have been dozens of threads on RFD hot deals dedicated to this dash cam...
I think he/she meant that the seller is new to Amazon Canada.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2011
1320 posts
981 upvotes
Québec Gold
BiteSizeThumb wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 8:31 pm
I think he/she meant that the seller is new to Amazon Canada.
Exactly ;-)

I did order it no taxe charge !!
[OP]
Apr 9, 2012
329 posts
224 upvotes
ahoroba wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 8:12 pm
I think that they meant the SELLER was new to Amazon Canada, which it shows they (the SELLER) are but not new to Amazon.com
[OP]
Apr 9, 2012
329 posts
224 upvotes
How’s the install? I have always wanted one, but was hesitant to tear into my dash liner.
I don't think that anyone does that!! You just press the cord in the gap along your trim. Go see the Yi thread (from Light in the Box) to see a diagram, or Google it.
Nov 29, 2013
558 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
Can I buy one for front and rear? And how does this perform in extreme cold and extreme heat?

I don't know much about dashcam's but I would like to have a front and rear set up.
[OP]
Apr 9, 2012
329 posts
224 upvotes
brensavoyton wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 8:53 pm
Can I buy one for front and rear? And how does this perform in extreme cold and extreme heat?

I don't know much about dashcam's but I would like to have a front and rear set up.
No reason why not to have front & back, actually a pretty cheap option. But does your vehicle have a 2nd DC outlet for the rear camera, or you'd have to hard wire one & use the front DC outlet for the other. Extreme heat is supposedly a problem with battery powered units & the extreme cold may either slow it from booting or prevent it from booting, but after it warms up it should be fine. Check YouTube for more on the Yi & or dashcams. There is also a dash cam dedicated forum & of course you would learn a ton from Google.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
4146 posts
766 upvotes
Vancouver
fakespot has a B grade on the company and A for reviews
Nov 29, 2013
558 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
Mtnviewer wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 9:02 pm
No reason why not to have front & back, actually a pretty cheap option. But does your vehicle have a 2nd DC outlet for the rear camera, or you'd have to hard wire one & use the front DC outlet for the other. Extreme heat is supposedly a problem with battery powered units & the extreme cold may either slow it from booting or prevent it from booting, but after it warms up it should be fine. Check YouTube for more on the Yi & or dashcams. There is also a dash cam dedicated forum & of course you would learn a ton from Google.
I do not believe I have a dc outlet in the back so that is something to consider having to run a wire. And thanks I did just finish watching the review that was posted previously and that did help my understanding of how it deals with hot weather.